PDC Women's Series 2023

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
County Player

Re: PDC Women's Series 2023

Post by 1205 »

Addicks Fan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:38 am
1205 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:53 pm
Addicks Fan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:34 pm Hard to argue against Greaves and Suzuki being comfortably the best two women players in the world right now

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
Well they were the best 2 players at 2022WS 13-16. And 2022WS 17-20. And now 2023WS 1-4.
But it's how far ahead of the rest they are. If you ignore the World Masters Suzuki has been fantastic in recent tournaments.

Fallon needs to have a few good runs to make sure she qualifies for the Matchplay, it is no longer a foregone conclusion.

And who is Kim Holden? She had a good weekend!
I wouldn't say that Suzuki is that far ahead. The averages are close but she's been more consistent than Ashton and Sherrock.
But Suzuki again beat Sherrock, making it 3-0 in the past two WS weekends. In the Greaves hype, Suzuki didn't get the recognition for being the player who _actually_ (should have) knocked Sherrock out of the World Championships, by beating her in WS17 and WS20.

EDIT: Funny thing is that we now have Greaves and Suzuki in the clear lead in both the Matchplay and the WOOM (ha!) and I think they were the two key players the PDC originally had in mind when they added the womens' spots to the PDC World Championships. (Ashton being an immediate draw, but knowing she didn't have many years left).

Holden is from the Wirral (according to Google). Good results, although her weekend average was on the low side for her winnings at 68.91. But, she had wins against De Graaf, Ashton, and Winstanley (as well as Dobromyslov and Adriana van Wijgarden-Vermaat), stringing together winning averages in the 70s.

Also I'd point out that O'Sullivan had a good weekend, only beaten by Suzuki (3 times) and Sherrock. As well as Greaves and Suzuki, the 2023 Women's Matchplay looks likely to add O'Sullivan as well, and that should be a significant upgrade from last year's underwhelming version.