BDO New Website

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23812
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: BDO New Website

Post by Paddy McGinty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:30 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: If the paper had not run the story then they would not have queued, there would not have been a run on the bank and no-one would have been any the wiser. These situations happen with every bank or building society and if all savers walked into Lloyds tomorrow and demanded their money the bank would not have enough money to pay out, until a couple of years ago when the rules were changed most banks were technically insolvent.
Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........
I've got news for you, they are - now, all banks, that is how they make money by lending to others and by the time they've written off bad debts, i.e. negative equity mortgages, bankruptcy, IVAs etc. they never have enough money to pay back everyone they owe money to.
Why do you think the government scheme exists? to reassure savers to keep their money in the bank.

Incidentally look in your pocket and pick any bank note, now if everyone who had one of these wandered down to Threadneedle Street and demanded their £5, £10, £20, £50 worth of gold for each note the Bank Of England would not have enough gold to pay them out, not only banks Pads.
I'm well aware of that, under new regulations the banks must hold as little as 12% reserves, if a number of large banks went insolvent do you really believe the UK government is in a position to bail out 100's of billions to uk and European investors? Not a chance.
Makes your statement even more silly if you are aware of the situation, has always been the way though and a couple of years ago Co-op bank were in a worse state than Northern Rock but it was handled differently and not reported the same hence no run on the bank. Like I said people are idiots.
Certainly has never been the case until the banks fucked up most recently, new legislation was brought in to being increasing the amount of cash banks must hold, it still is nowhere enough though. Oh I am well aware of the situation and what the people of the country have paid because of bad governance and practices. Oh and don't forget it's you who wears the tin hat.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2349
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: BDO New Website

Post by el_ringo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote: Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........
Would you rather they organised and booked a massive hall 50x too large for the crowd they could actually get to pay to watch their event, organised streaming of the said event on a minor tv channel that no body watched and used it to prop up a prize fund as no corporate sponsors were interested in the said event than gamble with it ?

would that be acceptable ?

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 60878
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: BDO New Website

Post by Ginge » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:41 pm

:D

Black Velvet
Superleague Player
Posts: 1898
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am

Re: BDO New Website

Post by Black Velvet » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 pm

ringo's protracted dyslexic meltdown continuing unabated...

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23812
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: BDO New Website

Post by Paddy McGinty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:58 pm

el_ringo wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........
Would you rather they organised and booked a massive hall 50x too large for the crowd they could actually get to pay to watch their event, organised streaming of the said event on a minor tv channel that no body watched and used it to prop up a prize fund as no corporate sponsors were interested in the said event than gamble with it ?

would that be acceptable ?
Are you talking about Minehead here?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 60878
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by Ginge » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........
Would you rather they organised and booked a massive hall 50x too large for the crowd they could actually get to pay to watch their event, organised streaming of the said event on a minor tv channel that no body watched and used it to prop up a prize fund as no corporate sponsors were interested in the said event than gamble with it ?

would that be acceptable ?
Are you talking about Minehead here?
You mean the place that holds the CORAL UK Open?

No. No he isn't.

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23812
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by Paddy McGinty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........
Would you rather they organised and booked a massive hall 50x too large for the crowd they could actually get to pay to watch their event, organised streaming of the said event on a minor tv channel that no body watched and used it to prop up a prize fund as no corporate sponsors were interested in the said event than gamble with it ?

would that be acceptable ?
Are you talking about Minehead here?
You mean the place that holds the CORAL UK Open?

No. no he isn't.
You know that massive venue that they shut down to punters, refusing folk who (after an arduous journey) reached the gate from entering the site.......this must be what he's talking about. Or I suppose it could be the one held over the ice rink where so called professional players had to play in their gloves and coats....maybe that one.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8709
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: BDO New Website

Post by BlueSpark » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Desperate stuff.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

Skewball
International
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by Skewball » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:12 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
Ginge wrote:
No I remember people being interviewed on the telly in the queue who only had a few bloody grand in the accounts.
If they queued to get it out they had it there and then in cash to do as they please

A claim through any government compo scheme would of taken months if not longer with 100's of hoops to jump through and possible awkward questions to answer over the origin of the money so really I don't blame them for queuing !
If the paper had not run the story then they would not have queued, there would not have been a run on the bank and no-one would have been any the wiser. These situations happen with every bank or building society and if all savers walked into Lloyds tomorrow and demanded their money the bank would not have enough money to pay out, until a couple of years ago when the rules were changed most banks were technically insolvent.
Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........

Incidentally look in your pocket and pick any bank note, now if everyone who had one of these wandered down to Threadneedle Street and demanded their £5, £10, £20, £50 worth of gold for each note the Bank Of England would not have enough gold to pay them out, not only banks Pads.
That made me laugh. I was about to say man lands on moon , but the gold standard ended 30 years before that even happened!!!! You are a lot older than I thought lol

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23812
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by Paddy McGinty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
If they queued to get it out they had it there and then in cash to do as they please

A claim through any government compo scheme would of taken months if not longer with 100's of hoops to jump through and possible awkward questions to answer over the origin of the money so really I don't blame them for queuing !
If the paper had not run the story then they would not have queued, there would not have been a run on the bank and no-one would have been any the wiser. These situations happen with every bank or building society and if all savers walked into Lloyds tomorrow and demanded their money the bank would not have enough money to pay out, until a couple of years ago when the rules were changed most banks were technically insolvent.
Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........

