Captain Hobo
Pub Champion

Re: 2023 PDC World Championship - Road to the Ally Pally

Post by Captain Hobo »

meetthefeebles wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:04 pm
devosteve wrote:
ChrisW wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:11 am
Black Velvet wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:31 am
oche balboa wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:22 am Gazmong isn't taking it too well at all
If the forum did exist you can scale his numbers back by a factor of 1,000, given the lies proven about his blog viewership.
Surprised Devosteve is a member of this 'forum' given his technical skills.
I signed up but didn't post there or visit it because, I think, I had a password problem.

So I was a member I guess but have never seen it. But it does exist, otherwise how can you sign up to it!

Gazmong using members with zero posts to big-up a forum he posts on. Quell fucking surprise.
Desperate stuff.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

devosteve wrote:
Black Velvet wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:31 am
oche balboa wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:22 am Gazmong isn't taking it too well at all
If the forum did exist you can scale his numbers back by a factor of 1,000, given the lies proven about his blog viewership.
I signed up but didn't post there or visit it because, I think, I had a password problem.

So I was a member I guess but have never seen it. But it does exist, otherwise how can you sign up to it!

Gazmong using members with zero posts to big-up a forum he posts on. Quell fucking surprise.
wrong again you sausage loving simpleton.

I was naming those members on here who are or were members on the other forum.Seems you have difficulty with English.
The fact you thought it was about post count and not the members , shows your mentality and stupidity.

And Devo was dumped out for not posting it seems
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Gamong bigging up the membership count of a forum with 12 members, there.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Little Lonely Garry wrote:
devosteve wrote:
Black Velvet wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:31 am If the forum did exist you can scale his numbers back by a factor of 1,000, given the lies proven about his blog viewership.

wrong again you sausage loving simpleton.

I was naming those members on here who are or were members on the other forum.Seems you have difficulty with English.
The fact you thought it was about post count and not the members , shows your mentality and stupidity.

And Devo was dumped out for not posting it seems
Oh, so you were just naming posters to name posters. Gotcha.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Rout wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:37 pm Gamong bigging up the membership count of a forum with 120,000 members, there.
Fixed for his fragile self esteem.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

he keeps going
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Eartha Kitt
Feather Flights

Post by Eartha Kitt »

Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

I take 5 years away from forums and come back to Gazmong spouting the exact same shite he was spouting years ago.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Well both awl and mason said (on the wsod prog) that they had never seen so much global media coverage for the world championship.

Seems like darts having just one proper world championship has been a good thing for the game.

Well done PDC.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Try a bit more subtlety next time. Good effort though.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:19 pm
Seems like darts having just one proper world championship has been a good thing for the game.
Agreed. Looking forward to December.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2023/01/23/glob ... ampionship

The 2022/23 Cazoo World Darts Championship was the most successful in the sport's history both on and off the oche - with the event's impact still being felt globally.

The 30th staging of the PDC's World Championship saw 90,000 fans pack London's Alexandra Palace across the Christmas and New Year period - with tickets being snapped up in record time last year.

A thrilling and dramatic tournament was eventually won by Michael Smith, who landed a nine-dart finish during the final against Michael van Gerwen before going on to lift the Sid Waddell Trophy for the first time.

A moment dubbed "the greatest leg in history" has gone on to gain worldwide acclaim, with Van Gerwen having missed double 12 for a nine-darter of his own before Smith achieved perfection, and led to the PDC's biggest-ever day of social media interaction with over half a billion hits on all platforms.

The clip has featured on global news channels, was discussed by NBA legend Shaq and even saw Smith interviewed on the popular MMA Hour podcast with Ariel Helwani.

The Sky Sports commentary from Wayne Mardle and Stuart Pyke during the nine-darter has also become infamous across the globe in the fortnight since.

The World Championship has been featured by Spectator magazine, while Smith received messages of congratulations from around the world - including footballers Harry McGuire, Connor Coady and Toni Kroos, stars from his beloved St Helens rugby league team

Gabriel Clemens' run to the semi-finals also led to record TV ratings for German broadcaster Sport1, in addition to coverage through DAZN in his home country.

Clemens' semi-final tie with Smith was watched by a record-breaking peak of 3.78 million fans on Sport1, an all-time record for darts on the free-to-air channel and the third-best figure in their 30-year history, underlining the soaring popularity of the sport within Germany.

The tournament also enjoyed greater worldwide exposure than ever before to over 150 countries through the PDC's broadcast partners, including Sky Sports, DAZN, Viaplay, VTM, Fox Sports Australia and Sky New Zealand.

"Even two weeks on, the Cazoo World Darts Championship remains a talking point for sports fans around the world, especially the incredible final we had between Michael Smith and Michael van Gerwen," said PDC Chairman Eddie Hearn.

"The impact the tournament has had around the world is incredible - the social media numbers were off the charts, viewing figure were huge and the nine-darter is still being discussed on TV shows, podcasts and by written media even now.

"The sport has never been in a better place and it's really exciting as we prepare for the Cazoo Masters later this month, the Cazoo Premier League from February and the start of the new ProTour season.

"The world is going darts crazy - it's a sport where excellence is rewarded yet played in a party atmosphere that puts smiles on faces while it changes lives for the better.

"With prize money increasing again on the PDC circuit in 2023 and our global tours getting back to a full calendar, this is just the beginning!"

On the oche, the record for the total number of 180s hit in the event was smashed during the final as Smith landed 22 maximums and Van Gerwen hit 15 to set a new total of 901.

Steve Beaton created history by playing in his 32nd successive World Championship, while Raymond van Barneveld became only the second player to reach 30 appearances in a World Championship.

Ukraine was represented for the first time in the World Championship as Vladyslav Omelchenko competed at Ally Pally, where history was made as three women also competed in the 96-player field.

Smith's triumph also saw him become world number one as he picked up £500,000 in prize money - making him only the sixth player to top the PDC Order of Merit since the move to a money-based ranking in 2007.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:19 pm Well both awl and mason said (on the wsod prog) that they had never seen so much global media coverage for the world championship.

Well done PDC.
I think Chris w post above backs up this post.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I read a piece put out by the Conservative party earlier, turns out this is the best year in British history.

Who'd have thought it hey.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.