Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9873
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by BlueSpark » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:15 am

That's Paula out first round then.
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4175
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:39 am

Waites has one hell of an easy quarter

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 63550
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Ginge » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:40 am

Nice to see the Ladies draw has two players seeded #8

Buzz Fledderjohn
Pub Champion
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:45 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:15 am
That's Paula out first round then.
As usual. And according to the write-up she's not even "in form" this year.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 8000
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by phil davies » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:29 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:15 am
That's Paula out first round then.

We didn’t need the draw to work that out.


Deta likely to lose first round too me thinks and Ashton got the worst draw possibly but still expect her to win the event.


If Waites is still 25-1 definetly worth an EW bet.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4175
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm

Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.

26scored
Pub Champion
Posts: 900
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by 26scored » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.
They said all players accepted their invitations and they are in the draw so I can't see them not taking part. The BDO was fair in letting everyone compete in the qualifier without restrictions so I think Hearn can exempt the ladies from that rule.

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 3268
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Addicks Fan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.
What has that got to do with the BDO? On that basis the PDC should withdraw their offer! In answer to the question the fact that they are in the draw which means they have all accepted the invitation, and there are no restrictions in the BDO Lakeside rules at all which tells me that they will be at Lakeside.

I'm sure the TV issue is about Tour Card holders and doesn't apply to anyone else, so unless the Ally Pally contract specifically states that any participants can't play at the Lakeside that follows then all is good!

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4175
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:34 pm

Addicks Fan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.
What has that got to do with the BDO? On that basis the PDC should withdraw their offer! In answer to the question the fact that they are in the draw which means they have all accepted the invitation, and there are no restrictions in the BDO Lakeside rules at all which tells me that they will be at Lakeside.

I'm sure the TV issue is about Tour Card holders and doesn't apply to anyone else, so unless the Ally Pally contract specifically states that any participants can't play at the Lakeside that follows then all is good!
Its specifically why Rajaski had to drop out last year.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4175
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:35 pm

26scored wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.
They said all players accepted their invitations and they are in the draw so I can't see them not taking part. The BDO was fair in letting everyone compete in the qualifier without restrictions so I think Hearn can exempt the ladies from that rule.
Hearn said he wasnt going to remove any restrictions despite what the BDO have done in the interview he gave abou it and the contracts dont let you play in another contract.

The PDC contracts wont be sorted until the UK ladies qualifier is done so I doubt Ana has even signed anything yet.

Im guessing that why Lisa Ashton was questioning things last week *apparently*

DavidB
International
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.


Firstly the UK qualifier might be a player who has not made Lakeside...

Secondly, hasn’t it been said there are no restrictions from either side??
Last edited by DavidB on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

26scored
Pub Champion
Posts: 900
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by 26scored » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:39 pm

DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:36 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.


Firstly the UK qualifier might be a player who has not made Lakeside...

Seconndly, hasn’t it been said there are no restrictions from either side??
No, Zapp is correct in saying that Hearn stated the PDC will stick to the contracts. Though I can't see the qualifiers missing Lakeside. You can say the BDO doesn't matter but still think it would be bad publicity, they would be accused for only using the ladies as a money grab. Which is somewhat true but still they shouldn't restrict them from playing the BDO Worlds.

DavidB
International
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:34 pm
Addicks Fan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.
What has that got to do with the BDO? On that basis the PDC should withdraw their offer! In answer to the question the fact that they are in the draw which means they have all accepted the invitation, and there are no restrictions in the BDO Lakeside rules at all which tells me that they will be at Lakeside.

I'm sure the TV issue is about Tour Card holders and doesn't apply to anyone else, so unless the Ally Pally contract specifically states that any participants can't play at the Lakeside that follows then all is good!
Its specifically why Rajaski had to drop out last year.


Erh no, he had qualified for both and choose Ally Pally instead!!!

DavidB
International
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:42 pm

26scored wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:39 pm
DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:36 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.


Firstly the UK qualifier might be a player who has not made Lakeside...

Seconndly, hasn’t it been said there are no restrictions from either side??
No, Zapp is correct in saying that Hearn stated the PDC will stick to the contracts. Though I can't see the qualifiers missing Lakeside. You can say the BDO doesn't matter but still think it would be bad publicity, they would be accused for only using the ladies as a money grab. Which is somewhat true but still they shouldn't restrict them from playing the BDO Worlds.


