Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 63532
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Ginge » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:08 pm

If only we had Ana's other half on the forum who could confirm or deny if signing the Ally Pally contract precludes her from playing Lakeside.

DavidB
International
Posts: 5472
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm
DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm
No you’re missing the point - he qualified for both world championships and decided to play at Ally Pally therefore signing this contract!!! If could have played at Lakeside instead if he wanted to and that’s the difference, he made his own choice not because he was forced!
Im not missing any point,

he had to make a choice because the PDC wouldnt let him play lakeside and lakeside wouldnt let him play Ally Pally. If there was no contract, like you think there wont be for the Women, then he wouldnt have had to make a choice and could have just played both.

The ally pally contract states you cant play both world championships, Hearn has said that wont change, I remember Paul saying months ago something along the lines of the women entering thought they wouldnt be able to play Lakeside if they got through but the £7k was too much to turn down, so therefore the 2 women will have to pull out when they sign their Ally Pally Contract.

Its going to be pretty Embarrassing if the number 2 (potentially) and the number 4 have to pull out next week after the draw has made because the BDO didnt get clarity from the qualifiers.


Ah but your post basically said the contract made him play Ally Pally - well no he had a choice and choose Ally Pally! Then he presumably signed the contract?

Remember in the past Peter Manley qualified for both Lakeside and Circus Tavern but he choose CT in the days before contracts as well!

As for the 2 x women’s qualifiers for Ally Pally, I didn’t say anything if you read other than there is nothing in the details for the women’s qualifiers that state the winner has to join the PDPA and therefore the same contract - if you can find the relevant info please share with us all!

Well if the BDO knew something would they have perhaps delayed the draw??

Anyway, until there is official confirmation this is pure speculation! The BDO obviously have no problem hence the players have confirmed their participation !

DavidB
International
Posts: 5472
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:08 pm
If only we had Ana's other half on the forum who could confirm or deny if signing the Ally Pally contract precludes her from playing Lakeside.


Why do you say Ally Pally contract?? Is there such a contract separate of the PDPA contract or you’re talking one of the same??

Buzz Fledderjohn
Pub Champion
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:19 pm

DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:06 pm
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:01 pm
DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm
No you’re missing the point - he qualified for both world championships and decided to play at Ally Pally therefore signing this contract!!! If could have played at Lakeside instead if he wanted to and that’s the difference, he made his own choice not because he was forced!
This is the only point being discussed here. He wasn't a tour card holder, yet chose to play Ally Pally once he'd qualified. In essence no different from Ana this year. So it's perfectly reasonable to ask whether or not she will be able to take part at Lakeside as a result.

Starting an argument over the specific language used when asking that question isn't going to get anyone anywhere


You’re starting the argument, I’m just stating what is correct :grin:

You are wrong because as it stands both women’s qualifiers can play in both WC’s...
I'm wrong how exactly?
Point me to where I've stated the female qualifiers will not be allowed to play at Lakeside.
Someone else has asked the question of whether they will be able to or not, and I've merely observed it's a reasonable question to ask given the precedent of last year

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 63532
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Ginge » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:22 pm

DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:19 pm
Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:08 pm
If only we had Ana's other half on the forum who could confirm or deny if signing the Ally Pally contract precludes her from playing Lakeside.


Why do you say Ally Pally contract?? Is there such a contract separate of the PDPA contract or you’re talking one of the same??
You would imagine each TV contract has a "playing contract" separate from a PDPA membership one. In reality I have no idea.

However if Hearn is right then its going to need someone somewhere (either the BDO, PDC, Sky, the PDPA, or a combination of the four) to turn a blind eye to allow Ana to play both. Seems reasonable to let her do both, imo.

DavidB
International
Posts: 5472
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:22 pm
DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:19 pm
Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:08 pm
If only we had Ana's other half on the forum who could confirm or deny if signing the Ally Pally contract precludes her from playing Lakeside.


Why do you say Ally Pally contract?? Is there such a contract separate of the PDPA contract or you’re talking one of the same??
You would imagine each TV contract has a "playing contract" separate from a PDPA membership one. In reality I have no idea.


