Premier League 2022

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Antony Harboyle-Degg
Pub Champion

Re: Premier League 2022

Post by Antony Harboyle-Degg »

It would he beyond a joke to select her after the abject failure at Q School.

However, it would hasten the general public's realisation that all the hype about her is just that, hype - and that she really simply isn't good enough for the PL even with the mongy crowds supporting her and the occasional player shitting themselves when they play her.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Additional faux outrage from the fella that routinely (verbally, presumably) abuses kids at darts events, there.
Antony Harboyle-Degg
Pub Champion

ChrisW wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:56 am
If it's about commercial draw then let's get Tyson Fury to fight Gerwyn Price on the oche refereed by a topless Kiera Knightly every week.

Whilst Peter Buck.out of REM plays Some Enchanted Evening on a mandolin, maybe.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Sigh.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Antony Harboyle-Degg wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:31 am It would he beyond a joke to select her after the abject failure at Q School.

However, it would hasten the general public's realisation that all the hype about her is just that, hype - and that she really simply isn't good enough for the PL even with the mongy crowds supporting her and the occasional player shitting themselves when they play her.
If she walked into the Willy today you'd be all over her saying she was amazing and should have a wild card. We all know it.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

He's decided to e-fellate Gaz this weekend. Let him get on with it.
Antony Harboyle-Degg
Pub Champion

meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:35 am He's decided to e-fellate Gaz this weekend. Let him get on with it.
E-fellate = Agree with him on 2 subjects in 1 week.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

Vriezzer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:01 am
ChrisW wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:56 am
Well, how do you guys in the UK say this.... absolute shambles?
no, we say this... "business"

at the end of the day barry/eddie will do whatever they think is best for business and if that means pleasing sponsors or promotional hype so be it as the only thing that really matters is what they think is best for the PDC going forward - so far they have got it right unless people prefer it when there was less money in the game or when it was run by the spacklins
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Anyone any idea why the players have not been announced?
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

I'll be honest if the choice is between her or someone like Rob Cross - nothing against him - I'd rather tune in to see how she got on.

It might not be deserved, fair or whatever but it would be interesting to see which of the other players would crumble with the crowd behind her.

The other thing is it isn't ranked. It's an exbo so who really cares apart from those involved?
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:51 pm Anyone any idea why the players have not been announced?

they were going to announce it at the worlds....but pinocchio lost first round, so they put it off as they wanted her .

Then they were going to announce it after day 3 of Q-school but pinocchio was jobbing at q-school ad no chance of a card...so they had to put it on hold again.

Cumsponge Porter and the board are trying to come up with some excuse and validation that they can use to pick pinocchio.
The pussywhipped, betas, cucks etc will buy any old excuse, but the average darts fan dont want her in the PL
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

The Cat wrote:I'll be honest if the choice is between her or someone like Rob Cross - nothing against him - I'd rather tune in to see how she got on.

It might not be deserved, fair or whatever but it would be interesting to see which of the other players would crumble with the crowd behind her.

The other thing is it isn't ranked. It's an exbo so who really cares apart from those involved?
The mu.nter haters will also be much more likely to tune into watch too. Its almost like that would be the motivation behind her selection, were it to happen. You know, generating more interest.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

This is the moment to select her. Sky would be daft not to use it now. So much media/socials interest. Exploit it even if it is negative.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:22 pm This is the moment to select her. Sky would be daft not to use it now. So much media/socials interest. Exploit it even if it is negative.
The more she plays, the faster the hype will die. So, maybe it would be a good idea.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

1205 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm
ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:22 pm This is the moment to select her. Sky would be daft not to use it now. So much media/socials interest. Exploit it even if it is negative.
The more she plays, the faster the hype will die. So, maybe it would be a good idea.
Possibly, but the media hype will die quicker so this is the one chance to exploit it.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I would have picked her under the old format and with 10 players. Probably not now only 8.

Why do I keep reading who 'deserves' to be there. This is an exhibition tour that raises money for the pro tour. Nothing more nothing less.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I think it will be:
Wright
Price
MVG
Wade
Clayton
Anderson
Smith
Cross
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:42 am I think it will be:
Wright
Price
MVG
Wade
Clayton
Anderson
Smith
Cross
That what it should be I for feeling Wade and cross be taken out for 2 people we not except fallon and 1 more to it’s not just her added And don’t look so obvious
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Skewball wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:36 am I would have picked her under the old format and with 10 players. Probably not now only 8.

Why do I keep reading who 'deserves' to be there. This is an exhibition tour that raises money for the pro tour. Nothing more nothing less.

From a player's perspective I bet the sole reason why they want to play in it is purely financial.
From a travel perspective they will be away from home during the PL weeks for an extra couple of nights as they usually are there from the Wednesday creating promotional material. Then straight on to Pro Tour or Euro Tour events.
Wasn't it Mensur that stated this is why he lost interest in playing in it.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

foggs3355 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:17 pm
ChrisW wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:42 am I think it will be:
Wright
Price
MVG
Wade
Clayton
Anderson
Smith
Cross
That what it should be I for feeling Wade and cross be taken out for 2 people we not except fallon and 1 more to it’s not just her added And don’t look so obvious
That's what it should be. But, I feel Wade and Cross will be replaced by 2 other people, Fallon and 1 other, so it's not just her added, so that it doesn't look so obvious (that they're desperate to get her in there).