PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
Si Robin
Steady Sixties
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:59 am
Location: Tewkesbury

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Si Robin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 am

Maybe Price doesn’t want any part of the Premier League next year – he seemed to moan about it a lot this year and put a loss of form down to being in it.

PVDarts501
Steady Sixties
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by PVDarts501 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:27 am

ssjsa wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:37 am
I think he meant with 'The Wizard is back' his form, his peak from about 4-8 years ago.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 7742
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by BlueSpark » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:29 am

Whitlock used to be a brilliant finisher, this part of his game has eluded him somewhat in past years.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

1205
Steady Sixties
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by 1205 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Si Robin wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 am
Maybe Price doesn’t want any part of the Premier League next year – he seemed to moan about it a lot this year and put a loss of form down to being in it.
There are no ranking points, it adds travel and time, and for the level of players involved, the money isn't big unless the player does well in it (and plays more weeks).

So if a player thinks it's going to have a negative impact on their form or personal life it makes sense to skip it.

I think before his final and win I could see the Price skipping it (either by choice or more likely the PDC not wanting him), but Suljovic is the most obvious player to choose not to be in it.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 6475
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by phil davies » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:02 pm

TBH if I was Suljovic I think I wouldn’t bother with it. He doesn’t particularly need the hassle of all the travel given his young family. He makes enough money from the other tournaments even better for him this year as he doesn’t have to qualify for the UK open.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

Skewball
International
Posts: 6503
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Skewball » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Can they say no?
Now of course they can.
But actually can they say no?
Really?


I'm thinking Barry Hearn / Godfather connections here!!


User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 6903
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:11 am

Skewball wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:37 pm
Can they say no?
Now of course they can.
But actually can they say no?
Really?


I'm thinking Barry Hearn / Godfather connections here!!
I'm sure Mensur declined the first year he got invited.

trotter
International
Posts: 5311
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by trotter » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:18 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:11 am
Skewball wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:37 pm
Can they say no?
Now of course they can.
But actually can they say no?
Really?


I'm thinking Barry Hearn / Godfather connections here!!
I'm sure Mensur declined the first year he got invited.
He did decline for family reasons and it didn't stop them offering again the following year...I don't think they would accept MVG declining though...

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 15979
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ssjsa » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:59 pm

According to Pieter, Suljovic is very much up for the PL.

https://dartsnews.com/management-suljov ... e-rubbish/
Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner

Kyeavfc
Steady Sixties
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Kyeavfc » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Could it be 12 players? 6 games best of 11 7pm start?

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58681
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Ginge » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Or they could just not put fekkin Barney in, and just invite him to do a couple of "goodbye" matches in Rotterdam.

Kyeavfc
Steady Sixties
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Kyeavfc » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Ginge wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:15 pm
Or they could just not put fekkin Barney in, and just invite him to do a couple of "goodbye" matches in Rotterdam.

They could but it’s not going to happen... I guess that’s your point with my comment :P

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:05 am

1205 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:16 pm
Si Robin wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 am
Maybe Price doesn’t want any part of the Premier League next year – he seemed to moan about it a lot this year and put a loss of form down to being in it.
There are no ranking points, it adds travel and time, and for the level of players involved, the money isn't big unless the player does well in it (and plays more weeks).

So if a player thinks it's going to have a negative impact on their form or personal life it makes sense to skip it.

I think before his final and win I could see the Price skipping it (either by choice or more likely the PDC not wanting him), but Suljovic is the most obvious player to choose not to be in it.
I think a massive point here that nobody has mentioned is the money that players could potentially earn from sponsors playing in the PL as well as the money up for grabs and also possible exbo's on the day before or after that would be an earner as well, All round it may be hassle but for those at the top of the game in the position to be eligible to play in the PL but they are pro dart players and earn their crust through playing so im sure any player given the option would not want to turn it down.

DavidB
County Player
Posts: 4448
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by DavidB » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:43 am

Kyeavfc wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:06 pm
Could it be 12 players? 6 games best of 11 7pm start?


No reason not to be 12 players - one extra match a night even best of 12 legs fine as the night is often done by 10:30 as it is and they can get the likes of Mensur and Whitlock in who might not qualify otherwise let alone if we have two finalists at Ally Pally who aren’t probably going to be in the PL already...

1205
Steady Sixties
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by 1205 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:13 pm

DavidB wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:43 am
Kyeavfc wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:06 pm
Could it be 12 players? 6 games best of 11 7pm start?
No reason not to be 12 players - one extra match a night even best of 12 legs fine as the night is often done by 10:30 as it is and they can get the likes of Mensur and Whitlock in who might not qualify otherwise let alone if we have two finalists at Ally Pally who aren’t probably going to be in the PL already...
A limitation is that the current schedule has 9 days before the cut-off in Rotterdam. So they'd either have to move the cut-off, have an unbalanced schedule, or fit in an extra 12 games* on top of the regular 6 per day during the 9 days.

* 2 for each player to make it up to 11

thecat
Brass Darts
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:59 am

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by thecat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 pm

Every player wants to be part of the Premier league. Maybe it’s time for a second division? Tv won’t pick it up but we’ve seen none TV events, exhibitions, with massive crowds.

Dannyboy
International
Posts: 8696
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Dannyboy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 am

thecat wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 pm
Every player wants to be part of the Premier league. Maybe it’s time for a second division? Tv won’t pick it up but we’ve seen none TV events, exhibitions, with massive crowds.
It was called the Championship League, but no one was interested in it so it was discontinued.

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 2754
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Addicks Fan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:10 am

thecat wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 pm
Every player wants to be part of the Premier league.
Every player's sponsor wants to be part of the Premier League

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by fling » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:05 am

DavidB wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:43 am
Kyeavfc wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:06 pm
Could it be 12 players? 6 games best of 11 7pm start?


No reason not to be 12 players - one extra match a night even best of 12 legs fine as the night is often done by 10:30 as it is and they can get the likes of Mensur and Whitlock in who might not qualify otherwise let alone if we have two finalists at Ally Pally who aren’t probably going to be in the PL already...
I thought they had already changed the format for 2019 so that it is now best of 14 legs instead of 12.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”