Barneydome Feb 8 2020, Ziggo Dome Amsterdam

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Barneydome Feb 8 2020, Ziggo Dome Amsterdam

Post by Ginge » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:04 pm

As for Barney, he spent his last year treating the tour with contempt to add to a few years before that doing exactly the same, so why should anyone on the tour miss a weekend to bother with his "look at me! Look at me" event that sold less than 20% of capacity?

Rout
International

Post by Rout » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:11 pm

Ginge wrote:
Rout wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:38 pm
Jocky was left to rot in poverty. Similar with jamie harvey. Taylor skipped sids funeral to play an exbo.

Barney was a bit foolish to expect anything different from his fellows. People are in it for themselves.
My brother didnt attend his own grans funeral in December....grief affects people in different ways. Surely you of all people should know that.

Awaits the people saying this is a low blow etc etc....
Me of all people? Yes I bet I am the only person on here who has had the option of attending a funeral in their lifetime.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Aye, and not everyone goes to them. For various reasons. I am hardly Taylor's biggest fan either but you cant slate someone for making that choice. My own mother had to be convinced to go to it on the end by her sisters (not Sid's funeral here, obvs)

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm

I could be wrong but I thought Taylor was in Australia at the time of Sid’s funeral?
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

Rout
International

Post by Rout » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:24 pm

Well perhaps you are right.

I do think if you are in the public eye you have a responsibility to behave a certain way, even if it's not your natural choice. His absence was noticed at the time in the media for example, which detracted from the occasion a little.

If someone had spent their life and career in absolute devotion to you and that person played a role in you achieving your fame and fortune, with a chunk of their autobiography explaining their fanaticism to you, I think it's the decent thing to do (to attend).

Choosing to play an exbo instead perhaps negates your point a little. No crime has been committed, Taylor is free to make his own choices, but to me it lacked respect for someone who had given him so much.

phil davies
International

Post by phil davies » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:25 pm

Rout wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:38 pm
Jocky was left to rot in poverty. Similar with jamie harvey. Taylor skipped sids funeral to play an exbo.

Barney was a bit foolish to expect anything different from his fellows. People are in it for themselves.
You can’t blame anyone for what happend to Jocky. People tried to help him but he didn’t want it he choose to live a secluded life after his retirement with his wife taking care of him. Nothing wrong with that not everyone wants or likes the limelight. Pretty much everyone that knew/travelled with him said how quite and reserved he was when he wasn’t drunk. Also went around apologising to people for his behaviour the morning after a bender.

I have a feeling MvG for example won’t want as much limelight as the likes of Barney seems to want once he retires.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Superleague Player

Post by 1205 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:58 pm

Rout wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:24 pm
Well perhaps you are right.

I do think if you are in the public eye you have a responsibility to behave a certain way, even if it's not your natural choice. His absence was noticed at the time in the media for example, which detracted from the occasion a little.

If someone had spent their life and career in absolute devotion to you and that person played a role in you achieving your fame and fortune, with a chunk of their autobiography explaining their fanaticism to you, I think it's the decent thing to do (to attend).

Choosing to play an exbo instead perhaps negates your point a little. No crime has been committed, Taylor is free to make his own choices, but to me it lacked respect for someone who had given him so much.
Was Waddell's widow and family upset by Taylor's absence?

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”