PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ssjsa
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Postby ssjsa » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:59 pm

phil davies wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Anyway, back on track. At this stage the current Top 10 are playing very well and should be the entrants.

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

Great PL line up, but think Sky will pick Barney as one of their choices.

So unless someone comes out of the pack at the GSOD or the Worlds, it is 10 of this 11.

Chizzy has done nothing on TV to be worthy of a place this year. The other 9 yes ATM would be the 9 most deserving.

On the surface I don't disagree, but if you look at some of his recent averages, and compare them to what frankly were poor from the players in the last 8/16 of the recent European Championship, I for one would prefer to see Chisnall, who can be competitive, rather than some debutant who gets hammered every week.

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner

Mgt
Superleague Player

Postby Mgt » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:29 pm

1205 wrote:
Mgt wrote:
1205 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
DavidB wrote:

It’s a good point - surely they couldn’t now not have one of their biggest major winners and probably most popular event if it were Duzza or any of the BDO players?? I know they didn’t in 2010 but things have changed since...

How do you address this post.

Firstly, there is more chance of getting shit from a rocking horse, than Durrant or any of the other BDO players getting any where near winning the GSOD this year.

Secondly, let's just for the sake of argument, and to appease the serious deluded, envisage that Durrant or Adam Smith Neale win the tournament, why in God's name would anyone think that their inclusion would add anything to the PL.

And finally, given the PDC have excluded both Lewis, a double World Champion, and Wade a then 7 times Major winner from this tournament in the past, due to them not being in good enough form to be selected, why would they even consider a place for a player out with the PDC, who may have got lucky over 1 week.

Well, for Durrant, because:
1) in that hypothetical scenario he'd have won a big PDC tournament that only deluded people thought he'd win
2) he has a very long track record of high scoring along with his BDO wins, so it couldn't really be seen as a fluke, and he wouldn't be expected to bomb
3) because it's a change and there's no other exciting new PDC player who's an obvious choice to bring in
4) because it'd be a great excuse to drop van Barneveld.

1) No use even considering that because he'll never win it.
2) That track record is always scoring in the mid-high 90's and occasionally breaking a 100. The PDC have more than enough choice of players like that without considering Durrant.
3) Every debutant would be 'a change'. Calling Durrant exciting is a bit of a stretch, Darren Webster would provide more entertainment, Whitlock has a bigger fan base, Price has more energy and that list goes on and on.
4) There's plenty of reasons to drop van Barneveld, no need for Durrant for that.

1) I was just following the hypothetical win from ssjsa.
2) No, they don't. Really. Outside of the very top players, there's a great deal of inconsistency. That's why they aren't the top players. Players put in 100+ averages and then the next game they're shit and out. Durrant's consistency is really remarkable. He doesn't go over or heavily over 100 much, but he's in the 98-99 range an awful lot, and that tells you he's out in 15 darts a high percentage of the time, which is the key difference between the top players and the rest.
3) How would Webster be more entertaining? Are you a big fan of one-sided losses?

1) Fair enough.
2) He is indeed very consistent, I'll give him that. I doubt that would get him far in the PL though. Players with a couple of brilliant nights and some stinkers might well end up with more points.
3) Webster brings about 1000% more energy to a match than Durrant does. Plus he's used to playing the top players regularly and has quite a decent head to head against some of them. I doubt very much Durrant would be able to match PL level players week in week out like many on here seem to expect him to. He's simply not used to that kind of opposition on a regular basis and I don't have the impression he deals with that kind of pressure very well.

Maybe we should see how he fairs in the GSOD this year. I think he'll have a hard time equalling last year.

Brass Darts

Postby 1205 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Mgt wrote:1) Fair enough.
2) He is indeed very consistent, I'll give him that. I doubt that would get him far in the PL though. Players with a couple of brilliant nights and some stinkers might well end up with more points.
3) Webster brings about 1000% more energy to a match than Durrant does. Plus he's used to playing the top players regularly and has quite a decent head to head against some of them. I doubt very much Durrant would be able to match PL level players week in week out like many on here seem to expect him to. He's simply not used to that kind of opposition on a regular basis and I don't have the impression he deals with that kind of pressure very well.

Maybe we should see how he fairs in the GSOD this year. I think he'll have a hard time equalling last year.

You might like his energy, but his record says he'll bring energy and then lose. He makes the last 16, and loses. He's gone deep in a few floor events, but hasn't even reached a semi in a stage event.

I think Cullen's a better gamble. He's a younger player, so potentially has more upside and has made a few European Tour semi-finals.

PS Take a look at Darren Webster's Wikipedia page while it lasts. :D

Mgt
Superleague Player

Postby Mgt » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:36 pm

1205 wrote:
Mgt wrote:1) Fair enough.

You might like his energy, but his record says he'll bring energy and then lose. He makes the last 16, and loses. He's gone deep in a few floor events, but hasn't even reached a semi in a stage event.

I think Cullen's a better gamble. He's a younger player, so potentially has more upside and has made a few European Tour semi-finals.

PS Take a look at Darren Webster's Wikipedia page while it lasts. :D

I rest my case, who wouldn't want a player with abnormally large feet in the PL? :D

BeppeBergomi
Steady Sixties

Re: RE: Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Postby BeppeBergomi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:35 pm

ssjsa wrote:Anyway, back on track. At this stage the current Top 10 are playing very well and should be the entrants.

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

So unless someone comes out of the pack at the GSOD or the Worlds, it is 10 of this 11.
Chizzy out D Webster in for me and we're in agreement.

Obviously as it stands. By new year's day things might change you know.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BeppeBergomi
Steady Sixties

Postby BeppeBergomi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Garry Murphy wrote:

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

THIS SHOWS EXACTLY WHY THE LAZY BARNEY IS UNDESERVING
+1

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Martin Legandowski
Feather Flights

Postby Martin Legandowski » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Garry Murphy wrote:

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

Dzien dobry ******

I was receivingk your board but I am guessingk that you were glupi with receivingk a lie address. I told your matka of my receivingk of the board but was being telling pieprzyc go.
Last edited by Martin Legandowski on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssjsa
International

Postby ssjsa » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Martin Legandowski wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

Dzien dobry ******

I was receivingk your board but I am guessingk that you were glupi with receivingk a lie address. I told matka of my receivingk of the board but was being telling pieprzyc go.

Don't know what is the polish for fek off, but in English let me tell you your posting privileges will be revoked.

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner

Ginge
International

Postby Ginge » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Paddy must have been bored today.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

ChrisW
International

Postby ChrisW » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:25 pm

Ginge wrote:Paddy must have been bored today.

Like you were when you set up your other accounts after saying this?
Ginge wrote:Not going to mention the old place as me and the old administrators had issues.

I will be more of a hoverer on here that a poster, but good luck.

By the way, who is the user called "Admin"? Seems a bit impersonal to me to have that as a username, but maybe that's just me.

Ginge
International

Postby Ginge » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:30 am

ChrisW wrote:

Ginge wrote:Not going to mention the old place as me and the old administrators had issues.

By the way, who is the user called "Admin"? Seems a bit impersonal to me to have that as a username, but maybe that's just me.
"Hic!"

BlueSpark
International

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:46 am

How far back was that post dredged up from?
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

Ginge
International

Postby Ginge » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:48 am

BlueSpark wrote:How far back was that post dredged up from?

7 and a half years? :DDD:

All to defend his good mate Paddy. :WWWW:

BlueSpark
International

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 am

Desperate stuff.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

Ginge
International

Postby Ginge » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:07 am

Hic!

Garry Murphy
International

Postby Garry Murphy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:28 pm

ChrisW wrote:

oh dear

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”