Tony Mitchell

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Tony Mitchell

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:27 pm You're back to being better than me, again.
He was better than you the moment he opened his eyes after surgery :grin:

Glad to see you getting back Tony.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:27 pm You're back to being better than me, again.
Not hard for a serious darter
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:14 am
He was better than you the moment he opened his eyes after surgery :grin:

Glad to see you getting back Tony.

:DDD: that’s given me a chuckle for today , i’m sure many will give me a good kicking ;-)
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Thanks everybody , i’m trying hard.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

I had four days off due to tiredness and when I got back on the board I was rubbish , been like that for two days now. I think it’s a concentration thing , but I don't know. My practice went tits up due to my opponent working , will try again today and see what it brings.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

It’s alright , practiced today, did alright :DDD: had to work out how to hold and release again! Have signed on for a Wednesday night team , will see how it goes.

On another note i’ve done a mile and half today and had over an hour on the board, will see if it costs me tomorrow!

Night all
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

So had my first competitive game tonight and won 3-0 , I played some ok stuff and some shite , finished 121 on the bull so a happy person.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Well done. Hope things continue to go your way.
SAFC
Superleague Player

Post by SAFC »

Maverick wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:59 pm So had my first competitive game tonight and won 3-0 , I played some ok stuff and some shite , finished 121 on the bull so a happy person.
Nice one bud good too see u getting back to your best
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Thanks guys will keep up with the forum during my recovery.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

I had a driving lesson today and contacted DVLA and insurance , can drive again!

May seem small but it’s a huge leap for me.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Maverick wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:00 pm I had a driving lesson today and contacted DVLA and insurance , can drive again!

I can empathize with you about that, Sir.
I'm still not allowed to more than seven years since an almost lethal accident, followed by 6 surgeries due to the accident, and once that was done, one major and a handful of minor heart surgeries. Can't wait for the day I will finally be off pain killers and other medication that won't allow me to drive as of now. Certainly gonna take lessons again when it (hopefully) finally happens, too.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Duterprat wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:54 pm
Maverick wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:00 pm I had a driving lesson today and contacted DVLA and insurance , can drive again!

I'm still not allowed to more than seven years since an almost lethal accident, followed by 6 surgeries due to the accident, and once that was done, one major and a handful of minor heart surgeries. Can't wait for the day I will finally be off pain killers and other medication that won't allow me to drive as of now. Certainly gonna take lessons again when it (hopefully) finally happens, too.
I wish you well young sir , it has been horrendous but now i’m Getting back to normal , whatever normal is ! It’s taking a while to get my throw back, I may get it I may not , but the important thing is i’m still here, everything else eventually can be fixed . :headbang:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Hope it works out.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

nikkiboy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Hope it works out.
I’ll either be back or I won’t it’ll work out either way 👍
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Huge thanks to the players at the euro event just after my stroke , a collection was made and the items will be raffled off for the stroke association, also a massive thanks to the PDPA benevolent fund for their contribution, as of Jan 24th I slip to half pay and I don’t know yet if I can go back , if I need surgery, or if can get a lump sum to tide me over! Having never used the benefit system in my life I don’t know if I can claim anything? Anyone that knows , let me know 🙂
rabsmith2
Superleague Player

Post by rabsmith2 »

Get well soon lad, the body is a great healer god bless
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Maverick wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:03 pm Huge thanks to the players at the euro event just after my stroke , a collection was made and the items will be raffled off for the stroke association, also a massive thanks to the PDPA benevolent fund for their contribution, as of Jan 24th I slip to half pay and I don’t know yet if I can go back , if I need surgery, or if can get a lump sum to tide me over! Having never used the benefit system in my life I don’t know if I can claim anything? Anyone that knows , let me know 🙂
Talk to the experts Tony, if anyone knows what's available it'll be them.

https://www.stroke.org.uk/finding-support
Sally
Pub Champion

Post by Sally »

Why not try your local Citizens Advice Bureau and the DSS, or whatever they are called nowadays. This website looks a good place to start....

https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Sally
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Thanks everybody , I have an appointment with CAB , they should help if any is available.