Defining irony

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Defining irony

Post by Rout »

Like rain on your wedding day?

Or the fact that the downfall of the BDO pretty has much mirrored the downfall of this forum, year upon year.

Especially since it has come to light from moved staff room posts that this was, after all, a Pro-PDC forum, by orchestration of the mods and admin.

To put it more simply, certain folk craved the end of the BDO, thinking it would create some sort of darting utopia, when in reality it has just made darts boring as fuck, with nothing interesting to talk about anymore, hence the death of darts forums and the bubble continuing to slowly burst.

Discuss....
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Re: Defining irony

Post by Black Velvet »

Not really possible to argue against it. Sure certain basement dwellers will try, mind.

Starts clock.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Has it really made darts boring?

In 2019 I watched a number of non-PDC tournaments like the Welsh Open and Dutch Open.
In 2022 I watched a number of non-PDC tournaments like the Welsh Open and Dutch Open. Plus I've watched some of the Modus stuff.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

1205 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:31 pm Has it really made darts boring?

In 2019 I watched a number of non-PDC tournaments like the Welsh Open and Dutch Open.
In 2022 I watched a number of non-PDC tournaments like the Welsh Open and Dutch Open. Plus I've watched some of the Modus stuff.
you must also factor in the sad cunt who started the thread who has nothing else in his miserable existence except this forum where he cries endlessly about the bubble bursting

Now that this forum is dead, he thinks all darts is dead, because that is the vacuum he squats in.

PDC prize money has gone up
Modus has grown
The munters have an expanded series in the PDC
They even got a pdc matchplay for the women and places in the majors
The old farts are running a world title and expanded tour
The WDF are seemingly running another so called worlds at bobs salmonella centre

As said this place is all he has and thinks because here is dead all darts is dead, however other forums and social media is as busy as ever as is the game
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Black Velvet wrote:Not really possible to argue against it. Sure certain basement dwellers will try, mind.

Starts clock.
And therein lies another chunk of irony. Whilst he would be the person to disagree with my suggestion the most, in reality he should be the first one to wholeheartedly agree.

In the dizzying days of the rivalry, he was relevant, and even revered across forums. Now he is a total laughing stock and resembles some deluded war veteran who still thinks it's 1944.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

:DDD:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Rout wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:50 pm
Black Velvet wrote:Not really possible to argue against it. Sure certain basement dwellers will try, mind.

Starts clock.
And therein lies another chunk of irony. Whilst he would be the person to disagree with my suggestion the most, in reality he should be the first one to wholeheartedly agree.

In the dizzying days of the rivalry, he was relevant, and even revered across forums. Now he is a total laughing stock and resembles some deluded war veteran who still thinks it's 1944.
😂
Little Lonely Garry
International

The dwarf crying about irony too dense and with zero self awareness to realize the irony himself.

A guy that has driven away people on every forum he has either run or participated on with his "pdc are cunts" and "bubble gonna burst" shit over and over and over and over now moaning about others carrying on the same shit over time.....priceless

This is guy that killed df, who prior thought he could sell it for £10k...let that sink in...£10k for a forum of a handful of unemployed people, and he fucked it up , even his own brother left to start another failure of a forum, then failure came naturally to the Aireys.

This forum clearly did not want him either as proven by the mod threads, and no surprise this place is almost dead as he has driven most away.
But as said this place is all he has in his empty life and because here is dead, he thinks darts is dead.

But I am sure he wont let things like the truth get in the way of his usual bullshit, moaning about bubble bursting, and chasing me around the board desperate my attention to fill the empty void in his pitiful unemployed miserable existence :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Rout wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:50 pm

Starts clock.

Absolutely superb 😂
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote:Like rain on your wedding day?

Or the fact that the downfall of the BDO pretty has much mirrored the downfall of this forum, year upon year.

Especially since it has come to light from moved staff room posts that this was, after all, a Pro-PDC forum, by orchestration of the mods and admin.

To put it more simply, certain folk craved the end of the BDO, thinking it would create some sort of darting utopia, when in reality it has just made darts boring as fuck, with nothing interesting to talk about anymore, hence the death of darts forums and the bubble continuing to slowly burst.