Thanks for clearing that up :)

DavidB
International
Posts: 5472
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:19 pm
DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:06 pm
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:01 pm
DavidB wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm
No you’re missing the point - he qualified for both world championships and decided to play at Ally Pally therefore signing this contract!!! If could have played at Lakeside instead if he wanted to and that’s the difference, he made his own choice not because he was forced!
This is the only point being discussed here. He wasn't a tour card holder, yet chose to play Ally Pally once he'd qualified. In essence no different from Ana this year. So it's perfectly reasonable to ask whether or not she will be able to take part at Lakeside as a result.

Starting an argument over the specific language used when asking that question isn't going to get anyone anywhere


You’re starting the argument, I’m just stating what is correct :grin:

You are wrong because as it stands both women’s qualifiers can play in both WC’s...
I'm wrong how exactly?
Point me to where I've stated the female qualifiers will not be allowed to play at Lakeside.
Someone else has asked the question of whether they will be able to or not, and I've merely observed it's a reasonable question to ask given the precedent of last year


Yes my apologies, thought you were suggesting it was fact rather than speculating!

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9863
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by BlueSpark » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:43 pm

What a fascinating discussion.
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11689
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by oche balboa » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Have the BDO actually confirmed that Anastasia and whoever wins the UK qualifier is taking part.

Hearn said the PDC has to stick to their contracts due to TV deals in place and the Ally Pally contract has stated in it that you cant play in another world championship.


Considering they have included her in the draw then I think so
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 8000
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by phil davies » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:46 pm

It’s pretty obvious playing in the women’s isn’t the same as playing in the mens hence no problem. Why anyone thinks it would be is beyond me.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 9117
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:34 am

Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:25 am
I see they finally fixed the bit where Cameron was playing two opponents.
No wonder it's his 6th appearance if he enters twice a year.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 63532
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Ginge » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:36 am

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:25 am
I see they finally fixed the bit where Cameron was playing two opponents.
No wonder it's his 6th appearance if he enters twice a year.
At least Paula Jacklin isn't "in form" this year according to the write-up...

ChrisW
International
Posts: 26949
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by ChrisW » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:37 am

Ginge wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:36 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:25 am
I see they finally fixed the bit where Cameron was playing two opponents.
No wonder it's his 6th appearance if he enters twice a year.
At least Paula Jacklin isn't "in form" this year according to the write-up...
Buzz pointed that out yesterday.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 63532
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Ginge » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 am

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:36 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:25 am
I see they finally fixed the bit where Cameron was playing two opponents.
No wonder it's his 6th appearance if he enters twice a year.
At least Paula Jacklin isn't "in form" this year according to the write-up...
Buzz pointed that out yesterday.
Oh.

Hope you can get over it.

**starts stopwatch**

ChrisW
International
Posts: 26949
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by ChrisW » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:47 am

Apparently Adam Smith-Neale has broken his leg in Italy.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4175
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:04 am

ChrisW wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:47 am
Apparently Adam Smith-Neale has broken his leg in Italy.
Think all of Lincs that get sponsored was out in Italy so im guessing some drink was involved.

Wont be stood on it for 6-8 weeks so that puts him out of Lakeside.

foggs3355
International
Posts: 7214
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by foggs3355 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:54 am

Who next in line to take his place

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 9117
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 am

Someone from Lincs, no doubt.

Bag Carrier
County Player
Posts: 4097
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 pm
Location: Im always in your head

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Bag Carrier » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:38 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:08 pm
If only we had Ana's other half on the forum who could confirm or deny if signing the Ally Pally contract precludes her from playing Lakeside.


Allowed to play in both.

Had word from PDC they have no restrictions in the contract and neither do BDO.
JFT96

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 24143
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Paddy McGinty » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:24 pm

Bag Carrier wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:38 pm
Ginge wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:08 pm
If only we had Ana's other half on the forum who could confirm or deny if signing the Ally Pally contract precludes her from playing Lakeside.


Allowed to play in both.

Had word from PDC they have no restrictions in the contract and neither do BDO.
Well that pissed on Ginge's fireworks....... :)
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”