Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
PVDarts501
Brass Darts
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby PVDarts501 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Had an interview with Lorraine Winstanley regarding the PDC World Championship announcement.

https://dartsnews.com/exclusive-winstanley-fears-obstacles-from-bdo-side-after-world-championship-announcement/

Robson
The Ton Club
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 am

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby Robson » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:10 pm

I wont be happy with the Jacklins if they block the women from playing ally pally - The PDC are finally trying to give everyone a piece of the pie- The BDO are meant to be an organisation that looks out for everyone on darts - How are they doing that by blocking women from playing an event where they could earn some serious coin - Doesnt make any sense does it - Its the BDOs fault they are in this mess through lack of business sense - Dont take it out on the players -

Robson

User avatar
foggy
Superleague Player
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:43 am
Location: Notts

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby foggy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:18 pm

Nailed on there will be a spanner thrown in the works.

markymark
County Player
Posts: 2297
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 am

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby markymark » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:35 pm

If a spanner is thrown in, who looks like the bad guys?

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23209
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby Paddy McGinty » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:11 pm

The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6616
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby DavidOwen67 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.

BDO could have had 2 million quid 9 years ago.

They missed that boat. Tough.

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23209
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby Paddy McGinty » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:41 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.

BDO could have had 2 million quid 9 years ago.

They missed that boat. Tough.


Poppy cock........talk is cheap.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Case
Pub Champion
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby Case » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:49 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.

BDO could have had 2 million quid 9 years ago.

They missed that boat. Tough.


2 million would have insta-PDC'd them?

Reinier
The Ton Club
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby Reinier » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:20 pm

If a lady player makes an impact at Ally Pally, what an enormous interest it would create for the ladies World Championship at Lakeside. And with that, extra interest for the men's. It should be a no brainer for the BDO.

WCDPA
International
Posts: 19015
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby WCDPA » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:25 pm

markymark wrote:If a spanner is thrown in, who looks like the bad guys?


My gut feeling is no action for entering qualifiers because they allow the men to play PDC Events that carry an Ally Pally place , but think they will ban the 2 who qualify from bdo ladies world champs , and after last years decision to ban Ratajski couldn’t complain about that .

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8323
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am
Contact:

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby devosteve » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Reinier wrote:If a lady player makes an impact at Ally Pally, what an enormous interest it would create for the ladies World Championship at Lakeside. And with that, extra interest for the men's. It should be a no brainer for the BDO.


My thoughts as well . I think both Lisa Ashton and Anna said they had massive media interest after they were featured on the BBC website re this story.

great publicity for the pdc. But also great publicity for ladies darts. Thus if handled correctly great publicity for the bdo ladies world championships at lakeside!

A bdo ban will look very bad for the bdo. Wonder what the TV channel that will show lakeside will think? 2 ladies will get incredible media coverage but yet are thrown out of lakeside!

Common sense may prevail with the new board.
New Traditionalists.

User avatar
Sawley Al
Steady Sixties
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:26 am

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby Sawley Al » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Now free from the "just joking" and "trolling" shite of IFM and others, I openly admit to fully sponsoring someone on the CT tour and also part sponsoring someone on the ladies BDO tour. Regarding the PDC World Championsip offering two places to women, why not? Her from Lincs has been moaning about equal money and opportunities etc for a while now, but will she enter? NO! My interest in the Ladies has made her decision and will be entering the UK based -if correct- qualifiers. As will at least half a dozen other current top 16 ranked ladies, probably more if the Jacklins fail to take over the BDO

Robson
The Ton Club
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 am

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby Robson » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:49 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.

BDO could have had 2 million quid 9 years ago.

They missed that boat. Tough.

