The crowd at the PDC world championship. serious questions.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

Re: The crowd at the PDC world championship. serious questio

Post by Dannyboy »

Mr Glass wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:00 am Society has changed.

Due to reality Tv, internet forums and social networking sites, everyone now sees themselves as 'minor' celebrities.

Attending 'live' darts events has become a good way to raise your 'minor' celebrity status by getting your face shown on the Tv screens.

In the good old days ( :D ), darts fans attended darts events, football fans attended football events, tennis fans attended tennis events etc, etc...

These days, absolutely anyone will turn up at absolutely any event if they think that it will raise their 'minor' celebrity profile.

Big brother has a lot to answer for..
If this was less true in 2012, it certainly feels like this is true now.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Re: The crowd at the PDC world championship. serious questions.

Post by craigmc »

The one thing Lakeside could claim above the real worlds was the order the crowd gave the players. They did have a head start though in that most at Potters Cup played the game at least at pub level. The majority of the PDC crowd just get in fancy dress, try to get on telly and do crap football chants and boo anyone who isn't English. Even Turds like King was being cheered despite having zero charisma? Whilst I appreciate the averages and general good darts of Price and Krusty i can't stand eithers on stage persona. Up to Anderson to save the day as can't see Bellyboy stopping the clown.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

'The real worlds'
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

True then .No question now
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

"Don't drink n drive "
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Lol ...we told you but you would not listen, there has been no attempt to encourage the crowd to behave and give order, darts has become just an excuse for a massive piss throwing party......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

craigmc wrote:True then .No question now
When was 'then'?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Rout wrote:
craigmc wrote:True then .No question now
When was 'then'?
Beep, beep, beep
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

craigmc wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:47 pm The one thing Lakeside could claim above the real worlds was the order the crowd gave the players. They did have a head start though in that most at Potters Cup played the game at least at pub level. The majority of the PDC crowd just get in fancy dress, try to get on telly and do crap football chants and boo anyone who isn't English. Even Turds like King was being cheered despite having zero charisma? Whilst I appreciate the averages and general good darts of Price and Krusty i can't stand eithers on stage persona. Up to Anderson to save the day as can't see Bellyboy stopping the clown.
Yh what's to like about Peter's walk-on banger that puts a smile on your face, being respected by pretty much every other professional on and off the oche, and the fact he keeps his emotions in check until the match is over!? So he looks like a clown, so what?! Of the small amount of kids you see in the crowds, most of them either have MVG shirts or Peter's mohawk. Good for the game.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

WizardofozFan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:53 pm
craigmc wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:47 pm The one thing Lakeside could claim above the real worlds was the order the crowd gave the players. They did have a head start though in that most at Potters Cup played the game at least at pub level. The majority of the PDC crowd just get in fancy dress, try to get on telly and do crap football chants and boo anyone who isn't English. Even Turds like King was being cheered despite having zero charisma? Whilst I appreciate the averages and general good darts of Price and Krusty i can't stand eithers on stage persona. Up to Anderson to save the day as can't see Bellyboy stopping the clown.
Yh what's to like about Peter's walk-on banger that puts a smile on your face, being respected by pretty much every other professional on and off the oche, and the fact he keeps his emotions in check until the match is over!? So he looks like a clown, so what?! Of the small amount of kids you see in the crowds, most of them either have MVG shirts or Peter's mohawk. Good for the game.
For fuck sake!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh my god.
Big Jock Knew
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

Black Velvet wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:00 pm
For fuck sake!
Such charm! Got nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WizardofozFan wrote:
For fuck sake!
Would you rather suck Wright's cock, or let his missus sit on your face?
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

WizardofozFan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:04 pm
For fuck sake!
No, I’m quite alright commenting as I see fucking fit. Thanks.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:
For fuck sake!
Would you rather suck Wright's cock, or let his missus sit on your face?
Tough one. Would she do my hair at the same time?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Depends what time of the month it occurs.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Good to finally see some 'serious questions' after 10 years.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote:Depends what time of the month it occurs.
Ffs ImageImage
Big Jock Knew
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:11 pm Good to finally see some 'serious questions' after 10 years.
Pathetic isn't it Chris? Blimey there are some questionable posters on this site! Thankfully I barely log-on during the year and stay away from the childishness!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Answer the question before you fuck off.