Darts cases

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Post Reply
ovr__9000
Feather Flights
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:16 pm

Darts cases

Post by ovr__9000 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:24 pm

I have a lovely old set of brass darts and have just got some real feather flights for them but this makes them too big to fit in to their original bakelite case, any advice on where I can get a case to fit these darts?

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29647
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Darts cases

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23860
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Darts cases

Post by Paddy McGinty » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 am

In 1908 a pub owner named Anakin in Leeds, Yorkshire, was taken to court for permitting darts to be played in his establishment. He offered to prove that darts was a game of skill.......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23860
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Darts cases

Post by Paddy McGinty » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:19 am

The Dutch prosecutor has demanded prison sentences against the three suspects who committed a robbery on Raymond van Barneveld’s home in June. The Dutchman himself was abroad at the time of the robbery.

His wife Silvia was home and she discovered the three robbers (24, 24 and 25 years-old). According to the prosecutor, two of the three suspects hit Silvia van Barneveld and pulled her hair.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61108
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Darts cases

Post by Ginge » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:20 am

Poor Sylvia.

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23860
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Darts cases

Post by Paddy McGinty » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:21 am

An international darts player won the right in court yesterday to compete in a major darts tournament after she was suspended for a year by her local organisation.
Ms Eileen O'Neill, from Gardiner's Hill, Cork, was suspended for a year from playing in all competitions by the Cork Darts Organisation after she played in a charity event organised by a breakaway association last month.
Player of the Year for 1997 and 1998, because of the suspension she was banned from playing in last night's major league, although her team from The Joshua Tree pub had reached the semi-final.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

ILAD
Steady Sixties
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Darts cases

Post by ILAD » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:21 am
An international darts player won the right in court yesterday to compete in a major darts tournament after she was suspended for a year by her local organisation.
Ms Eileen O'Neill, from Gardiner's Hill, Cork, was suspended for a year from playing in all competitions by the Cork Darts Organisation after she played in a charity event organised by a breakaway association last month.
Player of the Year for 1997 and 1998, because of the suspension she was banned from playing in last night's major league, although her team from The Joshua Tree pub had reached the semi-final.
Would never happen in the BDO.

ovr__9000
Feather Flights
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:16 pm

Re: Darts cases

Post by ovr__9000 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:33 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:27 pm
https://www.reddragondarts.com/accessor ... llets.html

Some of them are quite big
Thank you but they all look a bit small, problem with the feather flights is that they can't be flattened down and are hard set into the stems.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29647
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Darts cases

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:04 pm

ovr__9000 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:33 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:27 pm
https://www.reddragondarts.com/accessor ... llets.html

Some of them are quite big
Thank you but they all look a bit small, problem with the feather flights is that they can't be flattened down and are hard set into the stems.
My dad used to have one like this for his feather darts

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2755535384
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 7978
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Darts cases

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:26 am

nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:04 pm
ovr__9000 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:33 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:27 pm
https://www.reddragondarts.com/accessor ... llets.html

Some of them are quite big
Thank you but they all look a bit small, problem with the feather flights is that they can't be flattened down and are hard set into the stems.
My dad used to have one like this for his feather darts

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2755535384
A few lads in our local leagues still use those.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”