2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by 1205 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:22 pm
1205 wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm
Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

I think the number of women entering qschool is the guide to see how many women are willing to switch sides, being that if they got a tour card they would no longer be able to enter ladies events in the bdo. I’ve said it before that if that number gets anywhere near say 64 I can see Barry offering them ladies challenge events.

I also think last year was the incentive to show the ladies what they could do and to see how much the media would pick it. Most media ran stories about it and over 200 entered the qualifiers, I can 100% see them using the same excuse as tour card holders saying “our sponsors don’t want the ladies qualifiers entering events by different organisations”
Ashton and Dobromyslova qualified, got 1 televised game at the PDC World Championships and then disappeared again.
They each got 7.5k and the rest of the women got _nothing_.

If the PDC is asking them to make a decision that would have a negative impact on the BDO women's darts, they'd need to do a lot more than 2 floor events behind closed doors, and 2 spots at Alexandra Palace.

Hearn has made it clear that there won't be a separate PDC women's tour, so if they _really_ want to support women's darts, they'll do no more than up the exposure on the women's qualifiers.
He said there wouldn’t be a women’s pro tour for the obvious unisex pro tour reasons

He specifically didn’t answer if there would be a women’s challenge or a range of events at a challenge tour level.
No, but his repeated statement of "no favours" (despite the favour of the qualifiers and 2 spots) doesn't suggest that they're planning to do that. Everything he's said points to wanting one or more women to get their level high enough to qualify for the main tour and hoping that it happens in a few years time.

landofmyfathers
Feather Flights
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:41 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by landofmyfathers » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Can someone put a link up for latest entries
Many thanks

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8036
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 pm
Don't forget the ladies -

Confirmed:
Lisa Ashton
Deta Hedman
Fallon Sherrock
Corrine Hammond
Anastasia Dobromyslova

Any missed??
Nae Paula Jacklin?

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8036
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:53 pm

1205 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm
Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

I think the number of women entering qschool is the guide to see how many women are willing to switch sides, being that if they got a tour card they would no longer be able to enter ladies events in the bdo. I’ve said it before that if that number gets anywhere near say 64 I can see Barry offering them ladies challenge events.

I also think last year was the incentive to show the ladies what they could do and to see how much the media would pick it. Most media ran stories about it and over 200 entered the qualifiers, I can 100% see them using the same excuse as tour card holders saying “our sponsors don’t want the ladies qualifiers entering events by different organisations”
Ashton and Dobromyslova qualified, got 1 televised game at the PDC World Championships and then disappeared again.
They each got 7.5k and the rest of the women got _nothing_.

If the PDC is asking them to make a decision that would have a negative impact on the BDO women's darts, they'd need to do a lot more than 2 floor events behind closed doors, and 2 spots at Alexandra Palace.

Hearn has made it clear that there won't be a separate PDC women's tour, so if they _really_ want to support women's darts, they'll do no more than up the exposure on the women's qualifiers.
Yeah! That bastard Hearn only gave some BDO players £15K.

Why isn't he giving more to an organisation that he's not involved with?

It's outrageous!!

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8036
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:55 pm

landofmyfathers wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:46 pm
Can someone put a link up for latest entries
Many thanks
Find it yourself.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25080
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by ChrisW » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:01 pm

landofmyfathers wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:46 pm
Can someone put a link up for latest entries
Many thanks
https://tv.dartconnect.com/eventconfirmation/pdcukqs19

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by 1205 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:29 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:53 pm
1205 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm
Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

I think the number of women entering qschool is the guide to see how many women are willing to switch sides, being that if they got a tour card they would no longer be able to enter ladies events in the bdo. I’ve said it before that if that number gets anywhere near say 64 I can see Barry offering them ladies challenge events.

I also think last year was the incentive to show the ladies what they could do and to see how much the media would pick it. Most media ran stories about it and over 200 entered the qualifiers, I can 100% see them using the same excuse as tour card holders saying “our sponsors don’t want the ladies qualifiers entering events by different organisations”
Ashton and Dobromyslova qualified, got 1 televised game at the PDC World Championships and then disappeared again.
They each got 7.5k and the rest of the women got _nothing_.

If the PDC is asking them to make a decision that would have a negative impact on the BDO women's darts, they'd need to do a lot more than 2 floor events behind closed doors, and 2 spots at Alexandra Palace.

Hearn has made it clear that there won't be a separate PDC women's tour, so if they _really_ want to support women's darts, they'll do no more than up the exposure on the women's qualifiers.
Yeah! That bastard Hearn only gave some BDO players £15K.

Why isn't he giving more to an organisation that he's not involved with?

It's outrageous!!
I'm not critical of what the PDC did. In fact, I think it was great. But that's the _only_ thing they do for the women's game.

By not blocking them from playing both Championships they _added_ to the women's game.
But if they block them from playing both Championships then they would also _subtract_ something from the women's game by diminishing the competitiveness and value of the Women's World Championship.
That would putting the 2 qualifiers in a difficult position, could only cause animosity and would be likely to see more of the top female players skip the qualifiers.

