The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2398
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by el_ringo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:40 pm

Well the Jacklin's Chief Damage Limitation Officer has his opinion and views

Image

What do you think ?

Or who do you think is making the most money from any BDO Events ?

Has anyone ever seen or know if any 'contract' exists with the Jacklin's and the BDO in the same way as one with Sportal is meant to ?

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61699
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by Ginge » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:43 pm

I dont see what Sportotal has to do with advertising ffs.

There was absolutely nothing stopping the BDO advertising the last WDT, surely?
Last edited by Ginge on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by Skewball » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:44 pm

They should do everything in there power to ditch Sportotal, they have proven to be not fit for purpose and will take 40+% of ANY commercial deal struck by the BDO. Whether they can or not depends on the exact contract of course but its not looking good otherwise surely to God they would have done so by now.
Has the BDO ever been in such a desperate position with no venues, sponsors or details for any of the 3 BDO 'Majors' that are all happening in the next 6 months....

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2398
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by el_ringo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Ginge wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:43 pm

There was absolutely nothing stopping the BDO advertising the last WDT, surely?
Wasn't the last one advertised by the Milkmen etc ?

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61699
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by Ginge » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Hang on....if the Torre and North Cyprus Opens are now official BDO events (the first one always was), and are making money for the BDO...then surely these events also fall under the Sportotal banner?
Sportotal has been appointed exclusively to represent the British Darts Organisation for all commercial activities
"All". Not some. All.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by Skewball » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Ginge wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:50 pm
Hang on....if the Torre and North Cyprus Opens are now official BDO events (the first one always was), and are making money for the BDO...then surely these events also fall under the Sportotal banner?
Sportotal has been appointed exclusively to represent the British Darts Organisation for all commercial activities
"All". Not some. All.
if it was in place before the contract was signed then will not count (I.e Torre). And I think the N Cyprus open is not a BDO event, Paul is wrong.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61699
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by Ginge » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:55 pm

No no no no surely he wont be wrong.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by Skewball » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:57 pm

Ginge wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:55 pm
No no no no surely he wont be wrong.
hes corrected himself in a comment now. N Cyprus has a 'private' promoter.

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2398
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by el_ringo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 pm

Skewball wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:54 pm

if it was in place before the contract was signed then will not count (I.e Torre). And I think the N Cyprus open is not a BDO event, Paul is wrong.
If it's not a BDO Event why does it use their phone number ?

Call the BDO Office 02920811815 or inbox for further details.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by Skewball » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:00 pm

el_ringo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 pm
Skewball wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:54 pm

if it was in place before the contract was signed then will not count (I.e Torre). And I think the N Cyprus open is not a BDO event, Paul is wrong.
If it's not a BDO Event why does it use their phone number ?

Call the BDO Office 02920811815 or inbox for further details.
well indeed. All a bit uncomfortable I think this arrangement.

lets hope the BDO get a good cut of the profits for all this help they are giving teh event.........

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29784
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:11 pm

Skewball wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:57 pm
Ginge wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:55 pm
No no no no surely he wont be wrong.
hes corrected himself in a comment now. N Cyprus has a 'private' promoter.
Paul threatened with a slap?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Skewball
International
Posts: 7035
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by Skewball » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:13 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:11 pm
Skewball wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:57 pm
Ginge wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:55 pm
No no no no surely he wont be wrong.
hes corrected himself in a comment now. N Cyprus has a 'private' promoter.
Paul threatened with a slap?
no, to be fair I think he just didnt word his initial post very well.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25485
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by ChrisW » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:27 pm

Sportal way is the way.

Case
Pub Champion
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by Case » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:05 pm

el_ringo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:40 pm
Well the Jacklin's Chief Damage Limitation Officer has his opinion and views

Image

What do you think ?

Or who do you think is making the most money from any BDO Events ?

Has anyone ever seen or know if any 'contract' exists with the Jacklin's and the BDO in the same way as one with Sportal is meant to ?
Darts for all is nowhere to be seen, a little greed is.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8229
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by DavidOwen67 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:11 pm

To use a well-known Lurgism.

The difference between Sportotal and Des is the same as the difference between shit and shite.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25485
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by ChrisW » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:26 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:11 pm
To use a well-known Lurgism.

The difference between Sportotal and Des is the same as the difference between shit and shite.
And which one dropped an 'e'?

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8229
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by DavidOwen67 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:27 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:26 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:11 pm
To use a well-known Lurgism.

The difference between Sportotal and Des is the same as the difference between shit and shite.
And which one dropped an 'e'?
I know nothing of drugs in darts :D

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 911
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by 1205 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:48 pm

Skewball wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:00 pm
el_ringo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 pm
Skewball wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:54 pm

if it was in place before the contract was signed then will not count (I.e Torre). And I think the N Cyprus open is not a BDO event, Paul is wrong.
If it's not a BDO Event why does it use their phone number ?

Call the BDO Office 02920811815 or inbox for further details.
well indeed. All a bit uncomfortable I think this arrangement.

lets hope the BDO get a good cut of the profits for all this help they are giving teh event.........
In the BBC Radio Lincolnshire, er, thing/interview/interesting-choice-of-music, Des Jacklin said that Sportotal was allowing him to do more than the contract strictly allowed. This might be an example where Sportotal isn't interested. But, unless somebody can post a copy of the contract, we're not really going to know.

The Jolly Man
County Player
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by The Jolly Man » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm

el_ringo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 pm
Skewball wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:54 pm

if it was in place before the contract was signed then will not count (I.e Torre). And I think the N Cyprus open is not a BDO event, Paul is wrong.
If it's not a BDO Event why does it use their phone number ?

Call the BDO Office 02920811815 or inbox for further details.
Might be something as simple as the event will be attend by brits and having the head office of the BDO number means queries can be answered in uk rather than having to phone Cyprus

el_ringo
County Player
Posts: 2398
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: The Jacklin Way or The Sportal Way - Discuss

Post by el_ringo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:26 pm

The Jolly Man wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm


Might be something as simple as the event will be attend by brits and having the head office of the BDO number means queries can be answered in uk rather than having to phone Cyprus
Do they offer this service for any other Opens in and around Europe that have a large Brit attendance ?

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”