Killarney Pro Tours

All your experiences in one place
Ipad180
Steady Sixties

Killarney Pro Tours

Post by Ipad180 »

Hi everybody :DDDD:

As I said before my write ups will continue whether they are good or atrocious lol this weekend wasn't the best results wise but I really can't complain about my form. Of course there's plenty of room for improvement but that will come with time, practice and plenty more experience :darts Anyway...

I was really looking forward to this weekend as it's one of the most enjoyable one's of the year (this is the only one my family travel to) I was relaxed, prepared and ready to go. We set off on Friday morning around 10ish 2hrs 45mins later we arrived at the Gleneagle Hotel and conference centre. Checked in and we all relaxed abit before the Irish masters tonight :P

With over 280 entries I was hoping it was going to be a long night for me ;) Draw was up and I was 2nd game on board 15, excuse my ignorance for not remembering my opponents name :IIII: a 4-0 win for me! nothing special to report here as the guy was never really in the game. 2nd game I knew I was in for some kind of game! Dublin A county player Mark Howard awaited me in round 2. I started very well in this one holding through in 15 darts and then breaking in 14 for a 2-0 lead. Another hold this time in 18. I felt really good here :) Mark lost his fight in the game and I won the last by a wide margin. 4-0 and into the board final against ''Special Brew'' Defending Champion Mark Walsh.

This game and result was really down to the fantastic finishing from Mark. At 1-1 I miss D20 for a 15 and he goes out on 120 (Shanghai) next leg and his throw I leave 32 after 15 darts and Mark plods out 137... T19 D20 D20, Massive turning point! I hold my own in 14 darts and then pressure Mark with 180,140 on his own but it wasnt enough as he hit D20 first dart for a 13 dart leg and a 4-2 victory. :roll: I wished Mark good luck as I do everybody and off I go only 50 euro richer :Irish2

Saturday Pro Tour:

Up at 9am shower and off I go to check in and prepare for the day ahead! 11:15 and the draw is up. I'm fourth game up on board 1 against Michael Barnard.

My scoring was pretty decent in this game... alot of big scores! but unfortunately I couldn't back that up with my doubling :( atrocious it was! I had 3 clear darts at a double in 3 legs, at this level you can't afford to miss 1 let alone 3! I had some good legs in between the 6-4 defeat :x my 4 legs were 13-15-18-16 (coming from a rough enough memory) I chatted to Mark after (marker) and he couldn't believe the doubles I missed it really backed up Bobby Georges saying ''scorings for show doubles for dough''. Mark really is a top lad though :) Day 1 over... well my participation was over lol.
In the evening I had a really enjoyable time doing DJ for the hammers Exbo! Andy put on a show and was nice to everyone in the audience :DDDD: finished up at 12 and hit the sack.

Sunday Pro Tour
:

Up at 9 again, usual routine done and off I went down to the venue... Had a practice with my youth tour sponsor Mick Magowan. I think the year or two out is really helping him at the minute! he seems to be enjoying it again which can only mean one thing... people are in trouble in the next couple of months lol

Draw is done and up on the wall. Board 6 today and I'm fourth game up against Colin Lloyd (3rd year in a row I drew Jaws in the first round here). A really good game was had from both of us! We both held up until 3-3. Then Colin broke me for 4-3. I break back in 13 but can't hold again!... I had a shot at 128 but fluff it :( 5-4 down and my throw I start 41 :banghead: Colin 180... (a punch to the gut) :showbum: I go 140 140 and then leave 118, I miss tops for 5-5 and Jaws goes out! tbf Colin deserved the game as he punished the smallest of my mistakes, but that's why he's a champion :DDDD: Gutted I lost but gracious in defeat, I wished Colin the best and that's my weekend over :omg: My 4 legs were 14-13-17-16

The difference between winning and losing in this game is the smallest of margins! I'll be on the right side of that margin very soon :darts I want to be the best at whatever I do, and I'm dedicating my life to something I love and sometimes sacrificing my education to be where I want to be. I'm loving every minute of it and take positives from every game I play. I'm improving every game and it's only a matter of time before my results become more and more consistent.

I'll stop babbling now and let ye enjoy my novel :P

Hope ye enjoy
Paddy.
Proud sponsored player of TSoD.

Follow me on twitter - @iPad180

GtotheF
International

Re: Killarney Pro Tours

Post by GtotheF »

Great stuff sir.

I admire your passion and enthusiasm and it will be interesting folllowing your progress.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

dudley1975
Superleague Player

Post by dudley1975 »

Keep at it Paddy and thanks for the write up.
Social Media:

Twitter - @DudleyHD

Facebook - Darrell Freeland
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Cheers paddy
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

Unlucky for the weekend Paddy, you certainly have the game and belief to make it at this level, good honest write up as always :DDDD:
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
Dan1987
Pub Champion

Post by Dan1987 »

Always enjoy reading your write ups Paddy, nice one :CCCCC:
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Great stuff Paddy
Ipad180
Steady Sixties

Post by Ipad180 »

Cheers lads :) glad everybody enjoys the write ups. I certainly enjoy doing them ;) I'll be sure to keep them coming.
The Owl
Steady Sixties

Post by The Owl »

Good to catch up Paddy mate, see you in Crawley...and keep that brother of yours in Ireland he's far to good...lol
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Proud Sonsored Player of TSOD
Follow me on Twitter @richieHowson180 and richiehowson.co.uk
Ipad180
Steady Sixties

Post by Ipad180 »

The Owl wrote:Good to catch up Paddy mate, see you in Crawley...and keep that brother of yours in Ireland he's far to good...lol
That it was mate :) see you then! lol he's not half bad alright ;)