England Chairman in Offensive (to some) Rant

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
Maverick
Superleague Player

Re: England Chairman in Offensive (to some) Rant

Postby Maverick » Thu May 10, 2018 10:47 am

When reading through some of the dross on this thread there are some good and valid points.

I’ve met TT on a few occasions and I was surprised by his original post, the KKK outfit is without doubt racist, and the Burka is a religious garment.

As already stated motorcycle helmets need to be removed because there was a problem with criminals hiding their identities and committing crimes. As far as i’m Aware there isn’t a burka wearing crime epidemic under way so the comparison doesn’t stand up. This country is about religious freedom , multiculturalism, and tolerance. It may just be an illusion but those values appear to be degrading since the divisive eu ref campaign.

I’m not saying racism didn’t exist before it as we’ll all know people that are unashamedly racist, it just appears on the surface to be on the increase.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx

nikkiboy
International

Re: England Chairman in Offensive (to some) Rant

Postby nikkiboy » Thu May 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Maverick wrote:When reading through some of the dross on this thread there are some good and valid points.

I’ve met TT on a few occasions and I was surprised by his original post, the KKK outfit is without doubt racist, and the Burka is a religious garment.

As already stated motorcycle helmets need to be removed because there was a problem with criminals hiding their identities and committing crimes. As far as i’m Aware there isn’t a burka wearing crime epidemic under way so the comparison doesn’t stand up. This country is about religious freedom , multiculturalism, and tolerance. It may just be an illusion but those values appear to be degrading since the divisive eu ref campaign.

I’m not saying racism didn’t exist before it as we’ll all know people that are unashamedly racist, it just appears on the surface to be on the increase.

It's not on the increase it's just people are reporting it more, what used to be considered banter is now being reported to the police as racist or sexist using up valuable resources prosecuting some seventy year old for using a word they grew up using.

There are some vile people in this world and I encountered one Essex guy in a local pub who was anti everything not English and white and for some reason hated the Welsh as well, fortunately these people are generally not too bright and when I asked him who were the greatest English kings he stated that in his opinion they were King Arthur, Henry V and Henry VIII. Of course I pointed out that Arthur was either Cornish or Roman depending on which historical account you believe, Henry V was born in Monmouth Castle and is therefore Welsh and Henry VIII was one of the Tudors who hailed from Anglesea and his father Henry VII was born in Pembrokeshire.

Point is I could report everyone who calls me a sheep shagger or Taff but I don't have that inferiority chip on my shoulder that some have.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO

21st April 2016 7:01am

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”