Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Skewball
International
Posts: 6359
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby Skewball » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:22 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Skewball wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Skewball wrote:The massive huge irony of oche's statement about who could win the PDC title is so so hilarious.



Remember I’m as thick as fek so tell me


no, its obvious.

It is. Got you seething.


me? seething? you actually couldn't actually be more wrong :grin:

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby phil davies » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:03 pm

oche balboa wrote:Players who I think could win the bdo worlds

Durrant
Mitchell
Waites
McGeeney
Unterbuchner


Players who I think can win the PDC

MVG
Anderson
Cross


Says it all


Thank you.

I disagree with McGeeney the other 4 I agree are the only likely winners maybe I would add Hogan as someone who could stop Durrant but think he’d blow any chance to win the tournement.

To your PDC one. I would also add

Mensur
Wright
Lewis
Possibly as an outsider Cadby if he is even able to attend it
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22488
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby ChrisW » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:51 pm

phil davies wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Players who I think could win the bdo worlds

Durrant
Mitchell
Waites
McGeeney
Unterbuchner


Players who I think can win the PDC

MVG
Anderson
Cross


Says it all


Thank you.

I disagree with McGeeney the other 4 I agree are the only likely winners maybe I would add Hogan as someone who could stop Durrant but think he’d blow any chance to win the tournement.

To your PDC one. I would also add

Mensur
Wright
Lewis
Possibly as an outsider Cadby if he is even able to attend it


Duzza has lost early doors this year to Aaron Turner (twice), Justin van Tergouw (Final), Wesley Harms (twice), Andreas Harrysson, Scott Baker, McGeeney (twice)

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby phil davies » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:15 pm

ChrisW wrote:
phil davies wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Players who I think could win the bdo worlds

Durrant
Mitchell
Waites
McGeeney
Unterbuchner


Players who I think can win the PDC

MVG
Anderson
Cross


Says it all


Thank you.

I disagree with McGeeney the other 4 I agree are the only likely winners maybe I would add Hogan as someone who could stop Durrant but think he’d blow any chance to win the tournement.

To your PDC one. I would also add

Mensur
Wright
Lewis
Possibly as an outsider Cadby if he is even able to attend it


Duzza has lost early doors this year to Aaron Turner (twice), Justin van Tergouw (Final), Wesley Harms (twice), Andreas Harrysson, Scott Baker, McGeeney (twice)


None of which were big stage games though so it’s a pointless thing to say.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22488
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby ChrisW » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:24 pm

phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
phil davies wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Players who I think could win the bdo worlds

Durrant
Mitchell
Waites
McGeeney
Unterbuchner


Players who I think can win the PDC

MVG
Anderson
Cross


Says it all


Thank you.

I disagree with McGeeney the other 4 I agree are the only likely winners maybe I would add Hogan as someone who could stop Durrant but think he’d blow any chance to win the tournement.

To your PDC one. I would also add

Mensur
Wright
Lewis
Possibly as an outsider Cadby if he is even able to attend it


Duzza has lost early doors this year to Aaron Turner (twice), Justin van Tergouw (Final), Wesley Harms (twice), Andreas Harrysson, Scott Baker, McGeeney (twice)


None of which were big stage games though so it’s a pointless thing to say.

Not pointless. But I get your point. There is lot of players capable of beating duzza if he is off his game.

User avatar
Si Robin
Steady Sixties
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:59 am
Location: Tewkesbury

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby Si Robin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:39 pm

In the last two years Duzza has had a bad game in him and managed to scrape through - Paul Hogan in 2017 and then Jim Williams this past year. Before their games Duzza would have practically been odds on to win the matches.

Get him on an off day in the first couple of rounds and it's not inconceivable for him to be beaten by most of the players in the field.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby phil davies » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 pm

ChrisW wrote:
phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
phil davies wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Players who I think could win the bdo worlds

Durrant
Mitchell
Waites
McGeeney
Unterbuchner


Players who I think can win the PDC

MVG
Anderson
Cross


Says it all


Thank you.

I disagree with McGeeney the other 4 I agree are the only likely winners maybe I would add Hogan as someone who could stop Durrant but think he’d blow any chance to win the tournement.

To your PDC one. I would also add

Mensur
Wright
Lewis
Possibly as an outsider Cadby if he is even able to attend it


Duzza has lost early doors this year to Aaron Turner (twice), Justin van Tergouw (Final), Wesley Harms (twice), Andreas Harrysson, Scott Baker, McGeeney (twice)


None of which were big stage games though so it’s a pointless thing to say.

Not pointless. But I get your point. There is lot of players capable of beating duzza if he is off his game.


Yeah but virtually everyone in the BDO constantly plays tripe at Lakeside. So even if Glen average let’s say 92 I don’t see many giving him to much trouble as they themselves will likely underperform.