I don't think the PDC are stupid enough to do that, and I think that any rumour that they'll do it is total bollocks.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8823
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by devosteve » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:32 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 pm
DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 pm
Don't forget the ladies -

Confirmed:
Lisa Ashton
Deta Hedman
Fallon Sherrock
Corrine Hammond
Anastasia Dobromyslova

Any missed??
Nae Paula Jacklin?
Why should she? She is the queen of lakeside. Camera always going to her as she cheered her favourites on.

seriously if the bdo make ladies darts more inclusive (from an international perspective ) she is out of lakeside. But she may soon have a leadership position, in some capacity, in ladies darts imo
Whip it!

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4003
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:35 pm

1205 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:29 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:53 pm
1205 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm
Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

I think the number of women entering qschool is the guide to see how many women are willing to switch sides, being that if they got a tour card they would no longer be able to enter ladies events in the bdo. I’ve said it before that if that number gets anywhere near say 64 I can see Barry offering them ladies challenge events.

I also think last year was the incentive to show the ladies what they could do and to see how much the media would pick it. Most media ran stories about it and over 200 entered the qualifiers, I can 100% see them using the same excuse as tour card holders saying “our sponsors don’t want the ladies qualifiers entering events by different organisations”
Ashton and Dobromyslova qualified, got 1 televised game at the PDC World Championships and then disappeared again.
They each got 7.5k and the rest of the women got _nothing_.

If the PDC is asking them to make a decision that would have a negative impact on the BDO women's darts, they'd need to do a lot more than 2 floor events behind closed doors, and 2 spots at Alexandra Palace.

Hearn has made it clear that there won't be a separate PDC women's tour, so if they _really_ want to support women's darts, they'll do no more than up the exposure on the women's qualifiers.
Yeah! That bastard Hearn only gave some BDO players £15K.

Why isn't he giving more to an organisation that he's not involved with?

It's outrageous!!
I'm not critical of what the PDC did. In fact, I think it was great. But that's the _only_ thing they do for the women's game.

By not blocking them from playing both Championships they _added_ to the women's game.
But if they block them from playing both Championships then they would also _subtract_ something from the women's game by diminishing the competitiveness and value of the Women's World Championship.
That would putting the 2 qualifiers in a difficult position, could only cause animosity and would be likely to see more of the top female players skip the qualifiers.

I don't think the PDC are stupid enough to do that, and I think that any rumour that they'll do it is total bollocks.
I dont think any female in the BDO is stupid enough to even consider not going to the PDC qualifier if they gave you a choice.

Guaranteed 7.5K and the most exposure and media interviews they have ever got, Lisa was front and center of all promotion the week before the worlds.

and your point makes zero sense because 5 of the top 6 ranked ladies have signed up for Qschool, saying they would turn their back on the BDO if they got a card.

Zeyes
International
Posts: 9515
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zeyes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 pm

...because they obviously all believe they have an excellent shot at winning one, and aren't just doing it for the Challenge Tour and/or as a show of gratitude.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25080
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by ChrisW » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:11 pm

Expensive box of chocolates :)

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4003
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Zeyes wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 pm
...because they obviously all believe they have an excellent shot at winning one, and aren't just doing it for the Challenge Tour and/or as a show of gratitude.
So now they are spending £450 on a show gratitude?

Makes the free qualifier quite expensive.

Astonvilla
Superleague Player
Posts: 1440
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Astonvilla » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:12 pm

How many people who have just lost their cards arent trying again.

Zeyes
International
Posts: 9515
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Zeyes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:12 pm
Zeyes wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 pm
...because they obviously all believe they have an excellent shot at winning one, and aren't just doing it for the Challenge Tour and/or as a show of gratitude.
So now they are spending £450 on a show gratitude?
If the rules haven't changed, Ashton and Dobromyslova got theirs for free. (Well, for the cost of a mandatory prize money deduction from their £7,500.)

trotter01
Steady Sixties
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by trotter01 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:51 pm

clemy1989 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm
In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.
I'm trotter01 now..I couldn't log in as trotter and it kept telling me I didn't exist....??

Anyway...I would assume the same rules apply...if you don't get a card then you can play BDO events until you actually play a pro tour....if somebody doesn't get a card they don't have to enter Pro Tour events even if they sit number 1 on the Challenge tour so I suppose it's up to each player really...they know the score..

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by phil davies » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Astonvilla wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:12 pm
How many people who have just lost their cards arent trying again.
Other than nicholson and Terry Jenkins (might still sign up) nobody of note.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by phil davies » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Oh and Ronnie Baxter too I suppose.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61191
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Ginge » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:02 pm

trotter01 wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm
In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.
I'm trotter01 now..I couldn't log in as trotter and it kept telling me I didn't exist....??

Anyway...I would assume the same rules apply...if you don't get a card then you can play BDO events until you actually play a pro tour....if somebody doesn't get a card they don't have to enter Pro Tour events even if they sit number 1 on the Challenge tour so I suppose it's up to each player really...they know the score..
Have one of the mods deleted your account?
Shameful scenes.

Kyeavfc
Steady Sixties
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Kyeavfc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm

Does Cameron Menzies know he has to register? He’s not assuming that just because he gets free entry he doesn’t have to do anything??? Seem to remember he forgot to register for UK open last year...

PreciesJJ
Brass Darts
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by PreciesJJ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Kyeavfc wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm
Does Cameron Menzies know he has to register? He’s not assuming that just because he gets free entry he doesn’t have to do anything??? Seem to remember he forgot to register for UK open last year...
He said on twitter he has registered a couple of weeks ago.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”