Used a product?
Won some darts?
Got some info on any darts equipment?

This is the place to put your reviews
cannibal
Superleague Player

Review Unicorn Phase 6 darts

Post by cannibal »

Won these darts in the Unicorn European Champs prediction contest a few months back and finally getting around to writing a review.

The selection of a dart is a very personal thing just as the selection of underwear is (aka pants for you lot :D ) some like briefs, others boxers, and still others ladies knickers. Regardless of ones choice it doesn't change the tool you happen to be carrying around. So it is with choosing a dart, i.e. your underwear, isn't going to improve your tool, i.e. stroke. Best thing to do in either choice, is find what is most comfortable for your given tool. For me the aesthetic appeal of a dart is of no importance. But unlike my pants, these darts look good with the black coating.

The Phase 6 has a very short barrel as well as a very limited area to grip the dart. This suites me fine as I use a 2 finger grip and the resulting lack space on the dart means I am always gripping the dart pretty much in the same spot every throw. The dart itself is deceptively grippy, I have a very light grip and it actually took me a few days to get use to the knurling on these darts. After a few months of throwing almost daily the coating seems to have held up ok a few tiny nicks are noticeable. But that may have more to do with my inability to group darts together on a regular basis. :DDD: Overall very satisfied with the quality of the dart and this set has become the only darts I use now.

I do have 2 complaints, Unicorn should at least give you a set of standard flights and medium shafts. The other complaint is the points, when new they don't stick/stay well in the sisal. First thing one should do with any new Unicorn dart is scuff up the points well to get the finish off, otherwise you will find yourself picking plenty of darts off the floor.

Thanks Unicorn for supporting the forum comps, PDC events, darters, and continue making fine products. Thanks ginge for running the comps.
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.