BDO World Darts Trophy, 28-30 May - now at Lakeside (CONFIRMED)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International

Re: BDO World Darts Trophy, 27-30 May

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Seems that Jeff Smith has been told to book flights as it's "100% on". Nobody else has been told as such it seems.

If I were Jeff I wouldn't be booking anything until a press release is issued.
More scaremongering ?? :roll:
You have said you won't buy a ticket until you know it's on 100% and yet want Jeff to buy a plane ticket .. !
;)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Seems that Jeff Smith has been told to book flights as it's "100% on". Nobody else has been told as such it seems.

You have said you won't buy a ticket until you know it's on 100% and yet want Jeff to buy a plane ticket .. !
;)
Speculate to accumulate. Jeff picked up cash in all the comps he was in. If he wants that to continue. Get it booked early. Otherwise he'll be paying twice as much.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

;)
Are you some kind of divy or something....yes that's what I said, well as good as....now Jeff has been personally told it's 100% going ahead.........where's the problem?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO World Darts Trophy, 27-30 May

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

;)
Are you some kind of divy or something....yes that's what I said, well as good as....now Jeff has been personally told it's 100% going ahead.........where's the problem?
Players were told Durham was "100% on". Paul (on behalf of Deta) typed that on this very forum.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

;)
Players were told Durham was "100% on". Paul (on behalf of Deta) typed that on this very forum.
But Paul's not a representative of the BDO is he?

Keep up the good work at this rate you'll soon be able to carve another notch into your bedpost.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Where did I say that it was a BDO representative that said it was 100% on?

Please quote where that was stated.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Where did I say that it was a BDO representative that said it was 100% on?

Please quote where that was stated.
I don't need to quote it because I know who instructed him. :showbum:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Fair enough. If it is on telly then I cant see it being on Eurosport given the recent fallouts, may be too short notice for BT Sport to take on.

Maybe another broadcaster may dip its toe in the water, less of a commitment than a 9 day Lakeside. Dave keeps getting mentioned, they are much more likely to show an event like this than Lakeside I would have thought.

BDO taking the full financial hit?
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
;)
But Paul's not a representative of the BDO is he?

Keep up the good work at this rate you'll soon be able to carve another notch into your bedpost.
But the people who told Paul that possibly were.

Can you see where the problem might be?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And that same person may possibly still be involved. Judging by his Twitter output he still has a hard-on for Manchester despite living in Beaconsfield, so he evidently thinks he is still going to the city in May....
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

I was told that player championship was 100% going ahead by Sue about a month before it was booked in for. Didn't happen
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Is there another EDO tournament on near to the date that the EDO could convince Ross to change his flights too once the WDT get cancelled :)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Jolly Man wrote:I was told that player championship was 100% going ahead by Sue about a month before it was booked in for. Didn't happen
Ah yes, I forgot about that. Then again she was probably telling all people via email that. Was she saying the same to the players?
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

They will just refund flights again if necessary.
Last edited by Booji Boy on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The big question remains: is Warren still involved or not?
Big Jock Knew
jjne
On The Naughty Step

Post by jjne »

This one is make or break for the BDO really. If they can demonstrate that they have the ducks in a row for this event, then it's probably safe to say that they've turned the corner. I hope this is the case.

If it turns out to be another load of hot air, and another cancelled tournament, then I think the BDO are shot. Comprehensively.

One thing is for sure, there aren't many other broadcasters who would be prepared to put up with the quality of coverage being put out by Eurosport, so any costs are going to ramp up.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Will probably end up just being streamed. Think they should concentrate on that in the short term.
TV coverage seems a bit of a pipe dream at the moment.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

One thing I noticed from the weekend - the graphics on the IoM stream (match stats etc) were identical to the graphics Eurosport have been churning out the last few events.

So does this mean 247.tv (or whatever they are called) were the host OB company for the last couple of Masters and WDT's as well? Have to agree with jjne, nobody else other than Eurosport will accept this as a bare minimum. There will need to be a host, extra cameras, post-match features etc....

Adrian Battersby does a great job but any serious TV company will want a much bigger operation than what he can provide.
ChrisW wrote:Will probably end up just being streamed. Think they should concentrate on that in the short term.

Getting a new Lakeside TV deal is the priority, surely?
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote: Getting a new Lakeside TV deal is the priority, surely?
This, if there is no deal for Lakeside 2017 there wont be a Lakeside 2018, it needs to be on TV, Even if it ends up just being the last weekend and the rest is streamed.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:One thing I noticed from the weekend - the graphics on the IoM stream (match stats etc) were identical to the graphics Eurosport have been churning out the last few events.

So does this mean 247.tv (or whatever they are called) were the host OB company for the last couple of Masters and WDT's as well? Have to agree with jjne, nobody else other than Eurosport will accept this as a bare minimum. There will need to be a host, extra cameras, post-match features etc....

Adrian Battersby does a great job but any serious TV company will want a much bigger operation than what he can provide.
ChrisW wrote:Will probably end up just being streamed. Think they should concentrate on that in the short term.

Getting a new Lakeside TV deal is the priority, surely?
Short-term!. Lakeside needs to be in the Short, Medium and Long-term planning.