2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by el_ringo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:16 pm

MancheStar wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Wonder why Scott Mitchell isn’t giving it a go?
There isn't enough time each day to allow for him to walk to the board to get his darts

DavidB
International
Posts: 5275
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by DavidB » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 pm

That easy folks...

clemy1989
The Ton Club
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by clemy1989 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm

In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.

User avatar
Chambord
The Ton Club
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:55 am
Location: RO
Contact:

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Chambord » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Durrant will NOT get a Tour card this year. He admitted himself he can't throw a dart a week after the Lakeside final. Wish there was some bookie where to bet on this.

clemy1989
The Ton Club
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by clemy1989 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:46 pm

I still think he will get through, but if not he would be one which i would expect to get to pro-tour events via the method in my previous comment.

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 590
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by 1205 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Chambord wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 pm
Durrant will NOT get a Tour card this year. He admitted himself he can't throw a dart a week after the Lakeside final. Wish there was some bookie where to bet on this.
Durrant always talks himself down. His "can't throw a dart" will be better than an awful lot of other players.

I could see him getting through on the points list due to his consistency. Even "struggling" at the BDO he still had averages that were all equivalent to fewer than 16 darts.

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 590
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by 1205 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:12 pm

clemy1989 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm
In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.
As far as I'm aware, only _Full_ PDC tour members sign the PDC contract which has the exclusivity rules.

PS In hunting I came across this page https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdc-tours/challenge-tour-2/
"indicated with an asterix *". "Lacksadaisical" of the person who created that page.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:27 pm

clemy1989 wrote:In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.
I made this point last year but it was never really confirmed

With the bdo removing their eligibility rules there is no issue on their side just whether Barry is happy

And apparently the pdc is going to getting tougher this year with the rumours that ladies will have to chose for next years worlds

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 pm

1205 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm
Chambord wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 pm
Durrant will NOT get a Tour card this year. He admitted himself he can't throw a dart a week after the Lakeside final. Wish there was some bookie where to bet on this.
Durrant always talks himself down. His "can't throw a dart" will be better than an awful lot of other players.

I could see him getting through on the points list due to his consistency. Even "struggling" at the BDO he still had averages that were all equivalent to fewer than 16 darts.
If you take what Duzza says at face value, you'd be forgiven for thinking he's just a pub player...

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Chambord wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 pm
Durrant will NOT get a Tour card this year. He admitted himself he can't throw a dart a week after the Lakeside final. Wish there was some bookie where to bet on this.
I'd imagine he's in a better place this year to play well, this year's final didn't have anywhere near the same amount of drama

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 590
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by 1205 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:27 pm
clemy1989 wrote:In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.
I made this point last year but it was never really confirmed

With the bdo removing their eligibility rules there is no issue on their side just whether Barry is happy

And apparently the pdc is going to getting tougher this year with the rumours that ladies will have to chose for next years worlds
Where does this stuff come from? If they're going to make them choose, they'll need to do a lot more than have a couple of 7.5k winner-takes-all qualifiers. But maybe that's where the missing 1.5 million quid in prize money has gone. :roll:
Last edited by 1205 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 10587
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by oche balboa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:27 pm
clemy1989 wrote:In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.
I made this point last year but it was never really confirmed

With the bdo removing their eligibility rules there is no issue on their side just whether Barry is happy

And apparently the pdc is going to getting tougher this year with the rumours that ladies will have to chose for next years worlds

Seems a strange decision if true there’s no issue this year
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8685
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by devosteve » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Duzza got it made this year.

Gets a card: focus on ally pally.

doesn't get a card: focus on ct knowing he has an invite to lakeside so can see how he goes re ally pally qualification (and how he is playing) and make a choice later in the year.

Not great for the bdo but what could they do?
Whip it!

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7489
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by phil davies » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Just looking at the 8 that cane trhough from the UK on the days last year.

Obvioauly you have Cadby who did excellently whislt here. Tavern who did well and looks set to easily keep his card after next year (already 65th OOM). But then the other 6 are nowhere near securing their card after next year ranges from the likes of Murschell and Monk who did okay but not very well to all the way down to Dotson who made less than £2000.

