Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International
Posts: 26192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by ChrisW » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:47 am

Finals 24th August 2019 St. David’s Hall Cardiff
Entry £5

Prize Fund:
Winner £10,000
Runner-up £2,500
Semis £1,000
QFs £500
Last 16 £250
Last 32 £150
Last 64 £100
Last 128 £50
Last 256 £25

Format Best of 3 legs

2019 qualified winners https://www.reddragondarts.com/info/wor ... 9-winners/

Venues https://www.reddragondarts.com/info/cha ... ns-venues/

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 62222
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by Ginge » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:50 am

More top heavy than Lolo Ferrari, that prize fund. Jesus.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9374
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by BlueSpark » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:09 am

87F711EE-FDED-4F81-9A66-AFFEF1914D26.jpeg
87F711EE-FDED-4F81-9A66-AFFEF1914D26.jpeg (64.43 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11260
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by oche balboa » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am

Jim Williams is favourite
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 18780
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: rambling and bickering moved from other threads

Post by ssjsa » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:03 pm

Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 18780
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: rambling and bickering moved from other threads

Post by ssjsa » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:06 pm

Congratulations to Jim Williams on winning this. Let's hope he can follow in the footsteps of previous Welsh winners Gerwyn Price and Jonny Clayton.
Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

ChrisW
International
Posts: 26192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by ChrisW » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:48 am

Picking up more wonga than last year's lakeside Quarter Final.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8606
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:34 am

Crewe West End Band B player Bradley Brooks was the losing finalist.

QFs in draw order
Brooks bt Burnett
Worsley bt Bates
Williams bt Wicks
Dennant bt Rickwood.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8606
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:43 am

oche balboa wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am
Jim Williams is favourite
Good prediction. However:-

1) Best of 3 legs = lottery
2) Would you genuinely rank him above Clayton and Price?

ChrisW
International
Posts: 26192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by ChrisW » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:51 am

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:43 am
oche balboa wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am
Jim Williams is favourite
Good prediction. However:-

1) Best of 3 legs = lottery
2) Would you genuinely rank him above Clayton and Price?
Chris Price?

User avatar
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player
Posts: 3117
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:57 am
Location: Lancs

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:24 am

ChrisW wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:51 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:43 am
oche balboa wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am
Jim Williams is favourite
Good prediction. However:-

1) Best of 3 legs = lottery
2) Would you genuinely rank him above Clayton and Price?
Chris Price?
A Rovers Legend ;-)

Black Velvet
Superleague Player
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am

Re: rambling and bickering moved from other threads

Post by Black Velvet » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 am

ssjsa wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:06 pm
Congratulations to Jim Williams on winning this. Let's hope he can follow in the footsteps of previous Welsh winners Gerwyn Price and Jonny Clayton.
When were either of those world number one?

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8606
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: rambling and bickering moved from other threads

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:53 am

Black Velvet wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 am
ssjsa wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:06 pm
Congratulations to Jim Williams on winning this. Let's hope he can follow in the footsteps of previous Welsh winners Gerwyn Price and Jonny Clayton.
When were either of those world number one?
1/10. Inane, predictable stuff from "SuperSize Me" Liam.

ILAD
The Ton Club
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: rambling and bickering moved from other threads

Post by ILAD » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:33 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:53 am
Black Velvet wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 am
ssjsa wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:06 pm
Congratulations to Jim Williams on winning this. Let's hope he can follow in the footsteps of previous Welsh winners Gerwyn Price and Jonny Clayton.
When were either of those world number one?
1/10. Inane, predictable stuff from "SuperSize Me" Liam.
FFS Drupid leave fatty alone.

only85
Pub Champion
Posts: 884
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:36 pm
Location: rzeszow polska

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by only85 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:06 pm

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:24 am
ChrisW wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:51 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:43 am
oche balboa wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am
Jim Williams is favourite
Good prediction. However:-

1) Best of 3 legs = lottery
2) Would you genuinely rank him above Clayton and Price?
Chris Price?
A Rovers Legend ;-)
simon garner !!!!

User avatar
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player
Posts: 3117
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:57 am
Location: Lancs

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:26 am

only85 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:06 pm
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:24 am
ChrisW wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:51 am

Chris Price?
A Rovers Legend ;-)
simon garner !!!!
A true Rovers legend, smoked 40 cigs a day and drunk like a fish but he could play like a demon , with a right foot like a cannon :grin:

Black Velvet
Superleague Player
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am

Re: rambling and bickering moved from other threads

Post by Black Velvet » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:03 am

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:53 am
Black Velvet wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 am
ssjsa wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:06 pm
Congratulations to Jim Williams on winning this. Let's hope he can follow in the footsteps of previous Welsh winners Gerwyn Price and Jonny Clayton.
When were either of those world number one?
1/10. Inane, predictable stuff from "SuperSize Me" Liam.
Ah, so RD is deflecting from a simple question again.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8606
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:39 pm

Well, it took a while. But I got there.

As Liam said after waddling to the en-suite bathroom.

ILAD
The Ton Club
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by ILAD » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:53 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:39 pm
Well, it took a while. But I got there.

As Liam said after waddling to the en-suite bathroom.
He bites straight away, shame he didn’t bite the takeaways as much.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 18780
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Worthington's Champion of Champions 2019

Post by ssjsa » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:11 am

LiveDarts interview with the 2019 Champion of Champions.

Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”