Grand Slam of Darts 2022 12-20 Nov Wolverhampton

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
mik252
Pub Champion

Re: Grand Slam of Darts 2022 12-20 Nov Wolverhampton

Post by mik252 »

What was that from Smith at the end? Didn’t mention anything in the interview after.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

mik252 wrote:What was that from Smith at the end? Didn’t mention anything in the interview after.
He looked to be getting narky at someone in the audience throughout the game. Then gave them the Hankey "mouth mouth mouth" when he won.

That's what it looked like to me.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Is this shite still on?
mik252
Pub Champion

Post by mik252 »

Rout wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:33 pm
mik252 wrote:What was that from Smith at the end? Didn’t mention anything in the interview after.
He looked to be getting narky at someone in the audience throughout the game. Then gave them the Hankey "mouth mouth mouth" when he won.

Ah fair enough wondered if it was aimed at Barney who didn’t look like he did anything particularly wrong.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

mik252 wrote:
Rout wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:33 pm

Ah fair enough wondered if it was aimed at Barney who didn’t look like he did anything particularly wrong.
Given the direction of his angry glances I think it might have been aimed at someone in the Barney camp, which might explain a bit of friction between them at the end. But a fair bit of guesswork there on my part.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Aspinall will move up to 5th in the oom if he beats Smith tonight.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:48 pm Aspinall will move up to 5th in the oom if Smith chokes as expected.
FTFY.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I'd like to predict that Smith will both win tonight and also lose by choking. Just so I can gloat either way.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Me too.
Also one scenario Wade drops another page so win win.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

A major for Smith?
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Surely wins one here. Would be hilarious to lose from 15-5, but not even he can fuck this up.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Well done Smith. How long until somebody says that it it doesn't count because he didn't have to beat any of the top players to win it?

Smith is now #3 in the tour card race, ahead of Price and 9.75k behind Van Gerwen.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Well done Michael.

For those of us who have always believed that his first Major was always going to come and be the catalyst for him becoming a serial Major winner, tonight was a great night.

Let's see if those who accuse him of being a bottler and would never win a Major, will now concede they were wrong and give Michael the credit he deserves.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 pm Well done Michael.

For those of us who have always believed that his first Major was always going to come and be the catalyst for him becoming a serial Major winner, tonight was a great night.

Let's see if those who accuse him of being a bottler and would never win a Major, will now concede they were wrong and give Michael the credit he deserves.
what a pathetic ass sucking cunt you are

"michael"

as if somehow you are on first name basis with him
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

ssjsa wrote:Well done Michael.

There is no question at all that Smith has bottled at key moments in his career. Calling him a bottler is entirely fair, based on those moments.

However, it was always very likely that he'd eventually win one. He's simply too good a player not to. Now he's won one, it is very likely that he goes on to win a lot.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well done Mike.
I'm on even better terms with him.
Good to see it has got to some.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Little Lonely Garry wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:18 pm
ssjsa wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 pm Well done Michael.

what a pathetic ass sucking cunt you are

"michael"

as if somehow you are on first name basis with him
How are ye Martin?

Do you have an objective view on Michael's success and are you going to retract your assertions that he is a bottler and will never win a PDC Major(Premier Event).

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

meetthefeebles wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:18 pm

There is no question at all that Smith has bottled at key moments in his career. Calling him a bottler is entirely fair, based on those moments.

However, it was always very likely that he'd eventually win one. He's simply too good a player not to. Now he's won one, it is very likely that he goes on to win a lot.
Every player, including Phil Taylor has bottled key moments in there careers and Michael Smith is no different.
No doubt a case in question was the UK Open final against Danny Noppert when he should have won that title, however in some of his final losses, his opponent has played really well.

The standard in the PDC is now at an incredibly high level, not only the top players but going further down the OOM than ever before, and winning a Major will become increasingly harder, but I do genuinely believe that Michael will win many more.

Can I also say it is so refreshing to be able to converse on darts related topics on the forum for a change.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

meetthefeebles wrote:

However, it was always very likely that he'd eventually win one.
Especially given the state of the top end of PDC darts at the moment.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Well done Michael Smith
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021