Ok, thought it had been discussed on at the time...

Aren’t these PDC contracts for players on the pro tour and members of the PDPA?? There is nothing in the details for the women’s qualifiers that state the winner has to join the PDPA and therefore the same contract...

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4175
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:42 pm

DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:34 pm
Addicks Fan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.
What has that got to do with the BDO? On that basis the PDC should withdraw their offer! In answer to the question the fact that they are in the draw which means they have all accepted the invitation, and there are no restrictions in the BDO Lakeside rules at all which tells me that they will be at Lakeside.

I'm sure the TV issue is about Tour Card holders and doesn't apply to anyone else, so unless the Ally Pally contract specifically states that any participants can't play at the Lakeside that follows then all is good!
Its specifically why Rajaski had to drop out last year.


Erh no, he had qualified for both and choose Ally Pally instead!!!
Because he couldnt play both.......... Ally pally was first and their contract specifically said he couldn't play lakeisde if he played Ally Pally

so the Ally Pally contact is for anyone there not just tour card holders.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4175
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:43 pm

DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:42 pm
26scored wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:39 pm
DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:36 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.


Firstly the UK qualifier might be a player who has not made Lakeside...

Seconndly, hasn’t it been said there are no restrictions from either side??
No, Zapp is correct in saying that Hearn stated the PDC will stick to the contracts. Though I can't see the qualifiers missing Lakeside. You can say the BDO doesn't matter but still think it would be bad publicity, they would be accused for only using the ladies as a money grab. Which is somewhat true but still they shouldn't restrict them from playing the BDO Worlds.


Ok, thought it had been discussed on at the time...

Aren’t these PDC contracts for players on the pro tour and members of the PDPA?? There is nothing in the details for the women’s qualifiers that state the winner has to join the PDPA and therefore the same contract...
As has been said Rajaski wasnt a member of the PDPA last year and he had to sign a contract to not play Lakeside.

DavidB
International
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm

No you’re missing the point - he qualified for both world championships and decided to play at Ally Pally therefore signing this contract!!! If could have played at Lakeside instead if he wanted to and that’s the difference, he made his own choice not because he was forced!

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4175
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm

DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm
No you’re missing the point - he qualified for both world championships and decided to play at Ally Pally therefore signing this contract!!! If could have played at Lakeside instead if he wanted to and that’s the difference, he made his own choice not because he was forced!
Im not missing any point,

he had to make a choice because the PDC wouldnt let him play lakeside and lakeside wouldnt let him play Ally Pally. If there was no contract, like you think there wont be for the Women, then he wouldnt have had to make a choice and could have just played both.

The ally pally contract states you cant play both world championships, Hearn has said that wont change, I remember Paul saying months ago something along the lines of the women entering thought they wouldnt be able to play Lakeside if they got through but the £7k was too much to turn down, so therefore the 2 women will have to pull out when they sign their Ally Pally Contract.

Its going to be pretty Embarrassing if the number 2 (potentially) and the number 4 have to pull out next week after the draw has made because the BDO didnt get clarity from the qualifiers.

Buzz Fledderjohn
Pub Champion
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:01 pm

DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm
No you’re missing the point - he qualified for both world championships and decided to play at Ally Pally therefore signing this contract!!! If could have played at Lakeside instead if he wanted to and that’s the difference, he made his own choice not because he was forced!
This is the only point being discussed here. He wasn't a tour card holder, yet chose to play Ally Pally once he'd qualified. In essence no different from Ana this year. So it's perfectly reasonable to ask whether or not she will be able to take part at Lakeside as a result.

Starting an argument over the specific language used when asking that question isn't going to get anyone anywhere

DavidB
International
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:01 pm
DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm
No you’re missing the point - he qualified for both world championships and decided to play at Ally Pally therefore signing this contract!!! If could have played at Lakeside instead if he wanted to and that’s the difference, he made his own choice not because he was forced!
This is the only point being discussed here. He wasn't a tour card holder, yet chose to play Ally Pally once he'd qualified. In essence no different from Ana this year. So it's perfectly reasonable to ask whether or not she will be able to take part at Lakeside as a result.

Starting an argument over the specific language used when asking that question isn't going to get anyone anywhere


You’re starting the argument, I’m just stating what is correct :grin:

You are wrong because as it stands both women’s qualifiers can play in both WC’s...

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”