Discuss....
What a load of old tosh, from the start the BDO got the same coverage on here, at least as much as it warranted.
Topics in the main are started by members, be they PDC, BDO or IDO.
If the BDO events received less attention it was more down to the lack of TV coverage coupled with the piss poor prize money on offer, I mean one organisation was playing for £1 million and the other for a trophy and £16k, one he never got and the other the police repossessed. I remember one ranked BDO tournament that had a printed prize flyer that advertised a last 16/32 place won a set of fucking flights

I've always said that circa 2004 the BDO had the better product, the issue then was never one of quality but one of the ability of those in charge to promote their brand. Once Uncle Barry got involved the PDC started to take off and when Barney finally switched the race had already been lost for the BDO and they were left with idiots in charge trying to live on the glory days of years gone by, exacerbated by the Williams', Warren Brown and finally the Jacklin corporation.

Some of the mods here wanted to prioritise the PDC, that was always the case and initially at set up even the name of 'pdcforum' was mooted. Some wanted a more balanced ethos incorporating all darts, hence what we went with.
In hindsight the ones wanting a more PDC slant were the correct ones all along.

If the BDO played second fiddle to the PDC it was of their own making, the upper echelons of that organisation refused to engage constructively with anyone outside their circle whereas the PDC, it's directors and sponsors actively engaged with it's potential support base on this forum.
All we ever got from the BDO were threats, starting with Fitzmaurice and continued by it's managing directors in London, Wales and Gainsborough.

As for your last point, no darts enthusiast ever craved the end of the BDO, even people like Gaz who endlessly criticised them, some justified, some less so, would have preferred a vibrant and successful alternative to the PDC than the laughing stock it became.

Forums started to die a slow death when twitter, Facebook et al came along, I'm shocked some are still around.
Case in point how is BDO forums doing these days?
D16?
df?
The first one bdoforums was 100% BDO discussion and closed down before the rot had truly set in.

In summary, most of your OP is rubbish.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

MY EYES!
Little Lonely Garry
International

No no no Nikki, all the "pro pdc " threads on here were started on here under orders from the mods who dictated all member be equally as pro pdc.

dont you remember stopping people from starting bdo threads :DDD:

this is brilliant , reading how this forum died because the bdo died......you could not make this shit up :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:34 pm
If the BDO events received less attention it was more down to the lack of TV coverage coupled with the piss poor prize money on offer.

The exact opposite of what you say here was true. For as long as I can remember, the BDO threads have received much more attention and posts than the PDC threads. That paradox itself has been a constant source of discussion and ridicule on here. Hence the decline of the BDO has mirrored the decline of the forum. Now that there is nothing BDO to discuss, there is little discussion left. The most vibrant threads back in the day were the rivalry threads, the Grand Slam threads, the ones discussing who might defect, the Lakeside threads etc....

Some of the mods here wanted to prioritise the PDC, that was always the case and initially at set up even the name of 'pdcforum' was mooted. Some wanted a more balanced ethos incorporating all darts, hence what we went with.

Whenever people tried to call this a PDC slanted forum, the mods and admin would act very defensively and always deny wholeheartedly that it favoured the PDC. Now that staff room posts have highlighted what some of us knew all along, you claim it was always common knowledge. Okay....

If the BDO played second fiddle to the PDC it was of their own making

Erm, ok, quite what any of that has to do with my post is beyond me. Are you reading my post to suggest that you and this forum are to blame for the decline of the BDO? Narcissistic, much? As stated above, this forum has always thrived on BDO discussion, but the moderating bias was evident to see from the start. Two different things.

As for your last point, no darts enthusiast ever craved the end of the BDO, even people like Gaz who endlessly criticised them, some justified, some less so, would have preferred a vibrant and successful alternative to the PDC than the laughing stock it became.

Utter, utter bollocks. There were many calls for a unified game under the PDC banner.

Forums started to die a slow death when twitter, Facebook et al came along, I'm shocked some are still around.
Case in point how is BDO forums doing these days?
D16?
df?
The first one bdoforums was 100% BDO discussion and closed down before the rot had truly set in.

Well your new chum Gaz seems to suggest the opposite, that forums other than this one are thriving in the post-BDO paradise. Who to believe?

In summary, I replied to the poster, not the post.

Agreed.
Replies in bold.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Black Velvet wrote:MY EYES!
Step away from the mirror and put some clothes on.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Aren’t you the fattest on here now that Lurgs has stopped posting?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Black Velvet wrote:Aren’t you the fattest on here now that Lurgs has stopped posting?
I think you still hold that title.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I've seen you both in the flesh and Nikki was definitely the fatter. And uglier.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

I’m svelte these days.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I think it's spelled 'sweaty'