Roland Scholten

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Ginge wrote:He's trying too hard now.


Typical Yank
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Vriezzer
Steady Sixties
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:27 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby Vriezzer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 pm

To survive, is to be victorious!

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:32 pm

Glad you posted that, I missed that evening.
Looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it.
Ta.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

Robson
The Ton Club
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 am

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby Robson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 pm


Thanks for posting bud -

Robson

Black Velvet
Superleague Player
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby Black Velvet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:39 pm

-

callataxi
Pub Champion
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:28 am
Location: kent

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby callataxi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Robson wrote:
phil davies wrote:Anyway aside from all the above always liked Scholten great bloke and I think a bit underrated shame about his shoulder injury otherwise he would have carried on in the top 16 for few more years and who knows could possibly still be playing in the top 32 now.

Thanks for the mature response bud - I think a younger Roland would be cleaning up on todays PDC tour - Probably win a few majors and floor events - He could beat anyone in his time - Other than Mr Taylor -

Robson


Cleaning up ? He was no better than a chisnall or Ian white . Good solid pro who could maintain maybe an 8-20 ranking
in today’s game on his best level . Yes might make business end of the odd major and do well on tour , but no more than a
lot of today’s players in the top 32 .

Dazzla501
Steady Sixties
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:04 am

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby Dazzla501 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:31 pm

callataxi wrote:
Robson wrote:
phil davies wrote:Anyway aside from all the above always liked Scholten great bloke and I think a bit underrated shame about his shoulder injury otherwise he would have carried on in the top 16 for few more years and who knows could possibly still be playing in the top 32 now.

Thanks for the mature response bud - I think a younger Roland would be cleaning up on todays PDC tour - Probably win a few majors and floor events - He could beat anyone in his time - Other than Mr Taylor -

Robson


Cleaning up ? He was no better than a chisnall or Ian white . Good solid pro who could maintain maybe an 8-20 ranking
in today’s game on his best level . Yes might make business end of the odd major and do well on tour , but no more than a
lot of today’s players in the top 32 .


Exactly this. I put him marginally above your Whites and Norris’s of this world so he would be making a decent living out of darts still thats for sure.

Robson
The Ton Club
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 am

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby Robson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:41 pm

He was better than White and Norris - Bit better than Chisnell as well - More consistent - I think Roland would win a lot on the PDC floor - His only problem back in the day was Mr Taylor - No one as good as Taylor about today -

Robson

User avatar
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod
Posts: 6584
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby Lee Taylor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:08 am

Robson wrote:He was better than White and Norris - Bit better than Chisnell as well - More consistent - I think Roland would win a lot on the PDC floor - His only problem back in the day was Mr Taylor - No one as good as Taylor about today -

Robson


Really...!

Robson
The Ton Club
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 am

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby Robson » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Lee Taylor wrote:
Robson wrote:He was better than White and Norris - Bit better than Chisnell as well - More consistent - I think Roland would win a lot on the PDC floor - His only problem back in the day was Mr Taylor - No one as good as Taylor about today -

Robson


Really...!

MVG is as talented as Taylor - But cracks under pressure at big TV events - Roland would have won a lot more if he was playing now -

Robson

Black Velvet
Superleague Player
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby Black Velvet » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:21 pm

-

TheSandman
Superleague Player
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby TheSandman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Stevie the Poet got banned for talking less shit than this Robson multiple.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 5981
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Aberystwyth

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby phil davies » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:40 pm

I had forgot about Stevie the poet :DDD:
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 14574
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby ssjsa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:08 pm

TheSandman wrote:Stevie the Poet got banned for talking less shit than this Robson multiple.


It's Stevie the Bard of Fife Sandman. Given your heritage and country of residence, would have thought you would be au fait with this. :grin:
Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner

TheSandman
Superleague Player
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby TheSandman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:04 pm

ssjsa wrote:
TheSandman wrote:Stevie the Poet got banned for talking less shit than this Robson multiple.


It's Stevie the Bard of Fife Sandman. Given your heritage and country of residence, would have thought you would be au fait with this. :grin:


Come on fife is a different country. Speak a foreign language over that way. Can see why no one could understand Stevie much.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 14574
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Roland Scholten

Postby ssjsa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:31 pm

TheSandman wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
TheSandman wrote:Stevie the Poet got banned for talking less shit than this Robson multiple.


It's Stevie the Bard of Fife Sandman. Given your heritage and country of residence, would have thought you would be au fait with this. :grin:


Come on fife is a different country. Speak a foreign language over that way. Can see why no one could understand Stevie much.


Stevie the Bard had a lot going for him. Celtic supporter, phenomenal darts player and articulate poster.

Then again, perhaps not. :grin:
Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner


Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlueSpark, craigmc, Dannyboy, Darts05, devosteve, foggy, Johnny Tapia, Paddy McGinty, PreciesJJ and 48 guests