Glen Durrant

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ILAD
International

Re: Glen Durrant

Post by ILAD »

I’ll bite, the fungus lovers built up the 3 times potter cup champ no end, it was obvious that the pro PDC brigade were just waiting for the fall.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Rout wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:14 pm
waddle147 wrote:It's interesting how Thornton basically did the exact same thing as Durrant, namely going to absolute shit immediately after winning a major, yet there was nowhere near the scrutiny on what had went wrong on that occasion.
Because Thornton has been accepted as a PDC player. Durrant is still in BDO limbo.

The transition period of acceptance is unclear, but number of Lakeside titles won seems to add a big chunk of time to the acceptance period.
I think Durrant will always be considered as Bdo.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:25 pm
waddle147 wrote:It's interesting how Thornton basically did the exact same thing as Durrant, namely going to absolute shit immediately after winning a major, yet there was nowhere near the scrutiny on what had went wrong on that occasion.
Because Thornton has been accepted as a PDC player. Durrant is still in BDO limbo.

The transition period of acceptance is unclear, but number of Lakeside titles won seems to add a big chunk of time to the acceptance period.
He did state he was ‘BDO for life’ which hasn’t helped.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ChrisW wrote:

In the unlikely event he won Ally Pally or the Matchplay, I think he would suddenly be a PDC lad overnight.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

well considering Glen has publicly stated he was "bdo for life"

until he stuck up two fingers to the bdo and deserted the sinking ship and went to the pdc.
So either he still feels he is bdo for life or else he was lying.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:22 pm
ChrisW wrote:

In the unlikely event he won Ally Pally or the Matchplay, I think he would suddenly be a PDC lad overnight.
Well we will never know will we.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:27 pm well considering Glen has publicly stated he was "bdo for life"

until he stuck up two fingers to the bdo and deserted the sinking ship and went to the pdc.
Like I said. This is the evidence that Durrant will be always a BDO player.
Some people want to keep some imaginary fight alive otherwise they have nothing to write about.
Captain Hobo
Pub Champion

Post by Captain Hobo »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:54 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:27 pm well considering Glen has publicly stated he was "bdo for life"

Like I said. This is the evidence that Durrant will be always a BDO player.
Some people want to keep some imaginary fight alive otherwise they have nothing to write about.
Except for long recaps of the 4 days of Super Series action.