6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
TheSandman
Superleague Player
Posts: 1254
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by TheSandman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:40 am

Des took all the credit for the Eurosport deal, so he should also take all the blame for this shit show.

49 days to go and still no venue.

The Preston guild hall closing really fucked them but there should have been a plan b months ago.

Might as well just announce it’s cancelled on Monday and save 100k+

Buzz Fledderjohn
Pub Champion
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:47 am

TheSandman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:40 am
Des took all the credit for the Eurosport deal, so he should also take all the blame for this shit show.

49 days to go and still no venue.

The Preston guild hall closing really fekked them but there should have been a plan b months ago.

Might as well just announce it’s cancelled on Monday and save 100k+
He should, but he doesn't have to simply because there are plenty of BDO folk who seem bewilderingly happy to buy into his "everything good is the work of Des, everything bad is the fault of someone else" narrative.
As long as no-one of any importance is prepared to challenge that, he's got no reason to do anything other than the bare minimum.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9174
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by devosteve » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 am

Just to say if Ginge wins the 'guess the date' today he has only won by default. ie he knows Friday is a good day for info release and he was going for last Friday until I 'bagged' the date.
so if it is today we will call it a shared win because I can feel in my waters news is coming.
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9174
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by devosteve » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:52 am

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:47 am
TheSandman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:40 am
Des took all the credit for the Eurosport deal, so he should also take all the blame for this shit show.

49 days to go and still no venue.

The Preston guild hall closing really fekked them but there should have been a plan b months ago.

Might as well just announce it’s cancelled on Monday and save 100k+
He should, but he doesn't have to simply because there are plenty of BDO folk who seem bewilderingly happy to buy into his "everything good is the work of Des, everything bad is the fault of someone else" narrative.
As long as no-one of any importance is prepared to challenge that, he's got no reason to do anything other than the bare minimum.
And that view seems to be the default setting on fanatics.start criticising des and see what happens.


They KNOW he is doing his best and they KNOW he will deliver
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3951
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Any news boys?

Still crying yourselves to sleep?
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 62547
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:59 pm
Any news boys?

Still laughing yourselves to sleep?
No and yes.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7131
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Skewball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:59 pm
Any news boys?

Still laughing yourselves to sleep?
No and yes.
Indeed. Every one needs a little space and time to stop, ponder and smile during their busy days. The BDO threads on here are my go-to safe place when I need cheering up :DDD: :DDD:

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 62547
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 pm

Only announcing a venue for a "TV Major" with 40-odd days to go would never have happened under Auntie Sues watch....oh.......

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29936
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 pm
Only announcing a venue for a "TV Major" with 40-odd days to go would never have happened under Auntie Sues watch....oh.......
Sue's
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3951
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Skewball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:59 pm
Any news boys?

Still laughing yourselves to sleep?
No and yes.
Indeed. Every one needs a little space and time to stop, ponder and smile during their busy days. The BDO threads on here are my go-to safe place when I need cheering up :DDD: :DDD:
Skewbollock venturing south, there.
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7131
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Skewball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm
Skewball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:59 pm
Any news boys?

Still laughing yourselves to sleep?
No and yes.
Indeed. Every one needs a little space and time to stop, ponder and smile during their busy days. The BDO threads on here are my go-to safe place when I need cheering up :DDD: :DDD:
Skewbollock venturing south, there.
at least I could find mine

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3951
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Skewball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:08 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm
Skewball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:59 pm
Any news boys?

Still laughing yourselves to sleep?
No and yes.
Indeed. Every one needs a little space and time to stop, ponder and smile during their busy days. The BDO threads on here are my go-to safe place when I need cheering up :DDD: :DDD:
Skewbollock venturing south, there.
at least I could find mine
No denial. Case closed.
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7131
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Skewball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 pm
Skewball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:08 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm
Skewball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm


No and yes.
Indeed. Every one needs a little space and time to stop, ponder and smile during their busy days. The BDO threads on here are my go-to safe place when I need cheering up :DDD: :DDD:
Skewbollock venturing south, there.
at least I could find mine
No denial. Case closed.
neither by you, happy hunting

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3951
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Skewball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 pm
Skewball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:08 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm
Skewball wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:17 pm


Indeed. Every one needs a little space and time to stop, ponder and smile during their busy days. The BDO threads on here are my go-to safe place when I need cheering up :DDD: :DDD:
Skewbollock venturing south, there.
at least I could find mine
No denial. Case closed.
neither by you, happy hunting
Why would I deny that you could find your own dick?
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 62547
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:26 am
Before end June - BlueSpark
1st July - Wubbalubbadubdub
2nd July - Si Robin
3rd July
4th July
5th July - devosteve
6th July
7th July - Swewball
8th July - Demolition Man
9th July - ChrisW
10th July - The Jolly Man
11th July
12th July - Ginge
13th July - Oche Balboa
14th July
15th July - TheSandman
16th July
17th July
18th July
19th July - Buzzfledder John
20th July - fling
21st July
22nd July
23rd July
24th July
25th July
26th July - nikkiboy
27th July - SAFC
28th July
29th July
30th July
31st July
01st - 04th August - DavidOwen67
5th to 11th August - clemy1989
12-18th August - The Crusader
19-25th August
26th- 29th August
Today is the day, I can feel it in my waters.
Any luck?

ChrisW
International
Posts: 26382
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by ChrisW » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:50 am
ChrisW wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:26 am
Before end June - BlueSpark
1st July - Wubbalubbadubdub
2nd July - Si Robin
3rd July
4th July
5th July - devosteve
6th July
7th July - Swewball
8th July - Demolition Man
9th July - ChrisW
10th July - The Jolly Man
11th July
12th July - Ginge
13th July - Oche Balboa
14th July
15th July - TheSandman
16th July
17th July
18th July
19th July - Buzzfledder John
20th July - fling
21st July
22nd July
23rd July
24th July
25th July
26th July - nikkiboy
27th July - SAFC
28th July
29th July
30th July
31st July
01st - 04th August - DavidOwen67
5th to 11th August - clemy1989
12-18th August - The Crusader
19-25th August
26th- 29th August
Today is the day, I can feel it in my waters.
For David.
Any luck?

User avatar
ILAD
The Ton Club
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by ILAD » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Oh dear....

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9174
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by devosteve » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:36 pm

Big news to come now 2 new sponsors are on board.
seems like des did sort out getting new sponsors.
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 62547
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Ginge » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:54 pm


devosteve wrote:Big news to come now 2 new sponsors are on board.
seems like Sportotal did sort out getting new sponsors and Des is taking all the credit as per.
Fixed.

Bag Carrier
County Player
Posts: 4054
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 pm
Location: Im always in your head

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by Bag Carrier » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Sand man could be the winner
JFT96

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”