Site Admin/Mod

Re: One Code for all Genders

Post by Black Velvet »

How many posts?
County Player

Post by 1205 »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:33 am
Black Velvet wrote:No surprise that Nikki and Oche don’t understand the difference between sex and gender.
There is no difference, you can say your gender is a lighthouse if you wish, doesn't make it true.

If you have a willy, you're a man (male). If you have a fanny, you're a woman (female).
A tiny group of what's called intersex people are born with both.

Live your best life, be whomever you want to be but don't insist that everyone else calls an apple an orange.
You're still confusing sex and gender.

Gender is an artificial construct based on norms of behavior of people of male and female sex.
The vast majority of people match and fit with those norms to a very large degree. Some people don't, and some of those people are non-binary, and some have dysphoria from being forced to conform. Not really surprising, given the complexity of biology making it highly unlikely that the sex-related characteristics are simple switches.

I would just like us to pick an official non-binary pronoun set. We have "it" (singular, but can have negative connotations) or "they/them" (can be confused with plural). Then the symbol is either I or T and we're done.

I'd also like to congratulate ChrisW on the wonderful fishing expedition with the use of "all Genders" instead of "everybody".
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I'm too upset to count straight.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

You're confusing Nikki with someone with a modicum of awareness about anything.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

1205 wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:No surprise that Nikki and Oche don’t understand the difference between sex and gender.
There is no difference, you can say your gender is a lighthouse if you wish, doesn't make it true.

If you have a willy, you're a man (male). If you have a fanny, you're a woman (female).

Live your best life, be whomever you want to be but don't insist that everyone else calls an apple an orange.

Gender is an artificial construct based on norms of behavior of people of male and female sex.
The vast majority of people match and fit with those norms to a very large degree. Some people don't, and some of those people are non-binary, and some have dysphoria from being forced to conform. Not really surprising, given the complexity of biology making it highly unlikely that the sex-related characteristics are simple switches.

I would just like us to pick an official non-binary pronoun set. We have "it" (singular, but can have negative connotations) or "they/them" (can be confused with plural). Then the symbol is either I or T and we're done.

I'd also like to congratulate ChrisW on the wonderful fishing expedition with the use of "all Genders" instead of "everybody".
You are aware that UK law only recognises two genders, male and female & although you can legally change your gender, it has to be to one of the following:

Male
Female

You can call yourself whatever you like and use whatever pronouns make you happy but you will be one of the two genders, either male or female.

Fact.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Google taking a hammering, incorrectly too.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:14 pm
1205 wrote:

You are aware that UK law only recognises two genders, male and female & although you can legally change your gender, it has to be to one of the following:

Male
Female

You can call yourself whatever you like and use whatever pronouns make you happy but you will be one of the two genders, either male or female.

Fact.
Although since UK law doesn't bar organisations from recognising non-binary genders (and some already do), UK law is irrelevant to this.

More particularly UK law doesn't care much about gender. Birth certificate and passports says sex, not gender. Driving licenses don't have sex or gender on them at all. The law allows transgender people to change the sex on official documentation to match their gender to reduce problems related to being transgender.

Also, it's worth noting that the 2021 UK Census included a question on gender identity, and, if different from sex at birth, the individual could fill in their own gender identity. The government accepts the existence of non-binary genders.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

1205 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:14 pm
1205 wrote:

Male
Female

Fact.
Although since UK law doesn't bar organisations from recognising non-binary genders (and some already do), UK law is irrelevant to this.

More particularly UK law doesn't care much about gender. Birth certificate and passports says sex, not gender. Driving licenses don't have sex or gender on them at all. The law allows transgender people to change the sex on official documentation to match their gender to reduce problems related to being transgender.

Also, it's worth noting that the 2021 UK Census included a question on gender identity, and, if different from sex at birth, the individual could fill in their own gender identity. The government accepts the existence of non-binary genders.
You are correct, the Government allows you to change gender - to male or female. You can go through gender reassignment surgery from male to female or female to male. These are the only two options for a gender change operation.

What you are describing as genders are actually just feelings, ie the 'gender' where you are only attracted to people far away, they have no legal standing.

Like I said before, if you wish to self certify as a lighthouse that's your business but you shouldn't expect the rest of the world to change to suit your mood.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Fucking hell!
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Interesting that the census had the gender question.
I didn't know that. More interesting than how many windows does your house have.

I often identify as a window.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote:Interesting that the census had the gender question.
I didn't know that. More interesting than how many windows does your house have.

I often identify as a window.
People identified as jedi warriors on the census form although not one of them could do the jedi mind trick and they didn't have working lightsabres or T16s.

The census asked first what sex you were, it then asked if you identify your gender as the same as your sex, this question was voluntary and only for over 16s iirc.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Why does it bother you do much? What difference does it make to you and your life?
Who said it bothers me?

Just stating a fact.
The amount of time you spend talking about this topic suggests it bothers you that's all.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

When the generation x was growing up they thought their grandparents were a bit too racist.

The grandkids will no doubt look at some of this generation of 40-50 somethings as a bit genderist.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Rout wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:37 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Why does it bother you do much? What difference does it make to you and your life?
Who said it bothers me?

Just stating a fact.
The amount of time you spend talking about this topic suggests it bothers you that's all.
Are you suggesting he's a bit Alan Partridge?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Black Velvet wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:36 am No surprise that Nikki and Oche don’t understand the difference between sex and gender.
You are a short fat cunt with a fanny and a pair of tits, so what are you?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ILAD wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:23 pm
Black Velvet wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:36 am No surprise that Nikki and Oche don’t understand the difference between sex and gender.
Mildy arousing?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ILAD wrote:
I would say he's an eight pinter

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

IPOSTANDRUNLIKEASHITHOUSE is here!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Rout wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:32 am IPOSTANDRUNLIKEASHITHOUSE is here!
Has spent his entire holiday chasing me across multiple forums. No wonder he’s there alone.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Rout's fantasy is the ladies football team to be all transgender
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021