Waites on form would be his biggest threat as IMO he is a better player than Durrant. Hogan is capable of smashing anyone in a one of game but has already blown one chance of victory over Durrant. Also alot of the players you mentioned are not even qualified for Lakeside. Unterbuchner certainly seems a good consistent player who would beat an off form Durrant
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22488
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby ChrisW » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:08 pm

phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
phil davies wrote:
Thank you.

I disagree with McGeeney the other 4 I agree are the only likely winners maybe I would add Hogan as someone who could stop Durrant but think he’d blow any chance to win the tournement.

To your PDC one. I would also add

Mensur
Wright
Lewis
Possibly as an outsider Cadby if he is even able to attend it


Duzza has lost early doors this year to Aaron Turner (twice), Justin van Tergouw (Final), Wesley Harms (twice), Andreas Harrysson, Scott Baker, McGeeney (twice)


None of which were big stage games though so it’s a pointless thing to say.

Not pointless. But I get your point. There is lot of players capable of beating duzza if he is off his game.


Yeah but virtually everyone in the BDO constantly plays tripe at Lakeside. So even if Glen average let’s say 92 I don’t see many giving him to much trouble as they themselves will likely underperform.

Waites on form would be his biggest threat as IMO he is a better player than Durrant. Hogan is capable of smashing anyone in a one of game but has already blown one chance of victory over Durrant. Also alot of the players you mentioned are not even qualified for Lakeside. Unterbuchner certainly seems a good consistent player who would beat an off form Durrant

Would be good to see the draw to see what he will face.
In all my years of watching the Lakeside there has never been a banker winner.
And I certainly don't think he is for this year either.
Especially if it isn't on TV.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby phil davies » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:16 pm

ChrisW wrote:
phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
phil davies wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Duzza has lost early doors this year to Aaron Turner (twice), Justin van Tergouw (Final), Wesley Harms (twice), Andreas Harrysson, Scott Baker, McGeeney (twice)


None of which were big stage games though so it’s a pointless thing to say.

Not pointless. But I get your point. There is lot of players capable of beating duzza if he is off his game.


Yeah but virtually everyone in the BDO constantly plays tripe at Lakeside. So even if Glen average let’s say 92 I don’t see many giving him to much trouble as they themselves will likely underperform.

Waites on form would be his biggest threat as IMO he is a better player than Durrant. Hogan is capable of smashing anyone in a one of game but has already blown one chance of victory over Durrant. Also alot of the players you mentioned are not even qualified for Lakeside. Unterbuchner certainly seems a good consistent player who would beat an off form Durrant

Would be good to see the draw to see what he will face.
In all my years of watching the Lakeside there has never been a banker winner.
And I certainly don't think he is for this year either.
Especially if it isn't on TV.


I agree with your last point also if the prize fund d is slashed then that may see players not shitting themselves so much. I disagree with their never being a banker though Bunting was miles ahead of the rest when he won his one. I guess you could argue he may have buckled under the pressure but I certainly wouldn’t have been backing against him that year.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 9685
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby oche balboa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:28 am

My guess at the prize fund will be


Winner £60k
Runner up £20k
Semis £7k
QF £3k
Last 16 £2k
Last 32 £1k
Last 40 £750

Ladies

Winner £8k
RUP £4K
Semi £1.5k
QF £1k
Last 16 £500
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7279
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 am

7 large for losing the semi final.
Woeful if true.
How much did they win this year?
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 57897
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby Ginge » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:50 am

BlueSpark wrote:7 large for losing the semi final.
Woeful if true.
How much did they win this year?


£15k

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/EventRes ... tKey=21470
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7279
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:54 am

Has to be announced before the end of the month surely.
Who cares whether it is on TV, at least get some tickets sold.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 57897
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby Ginge » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 am

Turkish Open next week so that will be a week where nothing gets sorted....
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7279
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:56 am

The best tournament on the planet, according to the chairman and his wife.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 57897
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby Ginge » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 am

BlueSpark wrote:The best tournament on the planet, according to the chairman and his wife.


Lets just hope they pack the pegs for their noses.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

neil rose
Steady Sixties
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby neil rose » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:03 am

oche balboa wrote:My guess at the prize fund will be


Winner £60k
Runner up £20k
Semis £7k
QF £3k
Last 16 £2k
Last 32 £1k
Last 40 £750

Ladies

Winner £8k
RUP £4K
Semi £1.5k
QF £1k
Last 16 £500


I believe it will be the same prize fund as last year as stated in the players contracts , surely if they slash it then they are breaking the contract and opening themselves up to be sued

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 57897
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Durrant No.1 BDO Rankings

Postby Ginge » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 am

neil rose wrote:
I believe it will be the same prize fund as last year as stated in the players contracts , surely if they slash it then they are breaking the contract and opening themselves up to be sued


Only by the players who played the event back in January 2018, yes. They could pay Hamilton and Parletti £1.50 and that would be no issue from a legal standpoint. No doubt they have some getout clause on those contracts anyway - perhaps the board changing declares them null and void.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still


Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlueSpark, markymark, O C, PrinceOfWalesFan, ssjsa, TheSandman, thistle and 75 guests