The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International
Posts: 25893
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by ChrisW » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:30 am

https://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/b ... mpionships

Already up on the O2 website.

After four decades of the prestigious competition residing at The Lakeside, the new home of The BDO World Professional Darts Championships will be indigo at the O2.

Further announcements to follow soon regarding on-sale dates and tournament/venue information

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9261
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by BlueSpark » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm

BDO keep all money from the ticket sales
Expect them to not be cheap
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29854
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by nikkiboy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm
BDO keep all money from the ticket sales
Expect them to not be cheap
No excuse for the 'fanatics' not to break their ducks and actually turn up, excellent travel links and thousands of hotels within a £5 Uber ride. The success will all be about bums on seats, 1700 tickets per session is going to be hard to fill but not impossible for London. If he pulls this off it will be the coup of the century!
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29854
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by nikkiboy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Have to say as well, it's the first week of August and we have date and venue confirmation which is better than last year and no excuse now for fanatics not to come.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

foggs3355
International
Posts: 7090
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by foggs3355 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm
BDO keep all money from the ticket sales
Expect them to not be cheap
No excuse for the 'fanatics' not to break their ducks and actually turn up, excellent travel links and thousands of hotels within a £5 Uber ride. The success will all be about bums on seats, 1700 tickets per session is going to be hard to fill but not impossible for London. If he pulls this off it will be the coup of the century!
I agree will they get any sold out session if get 1000 that won’t look as bad on tv but if like 200 it will

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11117
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by oche balboa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Whether the gang will go is up in the air but i will be attending the 2020 BDO Worlds
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29854
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by nikkiboy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:04 pm

foggs3355 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm
BDO keep all money from the ticket sales
Expect them to not be cheap
No excuse for the 'fanatics' not to break their ducks and actually turn up, excellent travel links and thousands of hotels within a £5 Uber ride. The success will all be about bums on seats, 1700 tickets per session is going to be hard to fill but not impossible for London. If he pulls this off it will be the coup of the century!
I agree will they get any sold out session if get 1000 that won’t look as bad on tv but if like 200 it will
Travelodge docklands less than a mile away just £29.99 a night!!!!!

Goosey we going the Tuesday and Wednesday again next year?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:07 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:04 pm
foggs3355 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm
BDO keep all money from the ticket sales
Expect them to not be cheap
No excuse for the 'fanatics' not to break their ducks and actually turn up, excellent travel links and thousands of hotels within a £5 Uber ride. The success will all be about bums on seats, 1700 tickets per session is going to be hard to fill but not impossible for London. If he pulls this off it will be the coup of the century!
I agree will they get any sold out session if get 1000 that won’t look as bad on tv but if like 200 it will
Travelodge docklands less than a mile away just £29.99 a night!!!!!

Goosey we going the Tuesday and Wednesday again next year?
Nothing been discussed as yet.
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29854
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by nikkiboy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 pm

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:07 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:04 pm
foggs3355 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm
BDO keep all money from the ticket sales
Expect them to not be cheap
No excuse for the 'fanatics' not to break their ducks and actually turn up, excellent travel links and thousands of hotels within a £5 Uber ride. The success will all be about bums on seats, 1700 tickets per session is going to be hard to fill but not impossible for London. If he pulls this off it will be the coup of the century!
I agree will they get any sold out session if get 1000 that won’t look as bad on tv but if like 200 it will
Travelodge docklands less than a mile away just £29.99 a night!!!!!

