Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22843
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby ChrisW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 pm

2017, 2018, ??
Could it be done again?

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58252
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby Ginge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:37 pm

Yes, he has absolutely no competition.

If him and MvG were odds on for their respective events, I would pick Durrant to lump on.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22843
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby ChrisW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Ginge wrote:Yes, he has absolutely no competition.

If him and MvG were odds on for their respective events, I would pick Durrant to lump on.

Well a well thought out post is not what i expected :)

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58252
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby Ginge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Sorry to disappoint.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22843
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby ChrisW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Current odds offered at Bwin

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (149.28 KiB) Viewed 620 times

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58252
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby Ginge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Not quite odds on there. He will go off below evens, IMO.

Adams 20th favourite (dunno why Parletti has no odds listed there) is just plain ridiculous, given he is nowhere near qualifying for it.
Last edited by Ginge on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22843
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby ChrisW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Ginge wrote:Not quite odds on there. He will go off below evens, IMO.

Has there ever been a below evens for an pre-tournament outright?

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58252
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby Ginge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:Not quite odds on there. He will go off below evens, IMO.

Has there ever been a below evens for an pre-tournament outright?


Think Durrant was 10/11 or similar last time out?
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22843
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby ChrisW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:Not quite odds on there. He will go off below evens, IMO.

Has there ever been a below evens for an pre-tournament outright?


Think Durrant was 10/11 or similar last time out?

Wasn't it MVG ws 8/11 and Duzza was 2/1

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58252
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby Ginge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:57 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:Not quite odds on there. He will go off below evens, IMO.

Has there ever been a below evens for an pre-tournament outright?


Think Durrant was 10/11 or similar last time out?

Wasn't it MVG ws 8/11 and Duzza was 2/1


No idea. I remember a discussion where both were odds on, might be in an old thread.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7535
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:19 pm

In fairness, Hogan should have beaten him and McGeeney had him by the bollocks this year and bottled it.
I'll be surprised if he doesn't win it again and after playing hardly any events either.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

Astonvilla
Superleague Player
Posts: 1306
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby Astonvilla » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Id have Durrants price at around 4-6 at present. Some of the bigger prices quoted there are appalling value. Is there 1 zero or 2 missed off the end of Reynolds price?

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 15642
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby ssjsa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Durrant a great bet at evens.

The only 2 players who I would give a chance to beat him is Paul Hogan and Andy Hamilton who given he is a former PDC World Championship finalist is used to the big stage pressure a match against Glen would bring.

Why is there no odds on Hogan. I thought according to Oche's ranking tables he is top of the non qualified British rankings.
Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22843
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby ChrisW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 pm

ssjsa wrote:Durrant a great bet at evens.

The only 2 players who I would give a chance to beat him is Paul Hogan and Andy Hamilton who given he is a former PDC World Championship finalist is used to the big stage pressure a match against Glen would bring.

Why is there no odds on Hogan. I thought according to Oche's ranking tables he is top of the non qualified British rankings.

Because at the moment the event is not properly confirmed and the players aren't either.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58252
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby Ginge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 pm

ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Durrant a great bet at evens.

The only 2 players who I would give a chance to beat him is Paul Hogan and Andy Hamilton who given he is a former PDC World Championship finalist is used to the big stage pressure a match against Glen would bring.

Why is there no odds on Hogan. I thought according to Oche's ranking tables he is top of the non qualified British rankings.

Because at the moment the event is not properly confirmed and the players aren't either.


Plus the bookies are generally useless in pricing up these markets anyway due to the total lack of media coverage the BDO get.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby el_ringo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 pm

BlueSpark wrote:In fairness, Hogan should have beaten him and McGeeney had him by the bollocks this year and bottled it.


McGeeney should also have won that as he he became the 2nd man after Judus to have darts to be World Champion and never win it.

I wonder how many Durrant will have to win to get to £300k in prize money

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22843
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby ChrisW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 pm

el_ringo wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:In fairness, Hogan should have beaten him and McGeeney had him by the bollocks this year and bottled it.


McGeeney should also have won that as he he became the 2nd man after Judus to have darts to be World Champion and never win it.

I wonder how many Durrant will have to win to get to £300k in prize money

Are you planning on joining the forum shindig this year?

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7535
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 pm

ChrisW wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:In fairness, Hogan should have beaten him and McGeeney had him by the bollocks this year and bottled it.


McGeeney should also have won that as he he became the 2nd man after Judus to have darts to be World Champion and never win it.

I wonder how many Durrant will have to win to get to £300k in prize money

Are you planning on joining the forum shindig this year?


Are you?
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
ChrisW
International
Posts: 22843
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht
Contact:

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby ChrisW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:46 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:In fairness, Hogan should have beaten him and McGeeney had him by the bollocks this year and bottled it.


McGeeney should also have won that as he he became the 2nd man after Judus to have darts to be World Champion and never win it.

I wonder how many Durrant will have to win to get to £300k in prize money

Are you planning on joining the forum shindig this year?


Are you?

Yep I have been thinking about it. Might be my last chance.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 28888
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Can Durrant make it three in a row?

Postby nikkiboy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Mcgeeney at 11-1 has to be a bet

Can you get insurance on Dave Parletti?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am


Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chateauman, Dannyboy, tapsa and 34 guests