Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2765
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Addicks Fan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:39 pm

ChrisW wrote:The prize fund for the Scottish Classic is a bit on the tight side.

Same as last year - a bit pointless if you ask me, should just bump up the Scottish Open fund instead

oche balboa
International
Posts: 10030
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by oche balboa » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:42 pm

I totally agree
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:39 am

Addicks Fan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:The prize fund for the Scottish Classic is a bit on the tight side.

Same as last year - a bit pointless if you ask me, should just bump up the Scottish Open fund instead
Scottish Open already makes a hell of a lot more than it pays out

User avatar
Mr Orange
Brass Darts
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Mr Orange » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:05 am

daveboygreen wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:The prize fund for the Scottish Classic is a bit on the tight side.

Same as last year - a bit pointless if you ask me, should just bump up the Scottish Open fund instead
Scottish Open already makes a hell of a lot more than it pays out
Got any true stories?

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23355
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Winmau is ending it's association with the BDO, this is a great shame and hope Des can contact them with a view to continuing their partnership.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8476
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by devosteve » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:Winmau is ending it's association with the BDO, this is a great shame and hope Des can contact them with a view to continuing their partnership.
Is this confirmed anywhere?
Jocko Homo.

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23355
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 pm

devosteve wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Winmau is ending it's association with the BDO, this is a great shame and hope Des can contact them with a view to continuing their partnership.
Is this confirmed anywhere?
Unfortunately yes, it was known before the AGM but was kept quiet if what I've been told is correct.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29097
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:14 pm

We can add Winmau to the list of sponsors and broadcast companies the old board lost
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58781
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Ginge » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:21 pm

They haven't bothered updating the venue on here yet...

http://www.winmau.com/pages/783/Winmau_World_Masters/

Case
Pub Champion
Posts: 674
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Case » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:21 pm

It would be great if Des controls the current BDO status, no tv, be there for the masses.

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23355
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Ginge wrote:They haven't bothered updating the venue on here yet...

http://www.winmau.com/pages/783/Winmau_World_Masters/
They gave them 12 months notice.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58781
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: RE: Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Ginge » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:They haven't bothered updating the venue on here yet...

http://www.winmau.com/pages/783/Winmau_World_Masters/
They gave them 12 months notice.
Even so, if they can't even be arsed updating that page as "title sponsor" it doesnt look good.

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23355
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:33 pm

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:They haven't bothered updating the venue on here yet...

http://www.winmau.com/pages/783/Winmau_World_Masters/
They gave them 12 months notice.
Even so, if they can't even be arsed updating that page as "title sponsor" it doesnt look good.
Des might win it back yet......?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58781
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Ginge » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:They haven't bothered updating the venue on here yet...

http://www.winmau.com/pages/783/Winmau_World_Masters/
They gave them 12 months notice.
Even so, if they can't even be arsed updating that page as "title sponsor" it doesnt look good.
Des might win it back yet......?
You are missing my point. I'm assuming the 12 months notice was only given this year? So they are still the title sponsor for the Masters in October...aren't they?

Case
Pub Champion
Posts: 674
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Case » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 pm

Clutching.

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23355
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:They haven't bothered updating the venue on here yet...

http://www.winmau.com/pages/783/Winmau_World_Masters/
They gave them 12 months notice.
Even so, if they can't even be arsed updating that page as "title sponsor" it doesnt look good.
Des might win it back yet......?
You are missing my point. I'm assuming the 12 months notice was only given this year? So they are still the title sponsor for the Masters in October...aren't they?
I see what you mean now....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2765
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Addicks Fan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:They haven't bothered updating the venue on here yet...

http://www.winmau.com/pages/783/Winmau_World_Masters/
They gave them 12 months notice.
Even so, if they can't even be arsed updating that page as "title sponsor" it doesnt look good.
Des might win it back yet......?
You are missing my point. I'm assuming the 12 months notice was only given this year? So they are still the title sponsor for the Masters in October...aren't they?
Must be, judging by the news stories about it on their website.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58781
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Ginge » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Showing a bit of a "we can't be arsed" attitude even before the 12 months is up, then.

Snoopdougydoug
Brass Darts
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Snoopdougydoug » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:38 pm

What's the cut off date for qualifying for Lakeside?

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 23177
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by ChrisW » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Snoopdougydoug wrote:What's the cut off date for qualifying for Lakeside?
30th September.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”