EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:57 am
Location: Lancs

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby Wubbalubbadubdub » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:05 am

ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:.
Oh well start 11am in the Pentathlon with a great ladies line up !


Is the Pentathalon being streamed at all?


No El Ringo would accuse us of wasting more money , our “freebie” deal doesnt include extra days .


I think the Pentathalon is an event in which the BDO/EDO are missing a trick. It's an interesting and different event to anything that PDC run.

Most people say they are bored of the same players, whereas I think it's down to the same old format of 501.
I'd like to see "Half It" played a lot more as it's a game that can accomodate people who aren't the best 501 players out there.
Many a time in the pub when we've started a game of "half it" we usually end up with a few "none" darters involved and a little bit of a crowd if we start barricking each other.

Had some great epic games of Half it. Like you say sometimes the players you least expect can win this.


A bloke who nows plays for us, joined in when he didn't play darts and his first game of half it. He ended up needing 2 bulls to win it and he hit them to absolute astonishment.

If the entertainment isn't available in 501 to the BDO/EDO could this be a chance to add some excitement and something different.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 27917
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby nikkiboy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:06 am

ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:.
Oh well start 11am in the Pentathlon with a great ladies line up !


Is the Pentathalon being streamed at all?


No El Ringo would accuse us of wasting more money , our “freebie” deal doesnt include extra days .


I think the Pentathalon is an event in which the BDO/EDO are missing a trick. It's an interesting and different event to anything that PDC run.

Most people say they are bored of the same players, whereas I think it's down to the same old format of 501.
I'd like to see "Half It" played a lot more as it's a game that can accomodate people who aren't the best 501 players out there.
Many a time in the pub when we've started a game of "half it" we usually end up with a few "none" darters involved and a little bit of a crowd if we start barricking each other.

Had some great epic games of Half it. Like you say sometimes the players you least expect can win this.

Remember the Flower's dartathlon being televised back in the olden days, as you both say it's difference is it's USP.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 27917
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby nikkiboy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Is the Pentathalon being streamed at all?


No El Ringo would accuse us of wasting more money , our “freebie” deal doesnt include extra days .


I think the Pentathalon is an event in which the BDO/EDO are missing a trick. It's an interesting and different event to anything that PDC run.

Most people say they are bored of the same players, whereas I think it's down to the same old format of 501.
I'd like to see "Half It" played a lot more as it's a game that can accomodate people who aren't the best 501 players out there.
Many a time in the pub when we've started a game of "half it" we usually end up with a few "none" darters involved and a little bit of a crowd if we start barricking each other.

Had some great epic games of Half it. Like you say sometimes the players you least expect can win this.


A bloke who nows plays for us, joined in when he didn't play darts and his first game of half it. He ended up needing 2 bulls to win it and he hit them to absolute astonishment.

If the entertainment isn't available in 501 to the BDO/EDO could this be a chance to add some excitement and something different.

When we wanted to play for money in the pub it was always half it or small 3, used to get 10-15 people per round and £2 a game it was a nice earner playing that on a Sunday lunchtime.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
London Eye
Steady Sixties
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby London Eye » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 am

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Is the Pentathalon being streamed at all?


No El Ringo would accuse us of wasting more money , our “freebie” deal doesnt include extra days .


I think the Pentathalon is an event in which the BDO/EDO are missing a trick. It's an interesting and different event to anything that PDC run.

Most people say they are bored of the same players, whereas I think it's down to the same old format of 501.
I'd like to see "Half It" played a lot more as it's a game that can accomodate people who aren't the best 501 players out there.
Many a time in the pub when we've started a game of "half it" we usually end up with a few "none" darters involved and a little bit of a crowd if we start barricking each other.

Had some great epic games of Half it. Like you say sometimes the players you least expect can win this.




If the entertainment isn't available in 501 to the BDO/EDO could this be a chance to add some excitement and something different.


:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:

User avatar
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:57 am
Location: Lancs

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby Wubbalubbadubdub » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 am

nikkiboy wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
No El Ringo would accuse us of wasting more money , our “freebie” deal doesnt include extra days .


I think the Pentathalon is an event in which the BDO/EDO are missing a trick. It's an interesting and different event to anything that PDC run.

Most people say they are bored of the same players, whereas I think it's down to the same old format of 501.
I'd like to see "Half It" played a lot more as it's a game that can accomodate people who aren't the best 501 players out there.
Many a time in the pub when we've started a game of "half it" we usually end up with a few "none" darters involved and a little bit of a crowd if we start barricking each other.

Had some great epic games of Half it. Like you say sometimes the players you least expect can win this.


A bloke who nows plays for us, joined in when he didn't play darts and his first game of half it. He ended up needing 2 bulls to win it and he hit them to absolute astonishment.

If the entertainment isn't available in 501 to the BDO/EDO could this be a chance to add some excitement and something different.

When we wanted to play for money in the pub it was always half it or small 3, used to get 10-15 people per round and £2 a game it was a nice earner playing that on a Sunday lunchtime.


I dont remember the "Flowers Dartathalon" (im 43).

We played for 20p each player which meant with ten players you got 11 songs on the jukebox.We always kept it small stakes so anyone could join in.

User avatar
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:57 am
Location: Lancs

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby Wubbalubbadubdub » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 am

London Eye wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
No El Ringo would accuse us of wasting more money , our “freebie” deal doesnt include extra days .


I think the Pentathalon is an event in which the BDO/EDO are missing a trick. It's an interesting and different event to anything that PDC run.

Most people say they are bored of the same players, whereas I think it's down to the same old format of 501.
I'd like to see "Half It" played a lot more as it's a game that can accomodate people who aren't the best 501 players out there.
Many a time in the pub when we've started a game of "half it" we usually end up with a few "none" darters involved and a little bit of a crowd if we start barricking each other.

Had some great epic games of Half it. Like you say sometimes the players you least expect can win this.




If the entertainment isn't available in 501 to the BDO/EDO could this be a chance to add some excitement and something different.


:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:


Which part and why ?

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 20961
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby ChrisW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 pm

tvselsey.JPG
tvselsey.JPG (164.14 KiB) Viewed 315 times


Spot the deliberate mistake. :)

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 55722
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby Ginge » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Saturday 16th June, eh?

Then again as amateurs its acceptable to be making mistakes all the time. Or something.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 20961
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby ChrisW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Ginge wrote:Saturday 16th June, eh?

Then again as amateurs its acceptable to be making mistakes all the time. Or something.

Eh?

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 55722
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby Ginge » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:23 pm

In the net.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 20961
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby ChrisW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Ginge wrote:In the net.

Do what now? :DDD:

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 27917
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby nikkiboy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Ginge wrote:Saturday 16th June, eh?

Then again as amateurs its acceptable to be making mistakes all the time. Or something.

What mistakes?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 55722
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby Ginge » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:50 pm

And another.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

oche balboa
International
Posts: 9134
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby oche balboa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 pm

No mistakes at all

Penathlon is going on currently
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

Case
Pub Champion
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby Case » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Ginge wrote:And another.


That's some faulty sense of humour you got here...

el_ringo
Superleague Player
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby el_ringo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
I dont remember the "Flowers Dartathalon" (im 43).



Nor me and I am older than that and have seen every world championships from inception.

It doesn't work having any format that isn't known to the mass viewing public.

Darts works on TV cos its simple , easy to understand and gives an excitement moment at the end of every quick game for the finish & a winner or loser of every game.

The PDC found this with the equal darts experiment it just doesn't work as good as a conventional game of 501 does.

Pentathlon just isn't like this and to be honest if it was ever going to have made it as a 'televised' tournament it would of happened back in the golden days when Bristow , Lowe, Jocky etc were all household names and could of brought in some fan base to hopefully watch and pick it up

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 20961
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby ChrisW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Still nobody spotted the mistake?

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 13833
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby ssjsa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Tweet from Oche.

Ladies Pentathlon was played today.

Here were the top 10 scores #BDO

Aileen De Graaf 304
Lorraine Winstanley 294
Trina Gulliver 288
Casey Gallagher 270
Sharon Prins 269
Brenda Dyer 264
Deta Hedman 259
Kirsti Viinkeinen 245
Rachel Brooks 240
Vicky Prium 237
Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 20961
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby ChrisW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 pm

ssjsa wrote:Tweet from Oche.

Ladies Pentathlon was played today.

Here were the top 10 scores #BDO

Aileen De Graaf 304
Lorraine Winstanley 294
Trina Gulliver 288
Casey Gallagher 270
Sharon Prins 269
Brenda Dyer 264
Deta Hedman 259
Kirsti Viinkeinen 245
Rachel Brooks 240
Vicky Prium 237

Come on Aileen!
Do we know how this relates to previous years, i.e score.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 6316
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: EDO Selsey darting extravaganza thread

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:38 pm

We do.
No one cared in previous years either.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner


Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: billyd, Buzz Fledderjohn, devosteve, Heise IT-Markt [Crawler], kevj77, markymark, oche balboa, Reinier, ssjsa, The Master, whatty180 and 91 guests