PDC World Cup Of Darts 2017

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: PDC World Cup Of Darts 2017

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Murphio wrote:JC playing his audience like a fiddle. Beautiful.
Lets see what England and Scotland average in the WDF World Cup.

oh wait
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

.Image
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Garry crying like a bitch, glorious.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Rout wrote:For one week a year, fanboys suddenly claim playing for your country in darts matters

:)
It does matter. But imo it is not the pinnacle in darts. It's not the ultimate achievement. For some players it is the ulitmate: those who have no chance of winning the world championship for example.

But if we are to have serious debate:are you saying those folks who will play in Japan have hit the heights of darts? Of course not.

But re this thread: love it how some try to rip to bits this comp saying players don't care etc. Yet can't explain why max hopp got so emotional ? Was it the prize money? Or maybe playing for his country?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC World Cup Of Darts 2017

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
Rout wrote:For one week a year, fanboys suddenly claim playing for your country in darts matters

It does matter. But imo it is not the pinnacle in darts. It's not the ultimate achievement. For some players it is the ulitmate: those who have no chance of winning the world championship for example.

But if we are to have serious debate:are you saying those folks who will play in Japan have hit the heights of darts? Of course not.

But re this thread: love it how some try to rip to bits this comp saying players don't care etc. Yet can't explain why max hopp got so emotional ? Was it the prize money? Or maybe playing for his country?
Never mind all that, remind me again how dire the WDT ticket sales were?
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Really poor averages in this
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

But good ticket sales.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:But good ticket sales.
Unlike the WDT where they were dire, mate.

Truly, utterly dire. Playing roulette with the members money, mate. Rout said so.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:

Lol, you can't have it both ways, u turn central :-)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Were there more averages in the 70s or lower in this, or over 100?

I think that could be an interesting stat. We often hear you can't win a game in the pdc without averaging 100. So naturally I assume there would have been much more 100+ averages than 79.99 or less?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Sigh. Maybe it's time to stop posting. Or maybe we need to realise it's just a game of darts and all opinions are just a bit of banter.

Saying internationals mean something and yet still holding to the view that they are not the ultimate in this sport isn't a contradiction or a u turn imo.
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Post by bukowski »

devosteve wrote:

...not one i have met there was playing for pricemoney...pricemoney is just the bonus..

and u cant imagine how important this tournament is for some nations ..the positive reactions at home from friends, family, workmates and players are so many and good for darts in generally ...

some here at the forum where moaning about class and averages...i can tell you all players are hitting backstage the trebles and doubles like mad...but some are struggling on the stage..because they play first time on stage and are nervous...or have other problems..a.e. one of our players was knowing about the heat on stage but it was more that he has expected and his darts just slipped from his hand from sweating...

if we just get 5% new players now in our country because it was streamed on television, darts is the winner...
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Pressure of the stage. Think Ive seen that on a bingo card somewhere?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

bukowski wrote:
devosteve wrote:

...not one i have met there was playing for pricemoney...pricemoney is just the bonus..

and u cant imagine how important this tournament is for some nations ..the positive reactions at home from friends, family, workmates and players are so many and good for darts in generally ...

some here at the forum where moaning about class and averages...i can tell you all players are hitting backstage the trebles and doubles like mad...but some are struggling on the stage..because they play first time on stage and are nervous...or have other problems..a.e. one of our players was knowing about the heat on stage but it was more that he has expected and his darts just slipped from his hand from sweating...

if we just get 5% new players now in our country because it was streamed on television, darts is the winner...
Well said. Averages don't matter.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Rout wrote:Were there more averages in the 70s or lower in this, or over 100?

I think that could be an interesting stat. We often hear you can't win a game in the pdc without averaging 100. So naturally I assume there would have been much more 100+ averages than 79.99 or less?
Well, knock me down with a feather.

It turns out I was way out! Just had a quick count up and it turns out there are 44 averages at first glance of 79.99 or under. Against 11, according to Garry of over 100

So just to re-iterate, that's 44 averages that have failed to make it over the 80 barrier. Against 11 over 100.

On this evidence, its a 4 times more likely that you will see an average of under 80 than over 100 in the PDC.

Interesting stuff.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
GRAYISALEGEND
County Player

Post by GRAYISALEGEND »

Rout wrote:

It turns out I was way out! Just had a quick count up and it turns out there are 44 averages at first glance of 79.99 or under. Against 11, according to Garry of over 100

So just to re-iterate, that's 44 averages that have failed to make it over the 80 barrier. Against 11 over 100.

On this evidence, its a 4 times more likely that you will see an average of under 80 than over 100 in the PDC.

Interesting stuff.
Go away Rout and troll elsewhere!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

GRAYISALEGEND wrote:
Rout wrote:

Interesting stuff.
Go away Rout and troll elsewhere!
Can't believe you bit to that ffs.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

bukowski wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Most of us know all this mate, there are a few though who need to get a grip on reality
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
bukowski wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Most of us know all this mate, there are a few though who need to get a grip on reality
No no no it doesn't mean anything to represent your country, it's "pointless", "nobody is interested" or "a waste of money".

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
bukowski wrote:
devosteve wrote:

No no no it doesn't mean anything to represent your country, it's "pointless", "nobody is interested" or "a waste of money".
Do the PDC make financial contributions or payments to the players for representing their country?