Darts in the media

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Darts in the media

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:47 pm Ie will post the records of ladies in the pdc worlds later.
what ?

who is le ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Eh?
County Player

Post by 1205 »

devosteve wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:13 pm The point she seems to be saying is hatred from the ladies. Implying the non PDC comps? Why would the other ladies hate her who are not good enough to get onto the PDC events?
Well, it's hardly surprising there was so much support for Greaves. It was huge moment in a huge game, and Greaves is this young talent that loads of those women have been watching and playing against for 6 or 7 years. They've seen her work her way through dartitis and whatever they think of Sherrock they'd probably just wanted her to get the 2nd spot. It was also the final, so there weren't any other games being played at the time, so they probably felt less restrained. If it had been Ashton v Greaves vying for 2nd I think there'd have been a very similar, if not the same reaction.

One possible reason for dislike could be that she's skipped the last 2 Women's World Championships (shying away from a potential high-profile failure) and she's only played one WDF weekend (Welsh Open) since things reopened, so she's not being as supportive of women's darts as she could be.

She did an Online Darts interview between the last two Womens Series weekends:

She talked in that interview about focusing on the PDC, but the Women's Series is only 5 weekends, it's behind closed doors, only streamed on PDC.tv and plenty of the other players play those weekends plus WDF events, including de Graaf and Winstanley, who had beaten her at WS9-12.

It's also indicative of another problem. When asked about not being at WS13-16 (around 3:30) and she talked about it she said of Greaves' wins:
"... the averages everyone else was hitting there was really no-one that was really going to come up against her that weekend..."
So, she minimized Greaves' achievement (ignoring the fact that Greaves was ultimately able to respond there when tested), implying the 4 wins were only because she wasn't there, handily ignoring that she had tested Greaves the last time they played (Welsh Open final) and Greaves won 5-4 from 0-3 down, winning 4 of the last 5 legs 12 (break),15,12,15 (break).

It all smacks of hubris and it's not a likeable quality.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Please could you stop talking about darts on the Little Lonely Garry discussion forum? He already thinks his blog thread has more posts than this one (struggles with numbers).
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Sherrock should just be appreciative of how lucky she has been. She has thrown some decent darts at times on TV, but there are several players languishing in lower reaches of the Pro tour, plenty on the Challenge tour and more than a few on the development tour who are better at darts than her but won't ever get the kind of opportunities she has been given. There are even two better players in the women's series who will probably never get all those world series gigs.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Thehateful180 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:54 pm Sherrock should just be appreciative of how lucky she has been. She has thrown some decent darts at times on TV, but there are several players languishing in lower reaches of the Pro tour, plenty on the Challenge tour and more than a few on the development tour who are better at darts than her but won't ever get the kind of opportunities she has been given. There are even two better players in the women's series who will probably never get all those world series gigs.
100% Correct.

I saw one delusion inbred spastic on twitter so incapable of any independent thought and so conditioned by the sky and pdc bullshit, he actually claimed the human pick axe was top 32 in the PDC.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ted Maul
Feather Flights

Post by Ted Maul »

She's not taken two successive beatings like that since......
Little Lonely Garry
International

Ted Maul wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:18 pm She's not taken two successive beatings like that since......
:grin:
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Thehateful180 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:54 pm Sherrock should just be appreciative of how lucky she has been. She has thrown some decent darts at times on TV, but there are several players languishing in lower reaches of the Pro tour, plenty on the Challenge tour and more than a few on the development tour who are better at darts than her but won't ever get the kind of opportunities she has been given. There are even two better players in the women's series who will probably never get all those world series gigs.
If Greaves reached the 3rd round with wins at a good standard (like Sherrock's) she would definitely get the WSoD gigs. She's not just a woman, she's only eighteen, and comes across well in interviews.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Will Greaves beat a guy on TV?
She has the game.
But first time in the Pdc worlds?
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ted Maul wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:18 pm She's not taken two successive beatings like that since......
😂
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Updated.

Fallon Sherrock P7 W3 L4
Anastasia Dobromyslova P6 W1 L5
Stacy Bromberg P3 L3
Tricia Wright P3 L3
Mikuru Suzuki P6 L6
Lisa Ashton P12 L12
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

1205 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:36 pm
If Greaves reached the 3rd round with wins at a good standard (like Sherrock's) she would definitely get the WSoD gigs. She's not just a woman, she's only eighteen, and comes across well in interviews.
Maybe one spot not several
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:46 pm Will Greaves beat a guy on TV?
She has the game.
I wonder why she hasn't done the Super Series yet
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

I do enjoy the neckbeards and basement dwellers claiming that Ashton and Greaves are better players with one breath, and just going on the offensive when asked what they have done, beyond beat some other women on a lesser tour. Very amusing.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ladies performances in the PDC World Championship.

Fallon Sherrock P4 W2 L2
Gayl King P1 L1
Mikuru Suzuki P1 L1
Anastasia Dobromyslova P2 L2
Lisa Ashton P3 L3
County Player

Post by 1205 »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:20 am
ChrisW wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:46 pm Will Greaves beat a guy on TV?
She has the game.
I wonder why she hasn't done the Super Series yet
I think that stuff like that isn't something she'll do this year. Taking it easy after the dartitis. Maybe next year.

I think she only played the Women's Series because the PDC went to the 12 month calendar for the Women's Matchplay. It just happened to go so well that she's ended up at the World Championship.
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Black Velvet wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:53 am I do enjoy the neckbeards and basement dwellers claiming that Ashton and Greaves are better players with one breath, and just going on the offensive when asked what they have done, beyond beat some other women on a lesser tour. Very amusing.

What Sherrock HAS done is largely irrelevant to the current conversation because she clearly isn't playing anything like as well on tv as she did at certain times last year. She has a couple of wins over men this year, both in really poor standard matches rather than battering the door down with big scoring.

How many times has she averaged 90 or above in televised PDC competitions in 2022? Unless there is one I have missed, it is zero and that includes the Women’s Matchplay. Now Ashton hasn't had a great year on that front either and Greaves is mostly untested on tv against men so it may have been a touch presumptuous to call either better . But it is a folly to talk about Sherrock as if it is 2021. Clearly, losing very regularly has taken it's toll.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Well Paul James put a post on Facebook re Fallon statement re some hating her.

Someone mentioned she hasn't now qualified for the world championship.

Chris mason said "she's not in the worlds?". Does he know something or just winding poster up?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

devosteve wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:58 pm Well Paul James put a post on Facebook re Fallon statement re some hating her.

Someone mentioned she hasn't now qualified for the world championship.

Chris mason said "she's not in the worlds?". Does he know something or just winding poster up?
Sarcasm.

There's still the 96th pick, but I can't see how Sherrock can be picked after the damp squib at the Grand Slam.

Wesley Plaisier would be my pick for that spot. He played well on the European Tour, but would have to make the Quarter Finals to steal a tour card so he'd be a safe wildcard.