TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22478
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby ChrisW » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 pm

After seeing the Cheltenham tipping comp over the road, got me thinking.
Chissy, one of the original mods here started this idea. And I remember one of the prizes was a share to get a vote for the players sponsorship scheme.

Anyone remember the complete list of players who were sponsored by that scheme? And how are they doing now.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 28771
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby nikkiboy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Tony Eccles
Steve Grubb
James Richardson
Justin Pipe
Richie Howson
Paddy Meaney
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
ifm
International
Posts: 19604
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:18 am

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby ifm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:43 pm

Wasn't there a bdo one too?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22478
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby ChrisW » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 pm

ifm wrote:Wasn't there a bdo one too?

I think there was an idea to sponsor two BDO players. From memory Robbie Green and Anastasia,

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6217
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby phil davies » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:00 am

nikkiboy wrote:Tony Eccles
Steve Grubb
James Richardson
Justin Pipe
Richie Howson
Paddy Meaney


So...

Jail
Not enterd anything since 2015
Rising toward top 40 seems on the up possible to break into top 32 if he has a very good year
In risk of falling out of the top 32 career seems on a downturn
Failed a q school poor challange tour weekend and picked up no money in UK open qualifying
Not done anything since 2015
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1600
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby daveboygreen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:39 am

nikkiboy wrote:Tony Eccles
Steve Grubb
James Richardson
Justin Pipe
Richie Howson
Paddy Meaney


How many of those and others that were in contention for sponsorship still post on here?

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23213
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby Paddy McGinty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:59 am

ifm wrote:Wasn't there a bdo one too?


There was one but it never got enough interest, Spacey ended up returning the money back to the potential sponsors....... says it all really.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8327
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby devosteve » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 am

nikkiboy wrote:Tony Eccles
Steve Grubb
James Richardson
Justin Pipe
Richie Howson
Paddy Meaney


from memory: didn't the last guy pack in playing half way through the season or not go for his tour card?
New Traditionalists.

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23213
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby Paddy McGinty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:41 am

devosteve wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Tony Eccles
Steve Grubb
James Richardson
Justin Pipe
Richie Howson
Paddy Meaney


from memory: didn't the last guy pack in playing half way through the season or not go for his tour card?

I think he spent the money before the tour began.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 57890
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby Ginge » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:49 am

No wonder he hasnt been seen again on here :D
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 28771
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby nikkiboy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 am

Ginge wrote:No wonder he hasnt been seen again on here :D

maybe we should sponsor ifm?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
ifm
International
Posts: 19604
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:18 am

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby ifm » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:No wonder he hasnt been seen again on here :D

maybe we should sponsor ifm?

No thanks, sponsor someone that needs it.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 28771
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby nikkiboy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:25 pm

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:No wonder he hasnt been seen again on here :D

maybe we should sponsor ifm?

No thanks, sponsor someone that needs it.

Whoosh
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8327
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby devosteve » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Now I recall he got the sponsorship money but didn't enter q school because he had spent it on events before January.

There had been expectation he would enter q school.

is he still playing?
New Traditionalists.

Bag Carrier
County Player
Posts: 3940
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 pm
Location: All Ovr The World

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby Bag Carrier » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:55 pm

daveboygreen wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Tony Eccles
Steve Grubb
James Richardson
Justin Pipe
Richie Howson
Paddy Meaney


How many of those and others that were in contention for sponsorship still post on here?



Funny how they were all active when the money was on offer.
JFT96

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23213
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby Paddy McGinty » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:58 pm

devosteve wrote:Now I recall he got the sponsorship money but didn't enter q school because he had spent it on events before January.

There had been expectation he would enter q school.

is he still playing?

That is how I recall it, folk seemed to lose interest soon after that.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1600
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby daveboygreen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Bag Carrier wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Tony Eccles
Steve Grubb
James Richardson
Justin Pipe
Richie Howson
Paddy Meaney


How many of those and others that were in contention for sponsorship still post on here?



Funny how they were all active when the money was on offer.


Indeed, I was certain that you were only hanging around in the hope that it was your turn next lol

Bag Carrier
County Player
Posts: 3940
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 pm
Location: All Ovr The World

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby Bag Carrier » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:32 pm

daveboygreen wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Tony Eccles
Steve Grubb
James Richardson
Justin Pipe
Richie Howson
Paddy Meaney


How many of those and others that were in contention for sponsorship still post on here?



Funny how they were all active when the money was on offer.


Indeed, I was certain that you were only hanging around in the hope that it was your turn next lol



I’m still here and was here long before they even started the scheme. I don’t chase money like some.
JFT96

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 28771
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby nikkiboy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Bag Carrier wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Tony Eccles
Steve Grubb
James Richardson
Justin Pipe
Richie Howson
Paddy Meaney


How many of those and others that were in contention for sponsorship still post on here?



Funny how they were all active when the money was on offer.


Indeed, I was certain that you were only hanging around in the hope that it was your turn next lol



I’m still here and was here long before they even started the scheme.I don’t chase money like some.

BDO through and through :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

Garry Murphy
International
Posts: 5516
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: TSOD Players Sponsorship Scheme

Postby Garry Murphy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:47 pm

this whole thing was a complete failure and a waste of time

^^placeholder for someone to cry and claim since i never contributed I am not allowed give an opinion and overall assessment on the whole thing**
Image


Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], ChrisW, foggs3355 and 68 guests