Is MVG Overrated

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Robson
The Ton Club

Is MVG Overrated

Post by Robson »

MVG is the best talent in the history of TV darts - But that doesnt make him the best player - Hes great on the floor - But crumbles too often at major events - This year alone - He crumbled at the Worlds - UK Open - And the big World Series event the PDC held - Look at the Matchplay and Grand Prix last year as well - He just doesnt handle pressure well - This is why a Champion vs Champion game on TV could go either way - MVG is a better talent than Durrant - And would start as favourite - But MVG has a bit of inconsistency in his game - Durrant could stay with him until crunch time - And then MVG might crumble under the hot lights as he often does - Durrant is good under pressure - He closed it out at Lakside this year - And didnt crumble against Darius at the World Trophy - Thats why hes my player of the year so far -Hes not cracked at major events like MVG has -

I rank MVG in the top 10 players ever - But I dont think he will ever be as good as Lowe Taylor and Bristow - Hes more talented - But he hasnt got the bottle - He plays against poor competition as well - The PDC has more depth than ever but they dont have many elite players - Wade and Wright were never that good - Anderson Lewis and RVB are all past it- Thats why I think MVG overrated -

Robson
Chef from Sweden
Brass Darts

Re: Is MVG Overrated

Post by Chef from Sweden »

Just look at his stats - never seen better before - destroys everyone if he needs to - most wins in 1 year - 6 times in a row nr 1 in PL - should I continue?

And - please - stop using - it's getting embarassing -
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

It is a shame when many who could hold MVG to account still reside in the BDO, I suppose now it has become totally clear which is the easier path.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nets being cast out nice and early this morning I see.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Nets being cast out nice and early this morning I see.
You know yourself that many good players in the PDC never amounted to much within the tougher BDO system, it's not just about raw talent.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ah it’s ifm.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote:Ah it’s ifm.
He was never known for posting in the middle of the British night.

Methinks it is Dog.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Dog wasn't that literate was he?
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

No. I cant stand the fraggle but no doubting he is the best at the minute.
Thinking of one.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Has MVG won this yet?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote:Dog wasn't that literate was he?
Fair point. Might be a Yank from the time of the OP actually, half 11 at night EST, 10.30 pm Central.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Dog wasn't that literate was he?
Fair point. Might be a Yank from the time of the OP actually, half 11 at night EST, 10.30 pm Central.
And uses 'Shooter.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

An old dog rarely changes it's spots.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Just to clear something up - I am American - Dont think that should be a problem -

Robson
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

MVG would win everything in the BDO on the floor - But how would he handle Lakeside - He wilted last time - He was a kid back then - But he doesnt handle pressure well today - Again not saying he isnt the best talent - But he doesnt have much bottle -

Robson
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Robson wrote:Just to clear something up - I am American - Dont think that should be a problem -

Robson
No, the problem is, that, judged by your posting style and contents, you are either too dense to find your own arse in the dark or a bad, bad troll.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Robson wrote:MVG is the best talent in the history of TV darts - But that doesnt make him the best player - Hes great on the floor - But crumbles too often at major events - This year alone - He crumbled at the Worlds - UK Open - And the big World Series event the PDC held - Look at the Matchplay and Grand Prix last year as well - He just doesnt handle pressure well -

So MVG is not that great cos he is not winning enough

Other shrooms complaining MVG wins too much.( disregarding their own bdo player Durrant who won lakeside, masters, finder, catastrophy etc)

Seems to me shrooms want to moan regardless and are moaning when he loses and moaning when he wins, and I am not even an MVG fan
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Robson wrote:MVG is the best talent in the history of TV darts - But that doesnt make him the best player - Hes great on the floor - But crumbles too often at major events - This year alone - He crumbled at the Worlds - UK Open - And the big World Series event the PDC held - Look at the Matchplay and Grand Prix last year as well - He just doesnt handle pressure well -

Other shrooms complaining MVG wins too much.( disregarding their own bdo player Durrant who won lakeside, masters, finder, catastrophy etc)

Seems to me shrooms want to moan regardless and are moaning when he loses and moaning when he wins, and I am not even an MVG fan
Hes not that great because he cant handle pressure well -He often bottles it at major events -

Robson
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

Hes not that great because he cant handle pressure well -He often bottles it at major events -

Robson
How would you call Taylor's defeats to West, Van der Voort (WGP), Klaasen, Webster, Smith (Worlds), Aden Kirk (UK Open) then? Or defeats to MVG when Phil was leading by a few legs (Masters, Matchplay Grand Slam)? Losing a few teams doesn't mean you bottled it, it means you are not a robot.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

PVDarts501 wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

Robson
How would you call Taylor's defeats to West, Van der Voort (WGP), Klaasen, Webster, Smith (Worlds), Aden Kirk (UK Open) then? Or defeats to MVG when Phil was leading by a few legs (Masters, Matchplay Grand Slam)? Losing a few teams doesn't mean you bottled it, it means you are not a robot.
Dont react, he is the latest troll. Ignore him and he will go away.