BDO AGM 02 Aug

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Re: BDO AGM 02 Aug

Post by spaceman70 »

How on earth did TT expect to get voted on without showing up?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Think he was at a wedding. But was this a serious nomination or just making a point re the 'edo' dart boards?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
robbo31176
Feather Flights

Post by robbo31176 »

Any word on venue for grandslam and lakeside qualifiers ?
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

trotter wrote:Why weren't BDOE there ?.....are they no longer involved ?.....does that mean the WDT won't be happening again ?........what's in store for future TV coverage ?.....is the Masters going to be televised ?......is the BBC likely to renew the Lakeside contract ?....if not are Bt Sport likely to want the whole event ?

Any of these questions asked and answered ?

this is key for bdo to get all that sorted they need to have 4 tv events a year and to have tv sorted for them all
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

devosteve wrote:Think he was at a wedding. But was this a serious nomination or just making a point re the 'edo' dart boards?
If he had a prior engagement he shouldn't have bothered putting his name forward.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:
devosteve wrote:Think he was at a wedding. But was this a serious nomination or just making a point re the 'edo' dart boards?
If he had a prior engagement he shouldn't have bothered putting his name forward.
There was nothing in the rules that said he couldn't stand , was 1st AGM he has missed in 30 years, he had a statement read out and to get only 5 votes from being elected he done well.
Super league, county, champions cup , Gold cup all to the fore of the meeting .
Unless some great news being kept quiet I feel any player left with a semblance of ambition will cross the oche to Pdc , and in all honesty you couldn't blame them.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

It must be the only business going that fails to deliver basically anything, continues to go backwards , generates so many moans and complaints over a year and yet everybody gets voted in to continue the status quo...maybe it says a lot about the possible replacements !
If there was positive news then it surely wouldn't be hidden and I can't believe nothing was mentioned about the renewal of the Lakeside contract and where BDOE stand regarding their future and the WDT..
Looks like they've given up the ghost as far as the real elite goes if that was never mentioned yet plenty of talk about county and the Gold Cup which really are BDO as normal events....nothing very positive for the ambitious elite player then
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
There was nothing in the rules that said he couldn't stand , was 1st AGM he has missed in 30 years, he had a statement read out and to get only 5 votes from being elected he done well.
Unless some great news being kept quiet I feel any player left with a semblance of ambition will cross the oche to Pdc , and in all honesty you couldn't blame them.
Having never stood or been elected for those 30 years, to think a statement would do it while he wasn't there is naive at best or arrogant in the extreme.

Especially after airing his views on anyone else that stood on FB.

And as an advocate of the EDO, your last sentence is almost surendering in it's context. Not something you would expect from those PDC running Devils. ;)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
Having never stood or been elected for those 30 years, to think a statement would do it while he wasn't there is naive at best or arrogant in the extreme.

And as an advocate of the EDO, your last sentence is almost surendering in it's context. Not something you would expect from those PDC running Devils. ;)
You are incorrect Dave , tommy has stood and been a BDO director before.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:

You are incorrect Dave , tommy has stood and been a BDO director before.
How did that work out? Did he turn up for that election? Or was this the long dead post about the obstical course tile evasion?

Seriously Paul, he might have got elected if he showed!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

trotter wrote:Why weren't BDOE there ?.....are they no longer involved ?.....does that mean the WDT won't be happening again ?........what's in store for future TV coverage ?.....is the Masters going to be televised ?......is the BBC likely to renew the Lakeside contract ?....if not are Bt Sport likely to want the whole event ?

These issues would normally be raised under AOB. However, from what I hear the AOB section was bypassed an no opportunity was given for such questions to be asked.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Im amazed that darts players are so soft that they just accept this sort of nonsense. The board are just laughing at them. Its truly pathetic.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Was the subject of Auntie Sue taking £20k out of the company raised, despite the BDO losing £58k?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I think the accounts was moved to AOB which was moved to next year's AGM.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

These issues would normally be raised under AOB. However, from what I hear the AOB section was bypassed an no opportunity was given for such questions to be asked.
Edited by admin - grow up and stop it
Mark_G
Pub Champion

Post by Mark_G »

"Grow up and stop it". Even I wasn't that patronising as a mod.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Mark_G wrote:"Grow up and stop it". Even I wasn't that patronising as a mod.
Oooh look at me. :?
Last edited by ChrisW on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrsheen
Pub Champion

Post by mrsheen »

Mark_G wrote:"Grow up and stop it". One of Terry Wogan's lesser known voiceover gigs.
Good spot, Mark.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

From TT:

The other side of the coin was being castigated at the BDO meeting. Seemingly asking valid questions, not bullying, no bad language (I embrace the social media and no one has ever seen me post any sort of bad language on it, because it has never happened), then gets you a tirade of lies and abuse, sadly as I wasn't there to defend these unfounded accusations, they have gone unchallenged, so what's new, people should not start of threads, that they are not willing to reply to, choosing to put pressure on people to have them removed, whatever happened to publish and be damned?, journalists from all over the world have chosen to go to jail rather than force the authorities to make then divulge their sources, how on earth can you arrive at the correct conclusions if you have only one side of the argument.
Anyway we move on, probably not forward but we move on, perhaps after 40 years I shouldn't have expected anything different.
Thanks to all who voted for me, for those who sit silently, do not involve themselves in the debates or issues, you have missed a great opportunity of mending the rifts, that already exist. That's democracy, pity certain parts of our organisation doesn't do democracy.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I'm sure the other engagement he had that day was important to him but he can't really sound that bitter about what happened in his absence when it was entirely his choice not to attend. It's a shame he couldn't be there but he had to expect a hugely reduced chance of success as a result of his absence? That's not anyone else's fault.