Wonder if this years 8 will be a bit stronger overall.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm

1205 wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:27 pm
clemy1989 wrote:In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.
I made this point last year but it was never really confirmed

With the bdo removing their eligibility rules there is no issue on their side just whether Barry is happy

And apparently the pdc is going to getting tougher this year with the rumours that ladies will have to chose for next years worlds
Where does this stuff come from? If they're going to make them choose, they'll need to do a lot more than have a couple of 7.5k winner-takes-all qualifiers. But maybe that's where the missing 1.5 million quid in prize money has gone. :roll:
Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

I think the number of women entering qschool is the guide to see how many women are willing to switch sides, being that if they got a tour card they would no longer be able to enter ladies events in the bdo. I’ve said it before that if that number gets anywhere near say 64 I can see Barry offering them ladies challenge events.

I also think last year was the incentive to show the ladies what they could do and to see how much the media would pick it. Most media ran stories about it and over 200 entered the qualifiers, I can 100% see them using the same excuse as tour card holders saying “our sponsors don’t want the ladies qualifiers entering events by different organisations”

masticman
Superleague Player
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by masticman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:39 pm

So if glen or anyone else who gets a tour card. Wot sort of money will they need on the players oom to get to the worlds or the match play.

Dannyboy
International
Posts: 8853
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Dannyboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:01 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:54 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:27 pm
clemy1989 wrote:In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.
I made this point last year but it was never really confirmed

With the bdo removing their eligibility rules there is no issue on their side just whether Barry is happy

And apparently the pdc is going to getting tougher this year with the rumours that ladies will have to chose for next years worlds

Seems a strange decision if true there’s no issue this year
Apart from the fact that they’re able to enter both increasing their chances of winning prize money.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:01 pm

masticman wrote:So if glen or anyone else who gets a tour card. Wot sort of money will they need on the players oom to get to the worlds or the match play.
About 20k in a year to get to the worlds

Need about 25k by mid June to get to the match play

Uk open is a guarantee now the rules have changed

55k by January will get him into the tour card spots

A mix of pro tour and euro tour events could get him them easily if he played well

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 590
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by 1205 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm
Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

I think the number of women entering qschool is the guide to see how many women are willing to switch sides, being that if they got a tour card they would no longer be able to enter ladies events in the bdo. I’ve said it before that if that number gets anywhere near say 64 I can see Barry offering them ladies challenge events.

I also think last year was the incentive to show the ladies what they could do and to see how much the media would pick it. Most media ran stories about it and over 200 entered the qualifiers, I can 100% see them using the same excuse as tour card holders saying “our sponsors don’t want the ladies qualifiers entering events by different organisations”
Ashton and Dobromyslova qualified, got 1 televised game at the PDC World Championships and then disappeared again.
They each got 7.5k and the rest of the women got _nothing_.

If the PDC is asking them to make a decision that would have a negative impact on the BDO women's darts, they'd need to do a lot more than 2 floor events behind closed doors, and 2 spots at Alexandra Palace.

Hearn has made it clear that there won't be a separate PDC women's tour, so if they _really_ want to support women's darts, they'll do no more than up the exposure on the women's qualifiers.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 3987
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:22 pm

1205 wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm
Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

I think the number of women entering qschool is the guide to see how many women are willing to switch sides, being that if they got a tour card they would no longer be able to enter ladies events in the bdo. I’ve said it before that if that number gets anywhere near say 64 I can see Barry offering them ladies challenge events.

I also think last year was the incentive to show the ladies what they could do and to see how much the media would pick it. Most media ran stories about it and over 200 entered the qualifiers, I can 100% see them using the same excuse as tour card holders saying “our sponsors don’t want the ladies qualifiers entering events by different organisations”
Ashton and Dobromyslova qualified, got 1 televised game at the PDC World Championships and then disappeared again.
They each got 7.5k and the rest of the women got _nothing_.

If the PDC is asking them to make a decision that would have a negative impact on the BDO women's darts, they'd need to do a lot more than 2 floor events behind closed doors, and 2 spots at Alexandra Palace.

Hearn has made it clear that there won't be a separate PDC women's tour, so if they _really_ want to support women's darts, they'll do no more than up the exposure on the women's qualifiers.
He said there wouldn’t be a women’s pro tour for the obvious unisex pro tour reasons

He specifically didn’t answer if there would be a women’s challenge or a range of events at a challenge tour level.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”