Darts world magazine

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ILAD
Steady Sixties
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by ILAD » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:11 am

As a loose comparison (as its a 13 wk minimum subscription) a copy of Speedway Star is £2.30 including delivery.

markymark
County Player
Posts: 2403
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 am

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by markymark » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:40 am

ILAD wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:11 am
As a loose comparison (as its a 13 wk minimum subscription) a copy of Speedway Star is £2.30 including delivery.
A bargain for Scotty Dog.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8552
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by BlueSpark » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:59 am

It's a great idea. Could end up being quite lucrative if popular.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

Darts Planet TV
Feather Flights
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:20 am

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by Darts Planet TV » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:17 pm

We had feedback from many people that have purchased it, including some of the top darts people that work in media, it’s far to cheap.

It’s Glossy, 48 Pages, full of content.

For those of you that are moaning who have not even purchased it, but quibbling about a magazine delivered to your door for £4.49

Go and check the price of glossy jam packed sports magazines in your newsagents, and see what they cost without any post and you having to make the effort to go out and buy them.

We are taking £4.49 delivered to your door. Not £8.99

Some people

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8552
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by BlueSpark » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:21 pm

I have just placed an order Gav.
Will post a review. On here though, your forum appears stone dead.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24631
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by ChrisW » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:27 pm

It is great value for 2 pund 50.
Buy a similar sized mag for cycling and it is nearly three times the price.
Content is good and balanced too.

Darts Planet TV
Feather Flights
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:20 am

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by Darts Planet TV » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Thanks so much for supporting the magazine, we are all for goid honest feedback.

Yes. Our forums are dead, they are not promoted or used for sometime now, we concentrate on YouTube, lots of articles daily covering latest news & talking points, as well as the magazine and a couple of our team recently launched a new podcast.

We also have our first darts tournament with £1750 Prize Pool in association with Winmau.

We are still very new at just 16 months old.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7765
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by phil davies » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Darts Planet TV wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:40 pm
Thanks so much for supporting the magazine, we are all for goid honest feedback.

Yes. Our forums are dead, they are not promoted or used for sometime now, we concentrate on YouTube, lots of articles daily covering latest news & talking points, as well as the magazine and a couple of our team recently launched a new podcast.

We also have our first darts tournament with £1750 Prize Pool in association with Winmau.

We are still very new at just 16 months old.
Some good stuff on the youtube I sometimes watch. Might head to a tournement in the future if you host anymore.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24631
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by ChrisW » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:28 am

Issue 3 is available on pre-order.
Managed to get the P&P correct this time :)

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1286
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by fling » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:31 am

Just ordered my copy of issue 2.
Interesting to see what it has to offer.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 10679
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by oche balboa » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Issue 2 is a success.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8719
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by devosteve » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 pm

devosteve wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:24 am
Just ordered issue 2 of this new mag. look forward to reading it. Hope it gets posted today.

Back to op: still no news on darts world?
Still not received it yet. Ordered and paid last Friday. Are they using the bdo pigeons?
Whip it!

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8552
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by BlueSpark » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 pm

Ordered mine Saturday and got it this morning.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29444
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 pm

devosteve wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 pm
devosteve wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:24 am
Just ordered issue 2 of this new mag. look forward to reading it. Hope it gets posted today.

Back to op: still no news on darts world?
Still not received it yet. Ordered and paid last Friday. Are they using the bdo pigeons?
Is your fax machine switched on?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 7562
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by DavidOwen67 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:29 am

The Crusader wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:00 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:19 pm
I have ordered the 2nd issue of Dartsplanet. P&P 2 times the cost of the mag :)

Is the German PDC mag still going. Anyone know?
There is something comforting about opening and reading a physical magazine rather than a digital copy, it's just a big shame that the production and distribution costs are so big.
Same with books, missus obsessed with kindle downloads. I am a dinosaur whovstill orders the actual book. Dont feel like I really own a copy unless I can physically hold it. Same with music cd's.
CDs?

Real dinosaurs have vinyl.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24631
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by ChrisW » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:39 am

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:29 am
The Crusader wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:00 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:19 pm
I have ordered the 2nd issue of Dartsplanet. P&P 2 times the cost of the mag :)

Is the German PDC mag still going. Anyone know?
There is something comforting about opening and reading a physical magazine rather than a digital copy, it's just a big shame that the production and distribution costs are so big.
Same with books, missus obsessed with kindle downloads. I am a dinosaur whovstill orders the actual book. Dont feel like I really own a copy unless I can physically hold it. Same with music cd's.
CDs?

Real dinosaurs have vinyl.
Vinyl is easier to buy these days than CDs.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8719
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by devosteve » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Got it today. Quick scan and read.

I like it. They have done a good job.

covers all aspects of darts (don't recall county being mentioned?).

Worth the money (including p&p for the misery on here).
Whip it!

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 8552
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by BlueSpark » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:56 am

On the whole a decent read, a few errors in it but kudos, a success.
2018 PL Exbo (not a major) Comp Week 16 winner

ChrisW
International
Posts: 24631
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by ChrisW » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 am

devosteve wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 pm

covers all aspects of darts (don't recall county being mentioned?).
In the 'Amateur/grassroots' section p27.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 60636
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Darts world magazine

Post by Ginge » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:00 am

BlueSpark wrote:On the whole a decent read, a few errors in it but kudos, a success.
Errors?

Please, tell us more.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”