Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7721
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by BlueSpark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Refreshing memories of the scandalous events in Turkey.
Bet they couldn't believe they got rumbled.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29074
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Maverick wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
mshaw2 wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
mshaw2 wrote:
You're confusing me for someone who spends a lot of time on here.

No I'm explaining the previous posts.


Oh. Right. Thanks for clearing it up.

He's a poor Irish farmer



With a thing for goats I seem to remember!!

I think it's something to do with the horns ;)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58671
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by Ginge » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Bump.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58671
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: RE: Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by Ginge » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:14 pm

devosteve wrote:Hypnotically an event is run which comprises of 4 events , some 150 players from around 10 different countries, the draw is made on Darts For Windows, which means that on the random draw scenario it is not impossible for players from the same countries to be kept apart, the mathematical possibility means it would be somewhere in the region of 175 billion to 1 against this happening, which in turn relates to actually starting from a database of players being in the system, and then it taking 10seconds once you press the random draw button for it to generate the draw, I mention this because it would only be statistically possible once if you pressed this button every 10 seconds for 55 years for it to throw up the aforementioned draw. I don’t think prosecutions on DNA would depend on such a high standard of dependency.

It was stated that people are sh*t stirring, they should get a life etc: Nothing could be further from the truth, the question was asked and never answered was the draw manipulated, we heard everyone had a great time, well fantastic!!!, it is a lovely place nice people, and if you cannot have a good time there well you won’t have a good time anywhere, that was not the question. These people asking a relevant question were threatened that unless they desisted they would appear before a disciplinary, by whom?, for what reason?, they asked a relevant question, after all should this be the case then International Ranking points are at stake, and been manipulated, if this is not the case and the random button pressed threw up this draw, well the once in 55 years must have happened.
I would be defended by the silence if the same scenario happened in another organisations event, in fact a post in June concerning a Cat A+, where it was pointed out that a certain player had had three bad draws in the last three years at the event, (their words welcome to f*****g S----y) but that is constructive criticism !!! (the other 800+ players never mentioned it either at the venue or felt it was an issue for a rant on facebook)

We are on the verge of stifling all legitimate debate, the events run in the International Invitation Table are subject to rules, which have been subject to scrupulous and rigourous debate over the last several months, yes some of the events do fall short of perfection (including BDO events), we are not the PDC who have an army of professional full time paid officials, a lot of the events are run by emerging country organisations, with many of their officials stepping up to the plate for the first time, many are run on a shoe string and haven’t in place “plan B” for any problems, however the same people issuing threats, feel they are immune from any standard of conduct. These same people have influence to have anything they don’t agree with removed from the debating forum

Having been involved for this my 43rd year in the BDO, it is being turned from a family darts orientated organisation into a dictatorship, at least there are still some members who are prepared to step up to the mark to defend the rights of its members, irrespective of intimidation to protect the future of our side of darts.

So a post with:

NO swear words, no untruths, no intimidation, and probably no chance of it remaining on the post."



good post from TT on bdof. Well balanced and thought out.
Bump. He wouldn't type anything like this about Dessy Wessy now.

User avatar
Sally
The Ton Club
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by Sally » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 pm

Darts For All...
90B6968D-27EF-45FD-A85D-2A18B9C65CF6.jpeg
90B6968D-27EF-45FD-A85D-2A18B9C65CF6.jpeg (282.55 KiB) Viewed 361 times
:Eng

Sally x

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:18 pm

Sally wrote:Darts For All...
90B6968D-27EF-45FD-A85D-2A18B9C65CF6.jpeg
Hmmmm Wonder if they or any of the players they sponsor has ever turned up at an event and played without booking a caravan or chalet etc through the tournament organizer??

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7721
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by BlueSpark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:45 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29074
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by nikkiboy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:59 pm

Can someone point to where on the brochure it says that the Turkey 'Open' is only open to people booking through the BDO?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... rmNMH3XEYB
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6888
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by DavidOwen67 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:39 am

nikkiboy wrote:Can someone point to where on the brochure it says that the Turkey 'Open' is only open to people booking through the BDO?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... rmNMH3XEYB
Erm.......the top of page 2.

"This package is only available if booked through the BDO or Ali Bagci details on the reverse of this leaflet. Failure to book through these no plaer will be allowed to play"

Not exactly literate, but it's there.

In big letters.

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:43 am

nikkiboy wrote:Can someone point to where on the brochure it says that the Turkey 'Open' is only open to people booking through the BDO?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... rmNMH3XEYB
i would love to but somehow...I can't see where it states that haha

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29074
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:47 am

DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Can someone point to where on the brochure it says that the Turkey 'Open' is only open to people booking through the BDO?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... rmNMH3XEYB
Erm.......the top of page 2.

"This package is only available if booked through the BDO or Ali Bagci details on the reverse of this leaflet. Failure to book through these no plaer will be allowed to play"

Not exactly literate, but it's there.

In big letters.
I see it now although it's not that clear, so it's not an open then?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6888
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by DavidOwen67 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:51 am

nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Can someone point to where on the brochure it says that the Turkey 'Open' is only open to people booking through the BDO?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... rmNMH3XEYB
Erm.......the top of page 2.

"This package is only available if booked through the BDO or Ali Bagci details on the reverse of this leaflet. Failure to book through these no plaer will be allowed to play"

Not exactly literate, but it's there.

In big letters.
I see it now although it's not that clear, so it's not an open then?
Yes, it's open to everyone who books through the required channels. No issue with this. You can't just turn up at the Welsh Open and say "but I gave a lad in my local Wilko's 20 quid. Does that not get me in?"

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29074
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:04 am

DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Can someone point to where on the brochure it says that the Turkey 'Open' is only open to people booking through the BDO?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... rmNMH3XEYB
Erm.......the top of page 2.

"This package is only available if booked through the BDO or Ali Bagci details on the reverse of this leaflet. Failure to book through these no plaer will be allowed to play"

Not exactly literate, but it's there.

In big letters.
I see it now although it's not that clear, so it's not an open then?
Yes, it's open to everyone who books through the required channels. No issue with this. You can't just turn up at the Welsh Open and say "but I gave a lad in my local Wilko's 20 quid. Does that not get me in?"
You can make your own way to the Welsh open and enter on the day though?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6888
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by DavidOwen67 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:19 am

nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Can someone point to where on the brochure it says that the Turkey 'Open' is only open to people booking through the BDO?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... rmNMH3XEYB
Erm.......the top of page 2.

"This package is only available if booked through the BDO or Ali Bagci details on the reverse of this leaflet. Failure to book through these no plaer will be allowed to play"

Not exactly literate, but it's there.

In big letters.
I see it now although it's not that clear, so it's not an open then?
Yes, it's open to everyone who books through the required channels. No issue with this. You can't just turn up at the Welsh Open and say "but I gave a lad in my local Wilko's 20 quid. Does that not get me in?"
You can make your own way to the Welsh open and enter on the day though?
You have to be resident on site to play in the main event. The WDO won't just let you pitch up and play in that.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6888
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by DavidOwen67 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:20 am

Anyway, the point is that the head of the BDO is on a jolly as the World Pro collapses like a flan in a cupboard.

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1796
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:10 am

DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Erm.......the top of page 2.

"This package is only available if booked through the BDO or Ali Bagci details on the reverse of this leaflet. Failure to book through these no plaer will be allowed to play"

Not exactly literate, but it's there.

In big letters.
I see it now although it's not that clear, so it's not an open then?
Yes, it's open to everyone who books through the required channels. No issue with this. You can't just turn up at the Welsh Open and say "but I gave a lad in my local Wilko's 20 quid. Does that not get me in?"
You can make your own way to the Welsh open and enter on the day though?
You have to be resident on site to play in the main event. The WDO won't just let you pitch up and play in that.
Really??

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58671
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: RE: Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by Ginge » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 am

daveboygreen wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: I see it now although it's not that clear, so it's not an open then?
Yes, it's open to everyone who books through the required channels. No issue with this. You can't just turn up at the Welsh Open and say "but I gave a lad in my local Wilko's 20 quid. Does that not get me in?"
You can make your own way to the Welsh open and enter on the day though?
You have to be resident on site to play in the main event. The WDO won't just let you pitch up and play in that.
Really??
Yes. You can't just turn up on the day ffs and get put in the draw there and then.

Although you can just enter that one event, you have to do it in advance.

TheSandman
Superleague Player
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by TheSandman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:22 am

How the fek has Des managed to get away with this massive conflict of interest, and no one has said a thing about using the BDO Facebook and website to promote an event he personally profits from??

TT is great at bashing the pdc on Facebook everyday yet said nothing about the chairman of the BDO doing far more promotion for the Turkish open than the winmau masters ever got. No wonder winmau gave notice. Devalues their brand being associated with the bdo, but as long as everyone has a good time in turkey, nothing else matters

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7721
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by BlueSpark » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:49 am

TheSandman wrote:How the fek has Des managed to get away with this massive conflict of interest, and no one has said a thing about using the BDO Facebook and website to promote an event he personally profits from??

TT is great at bashing the pdc on Facebook everyday yet said nothing about the chairman of the BDO doing far more promotion for the Turkish open than the winmau masters ever got. No wonder winmau gave notice. Devalues their brand being associated with the bdo, but as long as everyone has a good time in turkey, nothing else matters
They sponsor Turkey as well :grin:
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58671
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Turkey Ranking Events - anyone good with maths?

Post by Ginge » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:12 am

Its a good job that Roger never won the vote, with his conflict of interests and all that.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”