Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Re: 2023 PDC World Championship - Road to the Ally Pally

Post by Black Velvet »

1205 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:47 pm
oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:58 am
mik252 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:58 am
Rout wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:26 pm Abysmal first 2 rounds, probably the worst of all time.
Decent third round
Dull fourth round
Couple of half decent quarter finals
Awful semi finals

Not even a barnstorming final can stop this being the worst PDC worlds of all time.
Certainly the most underwhelming worlds I can remember. Usually enjoy the pre-Christmas sessions but they were a complete damp squib due to a combination of dismal performances and so few surprise results.

I think one of the main points that has stood out for me is the small amount of genuine upsets. Flicking through the results I make it six in the whole tournament:
R1 Grant Sampson v Keane Barry
R2 Jim Williams v James Wade
R3 Kim Huybrechts v Peter Wright
R3 Alan Soutar v Danny Noppert
R4 Stephen Bunting v Luke Humphries
QF Gabriel Clemens v Gerwyn Price

Not sure how that compares to previous years but it feels lower to me.
Sampson was an upset. Barry performance was almost worthy of an investigation
Williams was a minor upset
Wright was an accident waiting to happen. Was a minor upset
Soutar and Noppert was a bit of a surprise
Bunting surprise was the scoreline. He had been playing better then Humphries to that point
Clemens was a shock
Barry doesn't need investigation. It was freezing outside, the heating wasn't working and he was very clearly struggling with the cold, blowing on his hands all the time.
That room is absolutely roasting, regardless of whether there's heating on :D
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

meetthefeebles wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:28 pm
ChrisW wrote:Needs to show some of his famous bottle.
Prior to the GSOD, you'd give Smith no realistic chance of winning this. After?

He is the only player in the field (except Wright at 100%) who has anything like the scoring required to put pressure on the Goblin. And Goblin is feeling the pressure - he was always at his most tetchy at the worlds, even in his pomp - you can see it in that video.

This is the one he cares about more then the rest combined. He's been under absolutely no pressure at all so far. Let's not pretend he's invulnerable. His arse fell out left, right and centre for about three years.

If Smith can put him under early with a barrage of big scores, he has every chance.
Even then, MvG is a better player than Barney was in 2007. If MvG doesn't win i hope Smith earned it.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Black Velvet wrote:Aspinall and Rock shouldn't be in the PL. Humphries probably deserves it given he's won four Euros this year but as always it'll be whoever the PDC wants (whatever bollocks they spout about Sky). Wouldn't be surprised if Barney is in.
In recent times its been all about who wins big tournaments hasn't it?

No doubt the goalposts are about to be moved due to some of the lads that have won tin pots.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Rout wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:42 pm
Black Velvet wrote:Aspinall and Rock shouldn't be in the PL. Humphries probably deserves it given he's won four Euros this year but as always it'll be whoever the PDC wants (whatever bollocks they spout about Sky). Wouldn't be surprised if Barney is in.

No doubt the goalposts are about to be moved due to some of the lads that have won tin pots.
You can only put MvG in once, end of mystery.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Case wrote:

What are you talking about?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Clemens more likely than Barney I'd say.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

In this short pathetic thread Tiny Tears with a history of moaning endlessly about the PDC and driving members away, across more than one forum has

Moaned about the PDC,
Complained about the fans
Had a dig about the boards used
Cried about the averages
Complained about the standard
Complained about everything pdc related.

Now he thinks it was the worst world champs ever.....what a shock, who could have foreseen that a short arse cunt with a Napoleon complex and a history of moaning about the pdc would be complaining yet again, ....shocked I tell thee.
Any wonder hardly no one posts on dart threads, who would come here to read his repetitive shit over and over and over month after month, year after year. Hence why other forums have threads well over 150 pages, some like TDF has almost 600 pages....here has 26 in 5 months..

Even bluespark a mod on here has posted these elsewhere about tiny tears and his hitory
"Have to say the df rejects like Rout and Suicide Ant flooding the boards non stop make the place unreadable."

Have fun, I am off to a far busier and more enjoyable forum, might come back later to provide another badly needed sympathy post.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Little Lonely Garry wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:25 pm Even bluespark a mod on here has posted these elsewhere about tiny tears and his hitory
"Have to say the df rejects like Rout and Suicide Ant flooding the boards non stop make the place unreadable."

Have fun, I am off to a far busier and more enjoyable forum, might come back later to provide another badly needed sympathy post.
He posted that in 2016.
In reply to your comment "Could you imagine if i did not post there, the cunts would have no one to chase, hence why I dont post as often"

6 years later still can't stay away.
Enjoy the final.

Starts clock.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

HITORY!!!!!

Off to his imaginary forum, our loss.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Nobody has complained more about the PDC in the last year than the dump dweller. Hates hypocrisy, he does.

Tbf, probably feels a little embarrassed after bigging this total heap of crap up as the greatest shoe on earth.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Black Velvet wrote:HITORY!!!!!

Off to his imaginary forum, our loss.
He was on the hitory channel once you know.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Little Lonely Garry wrote:In this short pathetic thread Tiny Tears with a history of moaning endlessly about the PDC and driving members away, across more than one forum has

Moaned about the PDC,
Cried about the averages

Now he thinks it was the worst world champs ever.....what a shock, who could have foreseen that a short arse cunt with a Napoleon complex and a history of moaning about the pdc would be complaining yet again, ....shocked I tell thee.
Any wonder hardly no one posts on dart threads, who would come here to read his repetitive shit over and over and over month after month, year after year. Hence why other forums have threads well over 150 pages, some like TDF has almost 600 pages....here has 26 in 5 months..

Even bluespark a mod on here has posted these elsewhere about tiny tears and his hitory

Jesus fuck.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Little Lonely Garry wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:25 pm In this short pathetic thread Tiny Tears with a history of moaning endlessly about the PDC and driving members away, across more than one forum has

Moaned about the PDC,
Cried about the averages

Oh look its Gazmong the virgin is here
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Not long to go fellas.......2 BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Looking forward to watching this final.

Cheers bluespark.

Hopefully a good game.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Rout wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:52 pm
Case wrote:

What are you talking about?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Wonder if the crowd will play a part tonight.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Not the best start from Bully Boy.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ChrisW wrote:Wonder if the crowd will play a part tonight.
2 legs in.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Those little half chances have to be taken if this game is going to be competitive. It's like playing Taylor all those years ago - you got a handful of combination shots and you had to take them to get a foothold.