Goosey we going the Tuesday and Wednesday again next year?
Nothing been discussed as yet.
May only be the one night for me seeing as I'm going to the Vegas Open the following week :)

As a 'fanatic' you HAVE to go....
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Oh, I'll be there
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9261
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by BlueSpark » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Count me in
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9261
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by BlueSpark » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:11 pm

Also, my mate who was The Sheriff on df may attend
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

User avatar
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member
Posts: 23133
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by spaceman70 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:54 pm

foggs3355 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm
BDO keep all money from the ticket sales
Expect them to not be cheap
No excuse for the 'fanatics' not to break their ducks and actually turn up, excellent travel links and thousands of hotels within a £5 Uber ride. The success will all be about bums on seats, 1700 tickets per session is going to be hard to fill but not impossible for London. If he pulls this off it will be the coup of the century!
I agree will they get any sold out session if get 1000 that won’t look as bad on tv but if like 200 it will
The majority of the seating will probably be on the upper tier. The cameras will be floor level, hopefully they will fill the floor quite easily.
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29854
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by nikkiboy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:57 pm

spaceman70 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:54 pm
foggs3355 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm
BDO keep all money from the ticket sales
Expect them to not be cheap
No excuse for the 'fanatics' not to break their ducks and actually turn up, excellent travel links and thousands of hotels within a £5 Uber ride. The success will all be about bums on seats, 1700 tickets per session is going to be hard to fill but not impossible for London. If he pulls this off it will be the coup of the century!
I agree will they get any sold out session if get 1000 that won’t look as bad on tv but if like 200 it will
The majority of the seating will probably be on the upper tier. The cameras will be floor level, hopefully they will fill the floor quite easily.
You planning on making the pilgrimage this year Dave?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23975
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Paddy McGinty » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:04 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:07 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:04 pm
foggs3355 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm


No excuse for the 'fanatics' not to break their ducks and actually turn up, excellent travel links and thousands of hotels within a £5 Uber ride. The success will all be about bums on seats, 1700 tickets per session is going to be hard to fill but not impossible for London. If he pulls this off it will be the coup of the century!
I agree will they get any sold out session if get 1000 that won’t look as bad on tv but if like 200 it will
Travelodge docklands less than a mile away just £29.99 a night!!!!!

Goosey we going the Tuesday and Wednesday again next year?
Nothing been discussed as yet.
May only be the one night for me seeing as I'm going to the Vegas Open the following week :)

As a 'fanatic' you HAVE to go....
Yes I'll be there, but just for the Wednesday Evening session,.......real fanatics appreciate real darts........ Not to be missed.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25893
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by ChrisW » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:14 pm

I might look at popping over for this. Should be relatively easy now it is in the capital.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 18522
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by ssjsa » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Another good venue, following the announcement of the Masters at the Circus Tavern.

Like the Masters, I await the announcement of both the prize money and sponsorship, before passing comment on the success of the BDO/Sportotal.

Like the vast majority of the forum, hope that these recent developments reignite the organisation after years of poor leadership and decision making, but still sceptical of Des, due to his penchant for exaggeration and self glorification.
Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member
Posts: 23133
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by spaceman70 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:16 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:57 pm
spaceman70 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:54 pm
foggs3355 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:33 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm
BDO keep all money from the ticket sales
Expect them to not be cheap
No excuse for the 'fanatics' not to break their ducks and actually turn up, excellent travel links and thousands of hotels within a £5 Uber ride. The success will all be about bums on seats, 1700 tickets per session is going to be hard to fill but not impossible for London. If he pulls this off it will be the coup of the century!
I agree will they get any sold out session if get 1000 that won’t look as bad on tv but if like 200 it will
The majority of the seating will probably be on the upper tier. The cameras will be floor level, hopefully they will fill the floor quite easily.
You planning on making the pilgrimage this year Dave?
More than likely mate.
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8382
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidOwen67 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:42 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm
Count me in
Likewise. It will be hilarious when they move the only 12 people in the room to another table for having a "Willies" sign.

mshaw2
Superleague Player
Posts: 1314
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: The BDO World Professional Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by mshaw2 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:54 am

ssjsa wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:55 pm
Like the Masters, I await the announcement of both the prize money and sponsorship, before passing comment on the success of the BDO/Sportotal.
Yes, I judge success on prize money and sponsorship too. Really adds to the excitement, doesn't it.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”