Darts in Turkey

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Darts in Turkey

Post by dartsfacts »

Foreign Office announcement

The threat from terrorism remains high. Terrorist groups, including Kurdish groups, Daesh (formerly referred to as ISIL) and far left organisations, continue to plan and carry out attacks. Further attacks are likely. Terrorist groups, including Daesh and the Kurdistan Freedom Falcons (TAK), have publicly threatened to attack tourist sites in Turkey. You should take extra care in public places – particularly those visited by foreigners. Be vigilant, follow the advice of local security authorities, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice.
nikkiboy
International

Re: Darts in Turkey

Post by nikkiboy »

Is this an EDO statement?

:)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Should be
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

To be fair it's quite a serious warning, however thousands of UK citizens go to Turkey each week so I doubt if this warning is any different from that of a month or even a year ago.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Bomb in the airport

Istanbul Ataturk airport attack: At least 28 dead and dozens injured - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36658187
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:Is this an EDO statement?

In light of tonight's tragic events not funny.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

WCDPA wrote:

I'd hazard a guess at, the time that was posted Nick hadn't heard of the bomb attack in Turkey and was obviously replying to what was a semi-trolling post ;-)

And if I recall you seemed to be the one posting "funny stuff" even though you already knew what had happened a while back regarding funerals.

But back to the point in hand, i posted in the Darts Weekly thread a few weeks back seeing if they could get some news on the situation in Turkey regarding the Darts, as they had seemed to be upping the warnings from different foreign offices(ours was more interested in the Brexit)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

I'd hazard a guess at, the time that was posted Nick hadn't heard of the bomb attack in Turkey and was obviously replying to what was a semi-trolling post ;-)

And if I recall you seemed to be the one posting "funny stuff" even though you already knew what had happened a while back regarding funerals.

But back to the point in hand, i posted in the Darts Weekly thread a few weeks back seeing if they could get some news on the situation in Turkey regarding the Darts, as they had seemed to be upping the warnings from different foreign offices(ours was more interested in the Brexit)
Certainly wasn't funny stuff about funerals .
Not criticising Nick just saying in light of last nights events not funny .
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

I was thinking about going to this. Looks like a lovely place all the darts in the evening. NOT I'm a million years would I go now. For the life of me I can't think of 1 reason why anybody would want to go on holiday to a Muslim country.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

masticman wrote:I was thinking about going to this. Looks like a lovely place all the darts in the evening. NOT I'm a million years would I go now. For the life of me I can't think of 1 reason why anybody would want to go on holiday to a Muslim country.
have no fear. The Selectas will sort the terrorists out with the assistance of the demented Welsh pensioner.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Euro crashing against the pound as well, arent they advertising this event as a package priced in Euros?

Oops.
Big Jock Knew
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Ginge wrote:Euro crashing against the pound as well, arent they advertising this event as a package priced in Euros?

Oops.
Des Paula Selecta
415 euros per person todays rate £312 sterling rate dors vary slightly.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

£362.72 today on travelex
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

masticman wrote:I was thinking about going to this. Looks like a lovely place all the darts in the evening. NOT I'm a million years would I go now. For the life of me I can't think of 1 reason why anybody would want to go on holiday to a Muslim country.
Because I'd guess that not everyone is a racist.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Aye, not every Muslim country is a haven of terrorism, FFS!
Big Jock Knew
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

masticman wrote:I was thinking about going to this. Looks like a lovely place all the darts in the evening. NOT I'm a million years would I go now. For the life of me I can't think of 1 reason why anybody would want to go on holiday to a Bo Selecta Competition
Aye
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

mshaw2 wrote:
You tell him, there's absolutely no danger to westerners at all so we can all go holiday in exotic places like Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Egypt etc.

You should be ashamed of yourself Steve, fancy putting the safety of you and your family ahead of political correctness.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
mshaw2 wrote:
You tell him, there's absolutely no danger to westerners at all so we can all go holiday in exotic places like Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Egypt etc.

You should be ashamed of yourself Steve, fancy putting the safety of you and your family ahead of political correctness.
Steve is clearly saying every Islamic country is like that. I dont remember all the bombs and killings in the Maldives.....
Big Jock Knew
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

nikkiboy wrote:
mshaw2 wrote:

I'd bet he go on a free holiday to the Maldives though.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Terrier and June.
Big Jock Knew