Question for the statisticians

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 57899
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby Ginge » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Oh boy, what a read.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8329
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am
Contact:

Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby devosteve » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 pm

BlueSpark wrote:After the bumping of the Turkish open draw thread, this one my all time favourite (apart from the Deluxe one, obvs)
Enjoy.


Can the deluxe one be bumped please. Sure I was swayed at 1st then it all began to unravel in glorious fashion
New Traditionalists.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 57899
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: RE: Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby Ginge » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:56 pm

devosteve wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:After the bumping of the Turkish open draw thread, this one my all time favourite (apart from the Deluxe one, obvs)
Enjoy.


Can the deluxe one be bumped please. Sure I was swayed at 1st then it all began to unravel in glorious fashion
http://www.tsod.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15568
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6641
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby DavidOwen67 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:43 pm

Ginge wrote:Oh boy, what a read.


Can't believe I'd forgotten about this. Bloody lovely read.

Rout and IFM just lost the plot completely. Any idea where they got the lunatic 3 million to 1 figure in the first place?
Trying to explain even the simplest probability calculation was like trying to explain how to programme your video to a pot plant.
Them trying to refute some rather complex, yet elegant maths was just hysterical!

Great bumping.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7281
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:56 pm

My second favourite thread, the other one reminded me of it.
Utterly brilliant.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22496
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby ChrisW » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Bumpfest at the moment.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6641
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby DavidOwen67 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 pm

ChrisW wrote:Bumpfest at the moment.


Indeed. But specially selected "classics" that need a good airing every now and again.
I think this one is my favourite for so many different reasons.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6641
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby DavidOwen67 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:31 pm

26scored wrote:David owning everyone in this thread.
Fair play.

:grin:

Skewball
International
Posts: 6359
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: RE: Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby Skewball » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Bumpfest at the moment.


Indeed. But specially selected "classics" that need a good airing every now and again.
I think this one is my favourite for so many different reasons.
Yes, it's definitely a favourite of mine. It's just so blatantly obvious it was fixed, across 4 different draws. When you have such ridiculas odds , beyond calculation combined with a clear and obvious motive then it's just beyond debate. It was fixed, there is no other option.
Yet people were trying to pretend it wasn't just to protect their image on here.
It was so weird.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6641
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby DavidOwen67 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Booji Boy wrote:Jeezo when you are getting your arse handed to you by david owen, david owen ffs, its time to question your future on forums.

What a fun read.


:grin: God, I miss that guy.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 57899
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: RE: Re: Question for the statisticians

Postby Ginge » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:29 am

Skewball wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Bumpfest at the moment.


Indeed. But specially selected "classics" that need a good airing every now and again.
I think this one is my favourite for so many different reasons.
Yes, it's definitely a favourite of mine. It's just so blatantly obvious it was fixed, across 4 different draws. When you have such ridiculas odds , beyond calculation combined with a clear and obvious motive then it's just beyond debate. It was fixed, there is no other option.
Yet people were trying to pretend it wasn't just to protect their image on here.
It was so weird.


Aye it was a bit odd, as if the PDC were fixing it so that two nobodies played each other each day over a three day weekend :DDD:
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still


Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1205, BlueSpark, markymark, O C, Pruttel and 64 guests