World Seniors Darts Championships

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: World Seniors Darts Championships

Post by ChrisW »

Maybe Oche and Dupes will see the finish :)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:57 pm
I think other than Jenkins, the other 3 can all manage to be above the 90 average and give a good final
Aye the Modus live league players mainly I would imagine and Painter.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:03 am
I think other than Jenkins, the other 3 can all manage to be above the 90 average and give a good final
didn't painter say he played in the modus muck ?
Sure I saw him mentioned before
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Garry Murphy wrote:
deathrides wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:34 pm
waddle147 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:46 pm Worth pointing out that Adams is 65, compared to the 54 of Painter and Thornton and 57 of Jenkins.

When he was in his mid-50s, he was still one of the best in the world.
It's crazy to me that he was born a year before Bristow. Bristow won his first major in 1977, Adams did it 30 years later.
adams spent over a decade trying to qualify, failed year in year out, and only qualified when he did because of the split.They dont like these facts mentioned.
Then he had to wait for his master barney and Merv, Vinny and others to leave....another thing they dont like mentioned
It took quarter of a century to finally reach a final in a depleted field, where he took on a pub player.....they dont like this mentioned either.
Then despite playing a pub player he fell over the line despite being 6-0 up in sets whilst his wife was in the bog convinced her soon to be ex husband was going to choke again.

quarter of a century, a split in the game, barneys and others to leave til it was depleted and then he won the same title that Christian Kist and Wayne Warren also won.

"world champion" (snigger)

when he needed money his invented principles were tossed aside and came crawling to Uncle Barry for a handout, and was a whipping boy
Its good you have finally let this out. Its not healthy to keep this sort of thing bottled up you know. You really must speak out sooner.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:06 am
ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:03 am
didn't painter say he played in the modus muck ?
Sure I saw him mentioned before
Yes was mentioned last night by me and you replied on it. :)
Also Tezza did. So in face all 4 Semi Finalists have played in it.
Not really a surprise as it is why they are invited to this.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Well that was great fun, the best I’ve had for some time. It’s not all about averages guys.

Many thanks to the forum guys who were there, hope to see you at minehead 😁👍🏻
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

was not aware jenks played in it, then I rarely give a shit about that modus stuff
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

spaceman70 wrote:Well that was great fun, the best I’ve had for some time. It’s not all about averages guys.

Many thanks to the forum guys who were there, hope to see you at minehead ImageImage
You wont see me there but good to bump into you again after all these years
Big Jock Knew
paolo2144
Steady Sixties

Post by paolo2144 »

Haven't watched much of this as much as I get nostalgic thinking of days when I saw likes of Bob Anderson, keith Dekker. Phil Taylor etc in their prime to me there is nothing sadder than watching them play shite.

It reminds me of the seniors snooker tour where you watch likes of Hendry 2nd only to O'Sullivan in terms of all time greatness playing bollocks. It also means nothing as Jimmy White who never lifted a real world championship ended up with 3 senior's titles but I bet they mean f%%% all to him.

I might tune in for final but the coverage has also been pretty shocking from small bits I have seen
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:41 pm
deathrides wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:34 pm
waddle147 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:46 pm Worth pointing out that Adams is 65, compared to the 54 of Painter and Thornton and 57 of Jenkins.

When he was in his mid-50s, he was still one of the best in the world.
It's crazy to me that he was born a year before Bristow. Bristow won his first major in 1977, Adams did it 30 years later.
adams spent over a decade trying to qualify, failed year in year out, and only qualified when he did because of the split.They dont like these facts mentioned.
Then he had to wait for his master barney and Merv, Vinny and others to leave....another thing they dont like mentioned
It took quarter of a century to finally reach a final in a depleted field, where he took on a pub player.....they dont like this mentioned either.
Then despite playing a pub player he fell over the line despite being 6-0 up in sets whilst his wife was in the bog convinced her soon to be ex husband was going to choke again.

quarter of a century, a split in the game, barneys and others to leave til it was depleted and then he won the same title that Christian Kist and Wayne Warren also won.

"world champion" (snigger)

when he needed money his invented principles were tossed aside and came crawling to Uncle Barry for a handout, and was a whipping boy
Gazmong claiming that Raymond van Barneveld is a 'pub player', there.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:58 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:There is not a single player left in this comp that won a real proper world championships
There was always a chance something like this would happen. All the former champs in the field are old. Really, really old. The players of qualifying age still good enough to play at a high level are playing in the PDC. What was always likely here was that the comp would boil down to to those who are right on the fringe of the tour cards with the possible wildcards of Feel and Adams.

It's the fundamental flaw with the whole she-bang. After a few nostalgic appearances by much-lived legends, the business end is always likely to be between some qualifiers and the fringe PDC pros.
Same happens in the snooker. Everyone wants to see the names they remember from the 80s/90s win, but if you're of the right age and just off your, you're in a much better place. That's when the interest will die, because there's no nostalgia to see those playing and winning.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

The only problem is that they should have done this event 10 years ago and then it could have been established by the time the 80s players got too old. As they have now.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Well, 15 maybe!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Feeling rather fragile this morning
Captain Hobo
Pub Champion

Post by Captain Hobo »

Skewball wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:33 am The only problem is that they should have done this event 10 years ago and then it could have been established by the time the 80s players got too old. As they have now.
They had the League of Legends in 2008, and all of them except Bob Anderson were pretty ordinary by then.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Captain Hobo wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:58 am
Skewball wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:33 am The only problem is that they should have done this event 10 years ago and then it could have been established by the time the 80s players got too old. As they have now.
They had the League of Legends in 2008, and all of them except Bob Anderson were pretty ordinary by then.
I think the addition of recently retired or non your card players like painter and Thornton have made a difference.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

nikkiboy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:16 pm
Captain Hobo wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:58 am
I think the addition of recently retired or non your card players like painter and Thornton have made a difference.
The problem is those players are too good and easily beat the legends which most fans want to see win.

By letting them play, being able to do so at much higher standard risks losing the TV audience who want to see the famous old names win.

This is all the complaints you see about the BBC showing the Snooker Seniors online. The famous names get stuffed as too old so eye sight and coordination gone plus don’t practice enough. Hence you see the events won by unknown to the wider public journeymen players as in snooker you can play main tour and seniors provided over 40 and ranked below 64 on main tour.

It’s the problem all the senior events face. Same in golf and tennis.

Only way round it is to make it an invitational legends tour so the promoters pick who sells tickets and gets a TV audience so you keep out the younger better players and definitely no qualifier for entry. Some would complain the quality of play is then crap but most non fan viewers don’t really care as they see names they know playing.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Ginge wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:58 pm The venue was packed tonight. Said for months it was a bigger draw than Lakeside.
I bet When they go lakeside they get to 80% +full over 1000 a session
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Its not full today, but still a decent crowd in.
Big Jock Knew