ChrisW
International

World Senior Darts tour 2022

Post by ChrisW »

3-6 Feb JENNINGSBET WORLD SENIORS CHAMPIONSHIP – CIRCUS TAVERN, PURFLEET
19-20 Mar JENNINGSBET OPEN SERIES EVENT 1 – CRUCIBLE CLUB, NEWBURY
8-10 Apr JENNINGSBET WORLD SENIORS MASTERS QUALIFIERS – CRUCIBLE CLUB, READING
28-29 May JENNINGSBET WORLD SENIORS MASTERS – LAKESIDE FRIMLEY, GREEN
10-12 Jun JENNINGSBET WORLD SENIORS MATCHPLAY QUALIFIERS – CRUCIBLE CLUB, READING
2-3 Jul JENNINGSBET WORLD SENIORS MATCHPLAY – BONUS ARENA HULL
30-31 Jul JENINGSBET OPEN SERIES EVENT 2 – SHILBOTTLE SPORTS, ALNWICK
8-9 Oct JENNINGSBET OPEN SERIES EVENT 3 – MANCHESTER (VENUE TBC)
11-13 Nov JENNINGSBET WORLD SENIORS CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS – CRUCIBLE CLUB, READING

9-12 Feb JENNINGSBET WORLD SENIORS CHAMPIONSHIP – CIRCUS TAVERN, PURFLEET
meetthefeebles
County Player

Re: World Senior Darts tour 2022

Post by meetthefeebles »

Hoping these aren't running before they are walking. I'd have waited to see how the February event goes, personally. There a lot of enthusiasm for that, but mostly based on nostalgia and the novelty might wear off pretty quickly once the reality of loads of legends playing shit and losing to no-name jobbers bites.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Be interesting what sort of price money everything is and how the 1st event goes they need to get draw and format out soon for that got a few to replace now
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:56 am Hoping these aren't running before they are walking. I'd have waited to see how the February event goes, personally. There a lot of enthusiasm for that, but mostly based on nostalgia and the novelty might wear off pretty quickly once the reality of loads of legends playing shit and losing to no-name jobbers bites.
The fact that Taylor, Lowe, Deller and Bob Anderson playing in 3-4 events a year will be enough for people to go down nostalgia lane, It may even help relaunch careers and some (Not saying those mentioned) could go back on the PDC Tour or do well at Lakeside etc etc
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:56 am Hoping these aren't running before they are walking. I'd have waited to see how the February event goes, personally. There a lot of enthusiasm for that, but mostly based on nostalgia and the novelty might wear off pretty quickly once the reality of loads of legends playing shit and losing to no-name jobbers bites.
The fact that Taylor, Lowe, Deller and Bob Anderson playing in 3-4 events a year will be enough for people to go down nostalgia lane, It may even help relaunch careers and some (Not saying those mentioned) could go back on the PDC Tour or do well at Lakeside etc etc.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

oche balboa wrote:
The fact that Taylor, Lowe, Deller and Bob Anderson playing in 3-4 events a year will be enough for people to go down nostalgia lane, It may even help relaunch careers and some (Not saying those mentioned) could go back on the PDC Tour or do well at Lakeside etc etc.
No doubt that is what the organisers hope will happen, but at this stage, you and they are guessing.
greatkingrat
Steady Sixties

Post by greatkingrat »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:32 pm
That rather depends what their current standards are. Seeing "legends" turn up and chuck 60 averages will get stale quickly.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

greatkingrat wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:32 pm
That rather depends what their current standards are. Seeing "legends" turn up and chuck 60 averages will get stale quickly.
I agree, a single yearly comp is great for nostalgia reasons, too many and the whole novelty of it is gone
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Vriezzer
Pub Champion

Post by Vriezzer »

Agreed.
To survive, is to be victorious!
Antony Harboyle-Degg
Pub Champion

Post by Antony Harboyle-Degg »

I hope people will be outraged that Jenningsbet are sponsoring this.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Hnnnnnnnngggggg
Antony Harboyle-Degg
Pub Champion

Post by Antony Harboyle-Degg »

That was easy.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Edited by Admin

No.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Antony Harboyle-Degg wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:14 pm I hope people will be outraged that Jenningsbet are sponsoring this.
betting companies are only an issue when its the PDC they sponsor....you should know that by now
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Looking forward to this event. Should be good fun.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:39 am Looking forward to this event. Should be good fun.
You're not going up to the World Champs are you? I think today is the last day I can cancel and get a refund so let me know if you are :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
County Player

Post by 1205 »

greatkingrat wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:32 pm
Seedings and qualifiers can help take care of that. 50 is young enough that there are plenty of good players out there. (As we've seen with several of them getting cards!)

Any of the old big names can be invited, get a cheer, get battered and then go home or hang around as they prefer, while the better players continue with the tournament.

If it works out, rather than getting people back on tour, it could take more people off the tour into semi-retirement.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

£30 for an evening at the Lakeside. Bargain!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Nice, that’s very reasonable.