Incidentally look in your pocket and pick any bank note, now if everyone who had one of these wandered down to Threadneedle Street and demanded their £5, £10, £20, £50 worth of gold for each note the Bank Of England would not have enough gold to pay them out, not only banks Pads.
That made me laugh. I was about to say man lands on moon , but the gold standard ended 30 years before that even happened!!!! You are a lot older than I thought lol
He was on the arc.........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23812
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: BDO New Website

Post by Paddy McGinty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:15 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Desperate stuff.
I know but ringworms like that, you'll get used to it.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8709
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by BlueSpark » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:16 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: If the paper had not run the story then they would not have queued, there would not have been a run on the bank and no-one would have been any the wiser. These situations happen with every bank or building society and if all savers walked into Lloyds tomorrow and demanded their money the bank would not have enough money to pay out, until a couple of years ago when the rules were changed most banks were technically insolvent.
Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........

Incidentally look in your pocket and pick any bank note, now if everyone who had one of these wandered down to Threadneedle Street and demanded their £5, £10, £20, £50 worth of gold for each note the Bank Of England would not have enough gold to pay them out, not only banks Pads.
That made me laugh. I was about to say man lands on moon , but the gold standard ended 30 years before that even happened!!!! You are a lot older than I thought lol
He was on the arc.........
Part of a curve or discharge of electrical energy?
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 60878
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by Ginge » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:16 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote: Or I suppose it could be the one held over the ice rink where so called professional players had to play in their gloves and coats....maybe that one.
Leave the World Masters that was held at the Hull Arena alone!!!

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8709
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by BlueSpark » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Or I suppose it could be the one held over the ice rink where so called professional players had to play in their gloves and coats....maybe that one.
Leave the World Masters that was held at the Hull Arena alone!!!
It was the so called professional players that clinched it there
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23812
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by Paddy McGinty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:24 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........

Incidentally look in your pocket and pick any bank note, now if everyone who had one of these wandered down to Threadneedle Street and demanded their £5, £10, £20, £50 worth of gold for each note the Bank Of England would not have enough gold to pay them out, not only banks Pads.
That made me laugh. I was about to say man lands on moon , but the gold standard ended 30 years before that even happened!!!! You are a lot older than I thought lol
He was on the arc.........
Part of a curve or discharge of electrical energy?
Stop jumping in, let me finish....

He was on the archway entrance of the wall surrounding the garden of Gethsemane the day before Jesus got crucified.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2349
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by el_ringo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Stop jumping in, let me finish....

He was on the archway entrance of the wall surrounding the garden of Gethsemane the day before Jesus got crucified.
I think you are slightly confused here

it was Tommy Cox who uttered 'forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.'

After he was crucified at that delegates meeting back in 93

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8709
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by BlueSpark » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Incidentally look in your pocket and pick any bank note, now if everyone who had one of these wandered down to Threadneedle Street and demanded their £5, £10, £20, £50 worth of gold for each note the Bank Of England would not have enough gold to pay them out, not only banks Pads.
That made me laugh. I was about to say man lands on moon , but the gold standard ended 30 years before that even happened!!!! You are a lot older than I thought lol
He was on the arc.........
Part of a curve or discharge of electrical energy?
Stop jumping in, let me finish....

He was on the archway entrance of the wall surrounding the garden of Gethsemane the day before Jesus got crucified.
:DDD:
:DDDD:
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29563
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Makes no difference, if a bank has my money they shouldn't be gambling with it.........

Incidentally look in your pocket and pick any bank note, now if everyone who had one of these wandered down to Threadneedle Street and demanded their £5, £10, £20, £50 worth of gold for each note the Bank Of England would not have enough gold to pay them out, not only banks Pads.
That made me laugh. I was about to say man lands on moon , but the gold standard ended 30 years before that even happened!!!! You are a lot older than I thought lol
He was on the arc.........
Part of a curve or discharge of electrical energy?
Watt?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29563
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Incidentally look in your pocket and pick any bank note, now if everyone who had one of these wandered down to Threadneedle Street and demanded their £5, £10, £20, £50 worth of gold for each note the Bank Of England would not have enough gold to pay them out, not only banks Pads.
That made me laugh. I was about to say man lands on moon , but the gold standard ended 30 years before that even happened!!!! You are a lot older than I thought lol
He was on the arc.........
Part of a curve or discharge of electrical energy?
Stop jumping in, let me finish....

He was on the archway entrance of the wall surrounding the garden of Gethsemane the day before Jesus got crucified.
Dogs tongues, wren's livers, otter's spleans, wolf nipple chips get them ehile they're hot they're lovely


Image
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23812
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: BDO New Website

Post by Paddy McGinty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Don't know if it's just me but don't you think this thread topic has deviated a wee bit since it started out.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”