Darts in the media

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Darts in the media

Post by Ginge »

Yes, thats the biggest takeaway to take from that video.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Loves to do a Tommy Cooper impression.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

.ImageImageImage
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

It was a very bad joke though. I saw the clip. The crowd loved it! Laughing away, but not doing boring chants!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

dont know if anyone else is aware of this but a good chat tonight on rpghtv with john gwynne tonight !! worth a gander
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Did he fluke his way onto the channel like Alan Norris fluked a Tour Card?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Didn't realise you were such a fan?
Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:25 pm Alan Norris with a "U OK hun? Inbox me" kinda Tweet this evening, I see ImageImage
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It was very "u ok hun" to be fair.

Even someone replied with "inbox me" Image
Big Jock Knew
Booze N Glory
Feather Flights

Post by Booze N Glory »

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sport/bdo ... mpionship/

Bit of of half hearted attempt at an article here. Fails to mention there was to be a tournament at Lakeside even with the BDO going pop!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Booze N Glory wrote:https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sport/bdo ... mpionship/

Bit of of half hearted attempt at an article here. Fails to mention there was to be a tournament at Lakeside even with the BDO going pop!
Shows you how poor the event had been promoted, doesnt it? As proven by ticket sales before it got postponed
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

It's in Dutch but still worth a watch :)

O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

If the last two spots in the PL are debatable, here is a new celebrity contender:
https://www.givemesport.com/1776179-mik ... lindfolded

ps, don't know why this should up in my newsfeed as recent, just noticed its originally from 2013!
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

O C wrote:If the last two spots in the PL are debatable, here is a new celebrity contender:
https://www.givemesport.com/1776179-mik ... lindfolded

ps, don't know why this should up in my newsfeed as recent, just noticed its originally from 2013!
A convicted sex offender. Would fit right in.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

saw this posted

Durrant looks really fucked.....worse than i thought. I know he was never a top ten player but still...

I wont be sad to see ando drop down the rankings either

Rydz looks set to make huge ground, and surprised Krusty is defending so little, and Cross looks set to keep climbing back up the rankings
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:47 am saw this posted

Durrant looks really fucked.....worse than i thought. I know he was never a top ten player but still...

Rydz looks set to make huge ground, and surprised Krusty is defending so little, and Cross looks set to keep climbing back up the rankings
Durrant won’t start falling from his current #31 until after the Matchplay when £50k comes off.
Before then he is only guaranteed £2k for being top 32 at the U.K. Open.
He’s £25k above #33 in the OOM so can’t see anyone overtaking and dropping him out of top 32 before the Matchplay.

Anderson’s money is all from two finals two years ago. WC final £200k and Matchplay final £70k.
So even if he skips the ET again and most PC he is still getting TV money this year as will still be in top 32 up to WC.

Whitlock’s money at risk is more spread out being from Slam, WC, Grand Prix and Matchplay. However, by WC could well have dropped out of top 32 and the others his Pro Tour OOM position is so poor won’t make those.

You can see the stats for all the players here.
https://www.dartsrankings.com/
Just click on their name to see where money at risk.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

malcy93 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:28 am
Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:47 am saw this posted

Durrant won’t start falling from his current #31 until after the Matchplay when £50k comes off.
He’s £25k above #33 in the OOM so can’t see anyone overtaking and dropping him out of top 32 before the Matchplay.

Anderson’s money is all from two finals two years ago. WC final £200k and Matchplay final £70k.
So even if he skips the ET again and most PC he is still getting TV money this year as will still be in top 32 up to WC.

Whitlock’s money at risk is more spread out being from Slam, WC, Grand Prix and Matchplay. However, by WC could well have dropped out of top 32 and the others his Pro Tour OOM position is so poor won’t make those.

You can see the stats for all the players here.
https://www.dartsrankings.com/
Just click on their name to see where money at risk.
The only shame about Peterson potentially dropping down the rankings is that he could be in the commentary box a bit more.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

malcy93 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:28 am Durrant won’t start falling from his current #31 until after the Matchplay when £50k comes off.
The calendar has the UK Open, 19 PCs and 10 ET events before the Matchplay.
Durrant will drop 18.5k off his ranking before the Matchplay.
So there's not _that_ much net improvement needed by other players to overtake him before then. Could depend significantly on whether many ET events are run before then.

Not that it really matters, he's 86th and falling on the Pro Tour rankings so the only major play he'll get is 1 game in the UK Open.

The only consolation for him is that he was gifted 38.25k in the 2021 season, so he still has a slim chance of saving his card if he can somehow recover his game to some half-decent level. But, I can't see it. Instead he might stop trying mid-season, and never be seen again.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

1205 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:59 pm
malcy93 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:28 am Durrant won’t start falling from his current #31 until after the Matchplay when £50k comes off.
The calendar has the UK Open, 19 PCs and 10 ET events before the Matchplay.
Durrant will drop 18.5k off his ranking before the Matchplay.
So there's not _that_ much net improvement needed by other players to overtake him before then. Could depend significantly on whether many ET events are run before then.

Not that it really matters, he's 86th and falling on the Pro Tour rankings so the only major play he'll get is 1 game in the UK Open.

The only consolation for him is that he was gifted 38.25k in the 2021 season, so he still has a slim chance of saving his card if he can somehow recover his game to some half-decent level. But, I can't see it. Instead he might stop trying mid-season, and never be seen again.
With his 2021 earnings and the £2k from U.K. Open that takes Durrant to just over £40k in OOM.
So, he will need just under £10k from PC and ET to keep his card.
No hope based upon his form last year.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »