Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by Tommy T-Rex » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:55 pm
This sounds like excellent news, BDO back on terrestrial TV, you got to hand it to them after all the negativity they receive from some, they keep coming up with the goods. Well done Sue and the board...... :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
Well done indeed :MAD:

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9866
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by devosteve » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Skewball wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:39 am
I wonder if they mentioned the current bank balance at the agm
I think the answer is no.
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

minimalist180
Feather Flights
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by minimalist180 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:37 am

What is this Sportotal thing? Company is registered at a 2 up, 2 down in some back road in Bury and, last year, the total sum of creditors was £107k, presumably 90% of which is the BDO contract. Guessing the other 10% was commercial advice to Bury FC.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64794
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by Ginge » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:41 am

minimalist180 wrote:What is this Sportotal thing? Company is registered at a 2 up, 2 down in some back road in Bury and, last year, the total sum of creditors was £107k, presumably 90% of which is the BDO contract. Guessing the other 10% was commercial advice to Bury FC.
It was basicslly two solar panel salesman who sweet talked Auntie Sue at an event, the rest is history.

User avatar
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by Tommy T-Rex » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:44 am

On the plus side Sue and Wayne have one of the most energy efficient houses in the country.

minimalist180
Feather Flights
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by minimalist180 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:47 am

Ginge wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:41 am
minimalist180 wrote:What is this Sportotal thing? Company is registered at a 2 up, 2 down in some back road in Bury and, last year, the total sum of creditors was £107k, presumably 90% of which is the BDO contract. Guessing the other 10% was commercial advice to Bury FC.
It was basicslly two solar panel salesman who sweet talked Auntie Sue at an event, the rest is history.
Seems that way!!

User avatar
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member
Posts: 23295
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by spaceman70 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:51 am

Ginge wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:41 am
minimalist180 wrote:What is this Sportotal thing? Company is registered at a 2 up, 2 down in some back road in Bury and, last year, the total sum of creditors was £107k, presumably 90% of which is the BDO contract. Guessing the other 10% was commercial advice to Bury FC.
It was basicslly two solar panel salesman who sweet talked Auntie Sue at an event, the rest is history.
Sportotal is a wholly legitimate outfit. It’s business activities are still listed as ‘Other Human Health Activities’, and hasn’t changed since the company changed its name from Homephysio Limited.

Undoubtedly a very impressive setup. 😂
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64794
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by Ginge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:47 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:17 pm
Sportotal has today announced it has signed a multi-year deal with the British Darts Organisation to become their exclusive commercial advisor and representative.

Having exclusively acted for The BDO in the appointment of Channel 4 as the broadcast partner for the 2017 and 2018 BDO Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships, Sportotal and the BDO have now entered a multi-year partnership to devise and implement a long term commercial strategy for the BDO at every level and sphere of activity.

Sportotal’s global remit includes the management of all other commercial partnerships, the creation and implementation of a strategic commercial strategy across audio-visual, sponsorship, licensing, digital media, data, and all other commercial activities.

Stephen Holland, Co-Founder and Director of Sportotal said: “Having previously represented elements of the BDO’s business, we are delighted that, for the first time, we will act across all their commercial interests. This will give us the opportunity to oversee the structure of the event
schedule best equipped to deliver the optimum commercial programme over a number of years.”


Sue Williams, Chairperson of the BDO said: “For some time, we have been looking for the right partner to advise us across our entire commercial portfolio in a cohesive way. We have been impressed with the results Sportotal have achieved for us in the past and their approach for the future. We are looking forward to working with them to grow our fan base, commercial programme and number of partners of stature, to drive the BDO forward.”

Commercial Enquiries: please contact our exclusive commercial advisors, Sportotal, at enquiries@sportotal.co.uk or visit their website at www.sportotal.co.uk
RIP the Sportotal contract, passing away 2 days before it's 3rd birthday.

No flowers.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64794
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by Ginge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:18 pm

A sobering thought for any top BDO players who will still be in the system come Monday morning....Des Jacklin is now responsible for renegotiating the Eurosport contact when it ends next year.

May the Lord have mercy on your souls.

Thehateful180
Steady Sixties
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by Thehateful180 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Ginge wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:47 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:17 pm
Sportotal has today announced it has signed a multi-year deal with the British Darts Organisation to become their exclusive commercial advisor and representative.

Having exclusively acted for The BDO in the appointment of Channel 4 as the broadcast partner for the 2017 and 2018 BDO Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships, Sportotal and the BDO have now entered a multi-year partnership to devise and implement a long term commercial strategy for the BDO at every level and sphere of activity.

Sportotal’s global remit includes the management of all other commercial partnerships, the creation and implementation of a strategic commercial strategy across audio-visual, sponsorship, licensing, digital media, data, and all other commercial activities.

Stephen Holland, Co-Founder and Director of Sportotal said: “Having previously represented elements of the BDO’s business, we are delighted that, for the first time, we will act across all their commercial interests. This will give us the opportunity to oversee the structure of the event
schedule best equipped to deliver the optimum commercial programme over a number of years.”


Sue Williams, Chairperson of the BDO said: “For some time, we have been looking for the right partner to advise us across our entire commercial portfolio in a cohesive way. We have been impressed with the results Sportotal have achieved for us in the past and their approach for the future. We are looking forward to working with them to grow our fan base, commercial programme and number of partners of stature, to drive the BDO forward.”

Commercial Enquiries: please contact our exclusive commercial advisors, Sportotal, at enquiries@sportotal.co.uk or visit their website at www.sportotal.co.uk
RIP the Sportotal contract, passing away 2 days before it's 3rd birthday.

No flowers.
A match made in heaven. The greatest partnership since ITV Digital and the Football league.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 10263
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by BlueSpark » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:48 pm

£5k a month :DDD:
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64794
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by Ginge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:49 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:48 pm
£5k a month :DDD:
multiplied by 36 = £180k

Probably doesnt cover what they lost on running the first two World Darts Trophies......

User avatar
Booji Boy
International
Posts: 28317
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by Booji Boy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm

"Stephen Holland - Director

In 2011 Stephen advised Merlin Entertainments Ltd following its new acquisition of the Blackpool Tower Complex. As Business Development Manager he restructured the Tower’s corporate offering and attracted significant numbers to both the Tower and the town of Blackpool, including the return of the iconic BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing series to the Blackpool Tower Ballroom.

In 2013 Stephen became the Commercial Director of BDO Events Ltd, the British Darts Organisation’s exclusive commercial rights partner, and was responsible for broadcast, sponsorship, licencing, event creation and management. Stephen was instrumental in developing a long term major new multi-event strategy including event directing the BDO World Trophy 2014 and 2015. He also brought together 17 international darts associations and promoters in representation deals allowing the creation of a multi territory multi event broadcasting contract with Eurosport.

Stephen co-founded Sportotal Ltd in October 2015, with the acquisition of a number of rights assets from BDO Events.

Stephen is also the co-founder of Fever Dance Company with 12 years success in delivering dance expertise across all ages and disciplines"

He is responsible for the gradual downfall of the BDO not Des :grin:

User avatar
Booji Boy
International
Posts: 28317
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Press Release - BDO & Sportotal Commercial Partnership

Post by Booji Boy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 pm

I wonder if Sue got money from the "acquisition" of assets from BDO events?

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”