WDF World Darts Championship Final Day

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: WDF World Darts Championship Final Day

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:21 pm Viewing figures used to be a bigish topic on here re the different orgs. Why are some so touchy and defensive?
I'm sure you will see them.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Black Velvet wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:19 pm
oche balboa wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:18 pm Christ Devosteve is Countrylife Gazmong
😂 this only85 fella seems a bit stunted too.
Is he the ginger cunt who posted a video of himself inserting something up his arse all over the internet?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Black Velvet wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:18 pm
ChrisW wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:17 pm
devosteve wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:15 pm Looking forward to reading what the viewing figures have been. Must be massive being shown on 3 channels.
Are you really?
Do you look forward to that for PDC events.
Twat.
He can’t even watch PDC events, he only has five channels.
Council estate TV (that is free ones) now number quite high. Must be a couple of hundred
Last edited by devosteve on Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

devosteve wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:23 pm
Ginge wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:17 pm
devosteve wrote:Looking forward to reading what the viewing figures have been. Must be massive being shown on 3 channels.
3? I count two.
Could be a school boy error on my part. Thought it was on discovery, Eurosport and quest.
discovery player pal, eurosport and quest
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

devosteve wrote:Looking forward to reading what the viewing figures have been. Must be massive being shown on 3 channels.
3? I count two.
Could be a school boy error on my part. Thought it was on discovery, Eurosport and quest.
Discovery own Eurosport and Quest - it was on their online platform, Discovery Plus.

I enjoyed the older finals - didn't watch the youth ones. Beau was fantastic, and the mens' final started bloody slowly, but really picked up for the last 4 sets or so.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

devosteve wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:15 pm Looking forward to reading what the viewing figures have been. Must be massive being shown on 3 channels.
Are you really?
Twat.
Why the personal attack. I have never done that.

Bring back the swear filter I say.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

The Cat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:24 pm
oche balboa wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:18 pm Christ Devosteve is Countrylife Gazmong
Is he the ginger cunt who posted a video of himself inserting something up his arse all over the internet?
not me sorry to disappoint you
Lurgan
Superleague Player

Post by Lurgan »

Hearn be absolutely seething at the success of this event and darts back on the stage at the home of world darts
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Si Robin wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:25 pm
3? I count two.
Discovery own Eurosport and Quest - it was on their online platform, Discovery Plus.

I enjoyed the older finals - didn't watch the youth ones. Beau was fantastic, and the mens' final started bloody slowly, but really picked up for the last 4 sets or so.
I genuinely thought discovery plus was a TV channel. I got it wrong.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:26 pm
Are you really?
Twat.
Why the personal attack. I have never done that.

Bring back the swear filter I say.
Sorry you twot.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

only85 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:27 pm
My apologies in that case. I was thinking of Dynamite Chris Bradley who has been on here again recently. Very sorry.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

The Cat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:28 pm
only85 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:27 pm
My apologies in that case. I was thinking of Dynamite Chris Bradley who has been on here again recently. Very sorry.
ok no worries,
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The wdf show and support boys, girls, ladies and men's darts.

I hope all those saying how great this event has been and how good the wdf has been compared to the PDC haven't been ripping to bits the ladies darts all week then loving it for a great final. It's all one package.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:33 pm The wdf show and support boys, girls, ladies and men's darts.

I hope all those saying how great this event has been and how good the wdf has been compared to the PDC haven't been ripping to bits the ladies darts all week then loving it for a great final. It's all one package.
Wish you would just say what you mean rather than skimming around the edges each time you post.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

considering it was billed as going to be a complete shit show by esteemed members each day has had average 10 pages of posts & even now loads signed in & 93 guests,
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:39 pm
devosteve wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:33 pm The wdf show and support boys, girls, ladies and men's darts.

Wish you would just say what you mean rather than skimming around the edges each time you post.
That's all he ever does!
County Player

Post by 1205 »

I don't think anybody said it was a great final. They just remarked on the good performance by Greaves.
Greaves won comfortably 4-0 in sets and 12-1 in legs against an opponent who underperformed.

Next year should be better as everything normalises.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Reflection on the evening's viewing, the boys final wasn't great and if that Charlie lad could have hit his doubles early on he'd have won it easily.
Ladies final, Beau was magnificent and lived up yo the hype we've heard for a few years, here is a future star of ALL darts, not just ladies.
The mens final was entertaining, not high averages but tension and nip and tuck all the way, thoroughly enjoyed it although I did want Tricole to win.

The tournament as a whole was a success, maybe commercially they could have sold more tickets or had a bigger sponsor who didn't control the high price of them but they can work on this.
My tuppence worth if the WDF are interested, reduce the field to 32 and just run it Wednesday to Sunday, or better still do it over Easter week and have the finals on the Easter Monday.
Having the boys, girls and ladies finals on before the mens in my opinion worked well.
Venue - yes I know it's the Lakeside but having been to both I'd say the circus tavern is more suited to their needs, looks fuller and (almost) as prestigious.

The WDF can be happy with this and have something to build on for next year.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:28 am Reflection on the evening's viewing, the boys final wasn't great and if that Charlie lad could have hit his doubles early on he'd have won it easily.
Ladies final, Beau was magnificent and lived up yo the hype we've heard for a few years, here is a future star of ALL darts, not just ladies.
The mens final was entertaining, not high averages but tension and nip and tuck all the way, thoroughly enjoyed it although I did want Tricole to win.

The tournament as a whole was a success, maybe commercially they could have sold more tickets or had a bigger sponsor who didn't control the high price of them but they can work on this.
My tuppence worth if the WDF are interested, reduce the field to 32 and just run it Wednesday to Sunday, or better still do it over Easter week and have the finals on the Easter Monday.
Having the boys, girls and ladies finals on before the mens in my opinion worked well.
Venue - yes I know it's the Lakeside but having been to both I'd say the circus tavern is more suited to their needs, looks fuller and (almost) as prestigious.

The WDF can be happy with this and have something to build on for next year.
Yes and no....bin the afternoons off, cut it back to 32 men (and 12 women) and run it like it was run prior to the 2016 expansion of just having sessions at weekends and evenings. It may sell better then.
Also lets not kid ourselves, the 1st Sunday afternoon session is a contender for the worst session of televised darts ever broadcast (mens L48 and womens L24 games).

As for the Easter suggestion, they have already said they are looking at having it back in January, personally I dont agree but there we are.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Also - I noted Bob and Barbara Potter were nowhere to be seen. Is he on his last legs? That may not be good news for this event if so, yes milk the Potter cow whilst he is alive but there is guarantee his heir(s) will keep the club/hotel on when he snuffs it.
Big Jock Knew