Dartsnews.com

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Dartsnews.com

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

this is typical of the type of bullsh1t wannabe "journalists" are churning out these days, more nonsense articles.
"Kevin Painter announced his retirement from professional darts"....seriously ?

The truth is he was not able to qualify from q-school to play professional darts
Its not like he can go elsewhere to play professional darts.

So he did not retire from "professional darts", he was not good enough to be able to compete in professional darts.
for all intentional purpose, Professional darts dumped him.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

"I’ve played for my country 25-30 times, I had a fantastic time with that. I’ve just enjoyed it.”
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Thats usually what happens Gaz. People retire because they either cant get to the standard or their bodies are not up to it
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Zweeler
Pub Champion

Post by Zweeler »

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/interview-het ... ie-anymore

Damon Heta off the back of his brilliant Brisbane Darts Masters triumph lived up to expectation on his shoulders by heading to follow his darting dreams in England.

Heta played at the World Championship losing to Glen Durrant in the second round before winning through Q-School.

Ahead of his second year on the PDC Tour, ‘The Heat’ sat down with DartsNews.com to discuss that opening foray.
Zweeler
Pub Champion

Post by Zweeler »

Alan Soutar will join the ranks of the PDC Tour when the Super Series begins on Thursday, after being a real standout from both stages of Q-School.

Soutar is a previous BDO/WDF winner, a former Lakeside qualifier and a proud Scot with over 50 caps for his country. He spoke to DartsNews.com after being part of a new batch of Tour Card holders.

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/interview-sou ... r-scotland
Zweeler
Pub Champion

Post by Zweeler »

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/interview-mat ... s-of-darts

Gordon Mathers claimed his spot in the new crop of PDC Tour Card holders last week reaching a final at Q-School before going onto win through the Order of Merit.

Mathers is set for his debut on the PDC ProTour this afternoon on the Super Series in Bolton and caught up with DartsNews.com to reflect on Q-School.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 am this is typical of the type of bullsh1t wannabe "journalists" are churning out these days, more nonsense articles.

The truth is he was not able to qualify from q-school to play professional darts

So he did not retire from "professional darts", he was not good enough to be able to compete in professional darts.
funny that, a week before q-school all the interviews he did were -

"Kevin Painter has declared he has 'unfinished business' in the PDC ahead of his return to Q School next week.

Painter, 53, will attend UK Q School for a third consecutive year, desperate to win back his PDC Tour Card which he lost at the end of the 2018 campaign.

A former TV title winner and World Championship runner-up, Painter still believes he has more to give to the sport as he looks to recapture the form that saw him claim a place in the 2012 Premier League.

"I would call it 'unfinished business'. I believe I came off the tour before it was my time. It wasn't a case of getting hammered 6-0 or 6-1 every week and thinking 'I can't do this anymore' I believe I'm plenty good enough to be on the tour still, my practice has been going alright, I'm throwing really well now."
Little Lonely Garry
International

Bomber wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:31 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 am this is typical of the type of bullsh1t wannabe "journalists" are churning out these days, more nonsense articles.

funny that, a week before q-school all the interviews he did were -

"Kevin Painter has declared he has 'unfinished business' in the PDC ahead of his return to Q School next week.

Painter, 53, will attend UK Q School for a third consecutive year, desperate to win back his PDC Tour Card which he lost at the end of the 2018 campaign.

A former TV title winner and World Championship runner-up, Painter still believes he has more to give to the sport as he looks to recapture the form that saw him claim a place in the 2012 Premier League.

"I would call it 'unfinished business'. I believe I came off the tour before it was my time. It wasn't a case of getting hammered 6-0 or 6-1 every week and thinking 'I can't do this anymore' I believe I'm plenty good enough to be on the tour still, my practice has been going alright, I'm throwing really well now."
exactly my point.

Painter did not retire of his own choice, he was forced out .
But so called "journalists " who are nothing more than suck ups will print anything
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Little Lonely Garry
International

cannot wait for dartnew.com to tell us "Cullen won"

we might not ever have known otherwise.

The anticipation is killing me.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 pm cannot wait for dartnew.com to tell us "Cullen won"

It's dartsnews.com
And congrats in finally realising it was Cullen who won :DDD:
Little Lonely Garry
International

ChrisW wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:00 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 pm cannot wait for dartnew.com to tell us "Cullen won"

It's dartsnews.com
you do realize stalker that is was MTF that said Clayton won not me
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 pm
ChrisW wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:00 pm

It's dartsnews.com
You didn't correct him though :)
Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:08 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:07 pm Clayton staggers over the line 8-7. Here comes Dan Dawson. Oh joy...
odds on the gimp calling him "best in the world"
Anyway only a bit of banter Garry.
Chill!
Little Lonely Garry
International

you cannot even quote properly
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Oh no!!!!
Zweeler
Pub Champion

Post by Zweeler »

https://dartsnews.com/bdo/forgotten-dar ... to-bristow

In this column we regularly reminisce about a 'forgotten darter' from the past. Today it is the turn of Dave Whitcombe. He won the Winmau World Masters twice, but lost to Eric Bristow in two World Championship finals.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Surely the only darts fans who would have forgotten him would have suffered a brain injury which would render them incapable of understanding the article.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Zweeler
Pub Champion

Post by Zweeler »

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/jack-main-loo ... -was-a-180

When a player takes to the oche for the first time as a PDC professional, it is to be expected that their nerves will be on edge.

A first foray into the competitive shark tank that is the Pro Tour inevitably comes with heaps of pressure to prove oneself against the biggest names in darts.

But Jack Main, whose impressive performances at February’s Q-School earned him a tour card at the first time of asking, has found the transition to the professional game remarkably straightforward.
Zweeler
Pub Champion

Post by Zweeler »

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/interview-jef ... nine-times

“It's been very difficult this year compared to last even. My Federal Government has imposed a mandatory quarantine at our expense when returning to Canada in excess of $1100 each trip, and during the last Series in Germany my Provincial Government hit me with a secondary hotel quarantine 7 days at $1400,” said Smith to DartsNews.com.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Zweeler wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 pm https://dartsnews.com/pdc/jack-main-loo ... -was-a-180

When a player takes to the oche for the first time as a PDC professional, it is to be expected that their nerves will be on edge.

A first foray into the competitive shark tank that is the Pro Tour inevitably comes with heaps of pressure to prove oneself against the biggest names in darts.

But Jack Main, whose impressive performances at February’s Q-School earned him a tour card at the first time of asking, has found the transition to the professional game remarkably straightforward.
He's averaging 88 for the year, has won six of nineteen matches, and has won £3k prize money in 13 events. And yet the transition has been "remarkably straightforward".

Are you people on drugs? I understand that darts journalism= sucking up to the players, but this is ridiculous.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

waddle147 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:29 pm
Zweeler wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 pm https://dartsnews.com/pdc/jack-main-loo ... -was-a-180

He's averaging 88 for the year, has won six of nineteen matches, and has won £3k prize money in 13 events. And yet the transition has been "remarkably straightforward".

Are you people on drugs? I understand that darts journalism= sucking up to the players, but this is ridiculous.
Can’t argue with that.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage: