The Money Shot

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Post Reply
daveboygreen
County Player
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

The Money Shot

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Years ago I said on here and elsewhere about what I call 'The Money Shot'

9 dart finish with a 170 out, At the time I thought of it I had it in my head that it was the best leg and highest out in one leg giving it the name...Money Shot, Now years later...Mardle, and every other fecker is on the firm with it screaming for it to happen on TV, Sorry but...It was DBG's shout first!!

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 19257
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: The Money Shot

Post by ssjsa » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:32 pm

daveboygreen wrote:Years ago I said on here and elsewhere about what I call 'The Money Shot'

9 dart finish with a 170 out, At the time I thought of it I had it in my head that it was the best leg and highest out in one leg giving it the name...Money Shot, Now years later...Mardle, and every other fecker is on the firm with it screaming for it to happen on TV, Sorry but...It was DBG's shout first!!
Leaving 170 is only a viable option when it is double start, as a bull needs to be hit regardless of the first 8 darts.

Michael Smith left that option tonight, but in all fairness, anyone deliberately leaving 170 for the niner in a normal 501 leg is an idiot.
Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9526
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: The Money Shot

Post by BlueSpark » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:41 pm

"On the firm with it"
Good god.
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2439
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: The Money Shot

Post by el_ringo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:54 pm

Only thing is it's not really 'the money shot'

as it doesn't contain the highest start or the highest score in 3 darts

Surely 'the money shot' would be a 151 start on the bull

a 180

followed by the 170 out

daveboygreen
County Player
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: The Money Shot

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:57 pm

ssjsa wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:Years ago I said on here and elsewhere about what I call 'The Money Shot'

9 dart finish with a 170 out, At the time I thought of it I had it in my head that it was the best leg and highest out in one leg giving it the name...Money Shot, Now years later...Mardle, and every other fecker is on the firm with it screaming for it to happen on TV, Sorry but...It was DBG's shout first!!
Leaving 170 is only a viable option when it is double start, as a bull needs to be hit regardless of the first 8 darts.

Michael Smith left that option tonight, but in all fairness, anyone deliberately leaving 170 for the niner in a normal 501 leg is an idiot.
Personally I have tried it many times in money leagues that pay out for lowest leg and highest out both straight and double start, Can't see the harm in giving it a go if say I hit a 171 with my first 3 then other player only hits 45 or 41 then I hit two 60's starting my next throw then going tops to leave the 170....But it is much easier for it to be acceptable on a double start format

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2439
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: The Money Shot

Post by el_ringo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:00 am

daveboygreen wrote:
Personally I have tried it many times in money leagues that pay out for lowest leg and highest out both straight and double start, Can't see the harm in giving it a go if say I hit a 171
So just between us Dave you haven't really ever tried it then have you ?

daveboygreen
County Player
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: The Money Shot

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:05 am

el_ringo wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Personally I have tried it many times in money leagues that pay out for lowest leg and highest out both straight and double start, Can't see the harm in giving it a go if say I hit a 171
So just between us Dave you haven't really ever tried it then have you ?
Missed it on 8th and 9th dart recently

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 19257
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: The Money Shot

Post by ssjsa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:12 am

Whilst would never be in a position to have a dart for a nine dart finish, had my best average of the year tonight at 50.64 over 19 legs.

fek all to do with this thread or any other but just thought I would share it with the forum for no other reason than I want to tell someone. :grin:
Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2439
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: The Money Shot

Post by el_ringo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:12 am

daveboygreen wrote:
Missed it on 8th and 9th dart recently


daveboygreen
County Player
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: The Money Shot

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:32 am

[quote="ssjsa"]Whilst would never be in a position to have a dart for a nine dart finish, had my best average of the year tonight at 50.64 over 19 legs.

fek all to do with this thread or any other but just thought I would share it with the forum for no other reason than I want to tell someone. :grin:[/quote

I've had some bad nights at darts over the years but.....Jeez....Never any that bad

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 8000
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: The Money Shot

Post by phil davies » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:13 am

I disagree the perfect 9 would be 3x167 now that would be special a niner with 3 bulls!
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

PVDarts501
Steady Sixties
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: The Money Shot

Post by PVDarts501 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:30 am

phil davies wrote:I disagree the perfect 9 would be 3x167 now that would be special a niner with 3 bulls!
Suljovic hit a nine-dart finish via the 170-170-161 route a few years ago.

TheSandman
Superleague Player
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: The Money Shot

Post by TheSandman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:00 am

phil davies wrote:I disagree the perfect 9 would be 3x167 now that would be special a niner with 3 bulls!
Too easy, DBG has already completed it whilst throwing blindfolded from 15ft with brass darts.

He’s looking for a challenge.

User avatar
Stranbougie
The Ton Club
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:50 am

Re: The Money Shot

Post by Stranbougie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:01 am

wow DBG well done in coining this phrase.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”