I dont blame them for turning Hearn down back then - They were doing ok - They have messed up since then -

Robson

WCDPA
International
Posts: 19015
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby WCDPA » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Sawley Al wrote:Now free from the "just joking" and "trolling" shite of IFM and others, I openly admit to fully sponsoring someone on the CT tour and also part sponsoring someone on the ladies BDO tour. Regarding the PDC World Championsip offering two places to women, why not? Her from Lincs has been moaning about equal money and opportunities etc for a while now, but will she enter? NO! My interest in the Ladies has made her decision and will be entering the UK based -if correct- qualifiers. As will at least half a dozen other current top 16 ranked ladies, probably more if the Jacklins fail to take over the BDO


Do you agree Sawley Al that bdo will ban thec2 who qualify ? After their stance last year will probably have too, Deta has asked the board for a statement regarding the bdo’s position on this event hopefully an answer will be forthcoming , to me it’s a no brainier to enter even if you get banned from ladies BDO WC .

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6616
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby DavidOwen67 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.

BDO could have had 2 million quid 9 years ago.

They missed that boat. Tough.

I dont blame them for turning Hearn down back then - They were doing ok - They have messed up since then -

Robson
Something about Minions.

Robson
The Ton Club
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 am

Re: RE: Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby Robson » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:53 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.

BDO could have had 2 million quid 9 years ago.

They missed that boat. Tough.

I dont blame them for turning Hearn down back then - They were doing ok - They have messed up since then -

Robson
Something about Minions.

I beg your pardon -

Robson

User avatar
Sawley Al
Steady Sixties
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:26 am

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby Sawley Al » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:04 pm

WCDPA wrote:
Sawley Al wrote:Now free from the "just joking" and "trolling" shite of IFM and others, I openly admit to fully sponsoring someone on the CT tour and also part sponsoring someone on the ladies BDO tour. Regarding the PDC World Championsip offering two places to women, why not? Her from Lincs has been moaning about equal money and opportunities etc for a while now, but will she enter? NO! My interest in the Ladies has made her decision and will be entering the UK based -if correct- qualifiers. As will at least half a dozen other current top 16 ranked ladies, probably more if the Jacklins fail to take over the BDO


Do you agree Sawley Al that bdo will ban thec2 who qualify ? After their stance last year will probably have too, Deta has asked the board for a statement regarding the bdo’s position on this event hopefully an answer will be forthcoming , to me it’s a no brainier to enter even if you get banned from ladies BDO WC .


I think its time for the women to grow a pair of balls more so now than the spineless male eunuchs over the past 25 years. TBH Paul, Deta has feck all to lose now compared to the younger gals.The BDO will in the current guise ban the ladies participating in any PDC sanctioned event probably because it may benefit some top 16 ranked woman earning more than normal and play into the hands of those from a certain county.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 9678
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby oche balboa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:18 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.

BDO could have had 2 million quid 9 years ago.

They missed that boat. Tough.



This is a comment from someone who wants to be chairman of cheshire

You would be a sell out David Owen ...
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

The Jolly Man
County Player
Posts: 4574
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby The Jolly Man » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:21 pm

WCDPA wrote:
Sawley Al wrote:Now free from the "just joking" and "trolling" shite of IFM and others, I openly admit to fully sponsoring someone on the CT tour and also part sponsoring someone on the ladies BDO tour. Regarding the PDC World Championsip offering two places to women, why not? Her from Lincs has been moaning about equal money and opportunities etc for a while now, but will she enter? NO! My interest in the Ladies has made her decision and will be entering the UK based -if correct- qualifiers. As will at least half a dozen other current top 16 ranked ladies, probably more if the Jacklins fail to take over the BDO


Do you agree Sawley Al that bdo will ban thec2 who qualify ? After their stance last year will probably have too, Deta has asked the board for a statement regarding the bdo’s position on this event hopefully an answer will be forthcoming , to me it’s a no brainier to enter even if you get banned from ladies BDO WC .


Was Ratajski banned by the BDO or forced not to go by the PDC contract?

oche balboa
International
Posts: 9678
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Postby oche balboa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:22 pm

He was offered the choice and chose Ally Pally
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.


Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlueSpark, BOOM, Buzz Fledderjohn, dartsyoungun, oche balboa, PreciesJJ, Reinier, Si Robin, Skewball and 71 guests