PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by ChrisW »

Price also threw some good arrows last night.
51% check out percentage usually wins matches.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ChrisW wrote:Price also threw some good arrows last night.
51% check out percentage usually wins matches.

This is the thing, his darts were superb and deserved to win without a question.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:This tournament has showed that the Welshman is an unsporting cheat. That is not the correct way to win tournaments by clearly obstructing your opponents.

I'm not saying this because he has won against a player of whom I'm a big fan.

For a little less than that Adrian Lewis was suspended from the UK Open Qualifiers earlier this year so I do hope that steps are taken by the authorities in this direction with regards Gerwyn Price.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
So you are ignoring Anderson encroaching and pushing then, eh?
As soon as price's 3rd dart hits the board his throw has concluded and he needs to clear the oche. You have moaned for years how slow Mitchell is to retrieve his darts calling him a cheat, what's different here?

Mitchell plays in the BDO that’s what’s different

The problem I have with Mitchel is what he does is when his opponent has already reached the oche ready to throw, there is no need to be slow with taking your darts out.

Price is doing his thing before his opponent gets to the oche to throw and I think Anderson knew what he was doing when he tried to quicken it up.

I think he goes too far with his celebrations but

A - he’s not the first player by any stretch of it, the top 2 players of all time were known for trying every trick in the book

and

B - can’t deny it made a great final, most interested I’ve been in a darts final in a long time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oche should concentrate on paying Mr Shaw for his Lakeside ticket, he's had bank details for almost three weeks now...
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidB wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:The amount of seething and crying this win for Gezzy has caused makes it even more satisfying,
Darts has always been full of needle and mindgames. Look at Jocky, Bristow, Taylor, Ted etc etc. If the opponents can't handle it, then that's their weakness.
People need to dry their eyes and deal with it.

Your last few posts have been spot on sir!!!
It's just a form of cheating, trying to win an unfair advantage..........Ruining the game we know as darts.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:The problem I have with Mitchel is what he does is when his opponent has already reached the oche ready to throw, there is no need to be slow with taking your darts out.

Price is doing his thing before his opponent gets to the oche to throw and I think Anderson knew what he was doing when he tried to quicken it up.

Defending Price and knocking Mitchell there when actually no different. How does Mitchell know his opponent is at the oche when he has his back to his opponent?? And as Anderson showed last night he was at the oche before Price did his thing.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

DavidB wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:The problem I have with Mitchel is what he does is when his opponent has already reached the oche ready to throw, there is no need to be slow with taking your darts out.

Defending Price and knocking Mitchell there when actually no different. How does Mitchell know his opponent is at the oche when he has his back to his opponent?? And as Anderson showed last night he was at the oche before Price did his thing.
I’m not defending either I’m saying they are different situations

In the case of Mitchel it’s clear cut what he’s doing as it’s right as his opponent is about to throw, there is no defending him at all as it’s purely designed to put people off

Price is doing what a lot of other people doing at the end of their throw but to the extreme, a leg later Anderson walks to the back of the stage with his darts in the board still and nobody bats an eyelid
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
DavidB wrote:

In the case of Mitchel it’s clear cut what he’s doing as it’s right as his opponent is about to throw, there is no defending him at all as it’s purely designed to put people off

Price is doing what a lot of other people doing at the end of their throw but to the extreme, a leg later Anderson walks to the back of the stage with his darts in the board still and nobody bats an eyelid
That was at the end of the leg, totally different to hitting a ton in the middle of the leg, turning and taking a step towards your opponent and screaming in his face.
I reiterate, once the last dart has hit the board his throw has concluded and he should clear the oche for his opponent.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Anyway have taken stepe to ensure SSJSA is feeling better when he logs on, anyone notice what they were?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Anyway have taken stepe to ensure SSJSA is feeling better when he logs on, anyone notice what they were?
He's been logged in all morning anyway...
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Has his love affair with Gary ended now?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
DavidB wrote:

Well you are because you say what Mitchell supposedly did is clear cut but what Price did isn't?? If screaming to the crowd after scoring 95 to leave 170 isn't clear cut then I don't know what is.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:Oche should concentrate on paying Mr Shaw for his Lakeside ticket, he's had bank details for almost three weeks now...
Yep good point
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
robot
Superleague Player

Post by robot »

xtreme rebel wrote:Not a peep from Anderson when he led 7-4 and throwing for 8-4. Price’s celebrations are well known, deal with it. Anderson began to blow up and then began to get mouthy with Price. Twice he had a go off Price as he took his darts from the board and walked back - if Anderson wants to throw before Price has passed his line of sight, that’s not Price’s fault.

Anderson will rue this one. Mentally weak on this one, and it’s cost him a huge event.

Well done to Price. Played good darts all week. And played well all day today. This is a huge event to win, only a few players have won it.

Spot on.

Anderson missed a great opportunity to add this to his CV.

Think these sort of antics will accelerate his retirement as he cant be doing with these type of antics even though it is part and parcel nowadays.
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

DavidB wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:The amount of seething and crying this win for Gezzy 'The Dirty Cheating Bastard' has caused makes it even more satisfying,
Darts has always been full of needle and mindgames. Look at Jocky, Bristow, Taylor, Ted etc etc. If the opponents can't handle it, then that's their weakness.

You're too kind.

I notice the filter has been changed to add in an insult when Gerwyn's nickname is typed in. Someone in the mod team is not taking this well.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Test Posts :)

G ezzy = Gezzy ' the dirty garlic bread eating bastard'
G erwyn Price = Gerwyn 'Shittake' Price
The Iceman = The Iceman
Last edited by ChrisW on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

gando would have known what he was potential going to face, the fact that he rose to the bait that gerwen dangled is his fault, im not condoning what gerwen did, but hes is well known for it, (sky will love this) we watch price we know were getting drama & histrionics, (part of his game for a long time ) gando should have risen above it but didnt & unfortunately paid the price (literally)
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
DavidB wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:The amount of seething and crying this win for Gezzy 'The Dirty Cheating Bastard' 'The Dirty Cheating Bastard' has caused makes it even more satisfying,

You're too kind.

I notice the filter has been changed to add in an insult when Gerwyn's nickname is typed in. Someone in the mod team is not taking this well.

No no, can't think who would do that...
dartsyoungun
The Ton Club

Post by dartsyoungun »

Gutted that my favourite player fell for Prices bully boy tactics. Cannot blame price for trying to level the playing field , all the blame is with Ando for falling for the three card trick. Gutted after the wonderful performance in beating MVG but has to get his sulkiness in check for the worlds and just play the board. Open invitation for others to try to knock him off his stride with maybe not as blatant tactics as price but the odd problem looks like it is getting under Garys skin at the moment.